Solo PvP Tristan Fits

Looking to learn more about solo PvP by losing a bunch of/many Tristans in FW.

Essentially I want to have a couple of fits I can use repeatedly to learn more about fighting at the different ranges. I’m aware there will be stuff I’ll just auto-lose to - I’m ok with that.

I pillaged zkill for a couple of fits, tweaked them a little, and would really appreciate some feedback.

In particular I’m not a fan of the overclocking rig on the brawl fit. Seems clumsy.

Thanks!

[Brawling Tristan]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Warp Scrambler II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Small Energy Nosferatu II
125mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge S
125mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge S

Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Hobgoblin II x8

[Tristan, Kiting Tristan]
Overdrive Injector System II

J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor
Medium Shield Extender II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x8

For the brawling fit, I’d go with blasters since the idea is just to blow them up as soon as possible on the warp-in beacon (assuming you are the one sitting in the plex to begin with). So I’d go with something like the below fit instead.

[Tristan, brawl]

Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Hobgoblin II x5
Hobgoblin II x3

2 Likes

The kite fit is pretty cookie cutter, although you probably want to downgrade all rigs to T1 and swap an EM for an extender rig. Nanofiber is also often a better idea than an overdrive in a kiter.

That brawler Tristan is actually a scram-kiter. It fights at relatively short range but there is still a damage avoidance element involved with long range guns. Probably knock the NOS off, if everything goes well you will be out of its optimal and if the fight comes down to it, it probably won’t do much to help you. Then you are also free to get rid of the CPU rig. You could then go for all bulkheads or armor repair rigs.

Alternatives include above fit, full neutralizer racks and dual tank with MASB and SAAR. The latter two lack severely in range control though.

Also splitting the drone bay between Hobgoblins and Warriors should go a long way in fighting armor frigates, of which you’ll find many in FW.

Note: Thanks to the tracking bonus on the hull, you can reliably use Void ammo on blaster fits, effectively turning it into a damage bonus.

1 Like

That’s good to know, thanks. What’s my optimal engagement range, do you think? I had it in my mind it’d be around 7k to stay in web/scram range, but not too close, but fitting blasters makes me think more like 1k.

Keep at range 7-8.5 for rails and orbit 0.5-1 for blasters basically. You can occasionally overheat the scram to go out to 9-9.5 if needed but try not to lose tackle.

1 Like

For posterity, here are the revised fits -

[Kiting Tristan]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Warp Disruptor II
Medium Shield Extender II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x3

[Scramkiting Tristan]
Damage Control II

Warp Scrambler II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

125mm Railgun II, Plutonium Charge S
125mm Railgun II, Plutonium Charge S

Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x3

[Brawling Tristan]
Damage Control II

Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
1MN Afterburner II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x3

I would def use a cap booster on your brawler, a lot of times you will run out of cap, it will save you and give you that extra boost needed.

Have a look at my recent Tristan loses on zkillboard. The fit works well in solo FW. Remember to pick your enemies wisely. If you need any tips on the Tristan just convo or mail me. Best of luck.

Hello Im a tristan fanatic as well . But i fly in Null mostly . I prefer
highs
Light Neutron Blasters x2
Ghoul small Nos
Mids
compact MWD
1mn AB
T2 Scram

Lows
DC t2
micro auxilary power core 1
small ancillary armor repper
Rigs
Transverse bulkhead 1 x3
5 hobs and 3 warriors

gives alot of flexibility and range control in null sec and can work in low sec if your selective . can solo 1v1 all combat ceptors and T1 hulls in normal null fits if proper tactics are utilized . can even catch the occasional beam confessor on gate if they underestimate the T1 hull

1 Like

Okay, this might come across as weird, but …

The “Fat Man” was one of my first favourite ships to fly when I started playing EVE and I’ve used it with SMARTBOMBS, not because that was stupid NONONONONO, HELL NO! I’ve used it with smartbombs, because IT WAS AWESOME!

That’s all I wanted to say.
Great memories. :blush:

edit: awww ■■■■, COME ON, 27 days later. -.-

1 Like

You could have at least waited the extra day before creating a zombie thread.

Your scram/kite fit should be able to fit a meta neut. I know it nukes your capacitor but in a frig fight it’s not gonna matter and neuts are always good to have on your side as so many people fly active tanked ships in solo around the warzone.

I like the funny irony in your post, which was written 25 days after mine. :blush:

I was going to wait 3 days but knew I’d forget. Then the thread would lock before it got to 28 weeks.

1 Like

Old one but hey its EVE. Things move slowly in here. Here are my thoughts.

A tristan is pretty much always countered or disengaged because its slow and/or lacks DPS.

Your brawler is a scram kiter. A painfully slow scramkiter. Every brawler out there will be able to brawl you.
Ppl have told you to remove the nos which is a good idea. Never use nos or neut on a scram kiting frigate unless it has a range bonus. Remove the CPU rig but do NOT tank it further. You need a speed rig. If I were you I would remove one more hull rig and fly with 2 mobility rigs. A slow scram kiter is a dead scram kiter.

Kiting Tristans suffer from the stupid drones syndrome. You will only ever be able to kill AB frigs, short ranged dessies (yes you are so slow that you will want to keep an eye on the MWD dessies to) or a cruiser here and there. If you are planning on warping in on plexes I recommend SAAR and 2 mobility rigs. All those shield modules + the fact that you are slow means that even slow locking dessies with be able to catch you on warpin.

Only time I ever use a Tristan is when I want to kill drone dessies and/or hold tackle on cruisers. In which case it looks like this:

[Tristan, New Setup 9]
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

250mm Light ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot S
250mm Light ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hobgoblin II x3
Nanite Repair Paste x16
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x200
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot S x200
Navy Cap Booster 400 x10

The point of this one is holding tackle for extended periods of time in which you take intervals of spikedamage like from drone dessies or cruisers. So if you ask me, the Tristan is not ideal for fighting frigs but it excels when messing around above its weightclass.

1 Like

I’d be interested to hear how you got on with the new fit

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.