Mentor needed (UK TZ)

Greetings ladies and gents,

I’m a new player, just started a couple of weeks ago but actually spent more time reading about EVE than actually playing it.
The more I read, the more it intrigues me and I want to know more. The issue is, the huge amount of information revolving around the game … and I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface…

At this point, I could really use a mentor, preferably a military one as I intend to follow this path.

I live in the UK, play mostly in the evenings after 8pm and weekends a bit more, depending on availability… you know, family, kids, work etc. I’m also an IT professional, speaking 4 European languages… so I might be able to return the favor in, perhaps, advice regarding something non-EVE related.

I would love to find that nice person with the knowledge, time and patience to answer questions about the game, help me spend the skill points properly, with a clear direction, rather that me assuming I will be needing this or that skill or copying a build I find online which perhaps is only useful in particular scenarios.
Example: I’d rather not wait 12 days for the upgrades T1->T2 railguns if I’m going to use light missiles or rockets predominantly later on in the game. I know you can skill those too but it’s clearly more efficient if I upgrade the correct ones from the start.

I also have silly questions like: what do you refer to as “blob” or what’s blues, reds, greens, SEAT (guessing not the car)… etc.
There’s only so much I can deduct from reading other players experiences throughout the game, some terms are very EVE specific and assumption is the mother of all… yes. :slight_smile:

I’m playing alpha atm but can (and will) upgrade to Omega as soon as I know where I’m heading to - no issues with this.

Worth mentioning that I’m not new to gaming, been playing games, some of them quite hardcore, since Supaplex and Wolferstein 3D. Too many years of various MMOs, guild leading, raid leader, officer… blabla; I can elaborate further in game if needed.

I did receive a few recruitment mails in game but I did not respond/apply to the respective corps as it is an important decision for me, I’m not a guild/corp hopper, I usually stick with with my first choice.

This was supposed to be a short post… well… :slight_smile:

Bottom line: I would really appreciate if a veteran with broad knowledge of military advancement and tactics would help me get up to speed faster than I normally would by reading guides/blogs/forums.
In return, as I’m not a very ISK-oriented person (just need enough of it to go along), I can only offer my friendship. Initially I wanted to say “my trust” but I noticed Trust is a very sensitive subject in this game and I most definitely can imagine why.

I can be contacted in game - Sir Preto - or on Discord but I rather give the details out in private.

Kind regards,
Preto

1 Like

“I’m also an IT professional, speaking 4 European languages… so I might be able to return the favor in, perhaps, advice regarding something non-EVE related.”

Quoting you on this but are you saying, after teaching you everything about eve and it’s facets that you’re very interested in, that you’d be willing to shoot a casting couch video?

asking for a friend

3 Likes

Add me on Discord, BearThatCares#1337

1 Like

The interpretation… :smile:
I like it.

No.

2 Likes

Hey you! Yeah you! I’m talking to you! How are you doing today? What was your day like? I hope you give me the chance to talk to you about these very important matters.

Hi, my name is Arima Yuki.

And I am the current Alliance Recruitment Director for the alliance, known as Exxitium.

Exxitium is an industry-focused alliance with assets located in HS and in LS. We are currently looking for both players and corporations alike. Here are the quick details on the kind of players we’re looking for:

• Low-Sec Miners/PVPers Are Preferred ATM - We’re looking for the gutsy, distrusting, high-risk, high-reward tall-short dwarf who isn’t afraid to go out into our LS territory and mine all that shiny moon-goo. You are self-aware, you have D-SCAN up, and are weary of the average turdball dropping a t3 cruiser on you. No neut in-system is below your attention. Every threat is a threat. And if given the chance, you’d gladly scratch another killmark into that billion ISK Tengu of yours.

• Team-Oriented Player - When you join Exxitium, you join more than just a corporation affiliated with the alliance, you join a single team. Each of us in Exxitium is dedicated to doing our part by doing what we do best for the betterment of the alliance. Teamwork makes the dream work as an old co-worker would put it. That being said…

• Independent BAMF When At Play - Now, when I say “BAMF” I mean you’ve got a Bad Aptitude for Making things Fun. If you want to know what I actually mean, please feel free to join our public channel in-game, or feel free to come join us here: Official Exxitium Discord and last but not least…

• Casual Players Are Invited To Share In The Fudgery That Happens Almost Daily - I really shouldn’t need to explain this one to you. That being said, EVE is not your wife. EVE shouldn’t supplant your wife (Yes, you, I’m talking to you, Kholarian). And if it is, congratulations on your divorce (or second wife, either or really).

Sound good to you? Sound too good to be true? Why don’t you give me the chance to prove it? Feel free to reach out to me in-game. Or come chat with me in our Discord linked above.

Thank you! And as we say in BISHP Industries, fly safe! And fly with honor!

I actually have an EUTZ corporation looking for members. I’d be glad to have you for them.

1 Like

Hey take a look at this ad see if it’s for you

1 Like

Sounds like you have caught the disease :wink:
Welcome to the club!!! E-FED would love some new Blood to teach the ropes too.

1 Like

Hi Preto!

if you’re wanting in learning the game with some hands-on guidance, my corp is custom designed for that very thing. We’re focused on training new pilots, and have a lot of resources in place to help them find their way in New Eden.

Here, you can read our ad with details:

I strongly believe in pilots learning by doing, which means I’m there to help you figure things out, but also that we’re actually doing things so you can practice. We have ops nearly every day of the week, everything from small gangs to giant fleets. There’s always something to do!

You can convo me in-game, or you can visit our Discord: Akadeimia Keipouron SVK

I’ll send you in-game mail as well. Let’s get in touch!

Welcome to New Eden! Fly Safe!

o7
EH

1 Like

Thank you for the replies guys, much appreciated!

It’s been a very busy week and I haven’t had the time to play but long weekend incoming, can’t wait to lose another Venture to a CODE shiny knight demanding mining permits in high sec… :slight_smile:

Will have a look at all your replies and contact you afterwards.

Regards,
Preto

1 Like

Ping me in-game. I maybe not always available or even cannot answer your question but happy to assist time to time.

While I’m not a veteran in this game, I’ll be happy to answer any (silly) questions you ask me or mail to me ingame. To answer your example questions:

When someone is flying his ship hunting for a nice 1v1 battle in space, catches someone and tries to kill him, it can happen that his victim calls in help from his standing fleet and a ´blob´ of ships overwhelm the hunter. As I see it, getting blobbed means you suddenly fight too many ships to handle.
(Not to be confused with a type of ship called Black Ops, or blops, which creates jump bridges for cloaky ships).

The colours refer to how most people have set up their overview settings (for an example of overview setting see the Z-S overview pack I’m using), in order to have enemies show up as red, friends as blue, people from the same corporation as green and people in the same fleet as purple. So if someone says NPSI, it means they shoot anyone who is not in their fleet (not purple shoot it).

SEAT I haven’t heard of yet, but I guess they’re talking about SeAT, a tool that seems to allow corporation leadership to keep an eye on what happens in their corps through the available APIs in EVE.

2 Likes

Rebels and Renegades is a EU/USTZ corp in Warped Intentions.

Rebels and Renegades is a pvp corp run by a group of like minded older players in eve. Our goals are to be a competent corp in small scale pvp, Blops, and Alliance/Coalition level fleets. We have multiple FCs in our corp / alliance / Coalition. Who will supply you with plenty of fleets. If you are well trained and interested in pvp, from small scale up to large scale, you will fit perfectly in. That being said, we all have a real life and we understand if you have one too.

We offer

• 0.0 PvP

• EU, US timezone

• small, medium and large scale pvp

• high skilled and experienced members.

• we help each other with everything in the game

• awesome logistic service for direct supply from Jita to our home space, from alliance services

• Corp Discord and alliance Mumble.

What we expect:

• at least 10m skillpoints

• 0.0 and pvp experience is not a must, but nice to have

• FAX and Dread alts is always good to have.

• We expect our pilots to be able to follow instructions from the FC.

• learning abilitiy (nobody is perfect)

We do not claim to be better than others, but we shoot much more than we lose, and we have fun while doing so.

Join our Discord if you are interested in talking with a recruiter Discord

Or check out our Website

good answer Gerard o7

I am always a fan of assisting those who are interested in asking questions. I’m in the EST TZ from the US, but I’d be happy to be a reference if you need one. Hit me up. :slight_smile:

Hello, what part of uk you from my dude?
Im from bristol (ARRRRR) in my 12 years of eve pretty much done about everything but im a solo and microgang pvper. We try to show people the ropes as much as possible to give then that edge that many newbros may never get; have a read here :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.