Meredith en Thielles - Space Rocks and Roll

I’m Kristan, but I’m known as Meredith en Thielles, and I exist for three things in game:

1. The lore
  2. Finding space rocks,
  3. Being the best diplo I can humanly be for both my alliance and the community at large when they ask me, “What is EVE Online?” while maintaining an alliance radio station targeted at fellow alliance and coalition members.

Outside of the game, I work in the financial industry by day, and I write books (published four times) and paint (my artwork has been displayed in a few galleries across North Ontario) in my spare time.

My community involvement includes:

• Donating my art to the EVE meets (starting with EVE North - that hand painted framed picture of a planet? That was my work.) to raise money for charity.
  • Volunteering at the meets and conventions. I’m more of a hands on “it’s more fun as a volunteer” than sitting on the sidelines type. Someone asks for help, and I’m there.
  • Working as a diplo for my alliance, SLYCE, as a point of contact for corp recruitment and helping new players and old alike get used to null sec if they haven’t been out there before.
  • Maintaining an in-character blog on surviving EVE while doing it all in character.

What I stand for:

• Anti-bullying.
  • Anti-botting.
  • Helping others get into the game, whether as a brand new player or a returning one a little lost on the UI changes.
  • Anything to do with industry.
  • The meets and more ways for us to just be blue to each other outside of game.
4 Likes

VOTE FOR MER.

Shes one of the most helpful individuals I’ve met in the game. Very social, loves meeting new people and just an genuine great person.

Could you please expand on what you consider in-game bullying?

I have had the pleasure to co-diplo with Merry for a while now, and I find her intelligent, involved, responsible and even-tempered. I think as a member of CSM she would be fair to groups with interests in other parts of space and in other alliances, and that she would have the well-being of EVE as a whole at heart.

The CSM is vital to us as players and for the future of this game, so if you are looking for a good candidate, Merry’s your gal. Also, she’s from Canada and they’re pretty nice up there so she probably wouldn’t burn the place down.

Meredith en Thielles : Probably Will Not Burn Down EVE!

1 Like

Ah, I’m glad you asked that.

I don’t necessarily mean EVE only in that statement. I tend to end up being that gentle listening ear most talk to about other things not so EVE related. I’m typically older than some of the newbros joining, and when they realize that I tend to hear much about how their day has gone, whether in school or at work. As you can imagine, that can mean I hear quite a bit of how their day, and lives, are not as bright and cheery as they could be… or even should be.

Where it regards EVE, I’m more about the outside of the game being always blue to each other. I know that, given the size of the community, it’s not always possible but generally we are a great bunch. However, if a situation comes up as it sometimes can between players I have a hard line called against outside of game bullying, whether it was something that carried from within the game to outside of it or just people not getting along. We can agree to disagree, but let’s at least be civil without resorting to bullying.

And that’s my stance and why I mentioned it.

The two things people can take from this is that:

1. What happens in game between characters/ships stays in game. Once out of game, we’re all blue.
  2. Even if it’s not related to EVE, if you feel comfortable enough I have two ears ready for listening.

~ Meredith

1 Like

Meredith is a OMG AMAZING ARTIST!!! She donated an amazing portrait for the charity auction at EVE North and helped raise some serious coin for Sick Kids Hospital.
I absolutely think she will work hard for us!
Love from me!
Ivy
xoxoxo

3 Likes

You guys are all awesome and it’s an honour to share space with you.

You noted the lore. What about it? Do you have any view on the EVE lore? Suggestions for betterment, may be?

Meredith has the time to commit to the CSM meetings and work. That’s half the battle. She’s got my vote.

So was the “space rocks” an inside joke or is she serious about mining?

:confused:
Hope you consider running again, though.

condolences. you had my vote until late in the game, then phantomite got yours

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.