Micro Subscription ? -> Alpha Specialization!

Glad somebody gets it …

Well, if one of these tiers would further open up a certain playstyle for 80~90% of the Omega Availability, people would still not get full potential out of a micro-subscription. And if these would be $5,- each, that would equate to 0.5B ISK, at current subscription being 1.5B … not sure how viable that is to obtain ?

This is why we’re against it. We know how easy it is to attain 1.5B ISK.

Maybe I should be a bit more clear.

https://eve-marketdata.com/price_check.php?type_name_header=Blue+Ice

2 ice can be collected per cycle with a T2 in a barge (not even a exhumer, a barge)

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ice_harvesting

Assume 200k per ice because someone will buy it cheap and sell it high. This would mean per month you merely need to collect 7500 ice. You can cut the time in half because it can be done with 2 ice miners. Can be cut even lower in time by rigs. But for sake of math lets assume a T1 ice miner instead of a T2. 7500 becomes 3750. No rigs either so we can flat math this out. Standard time is 240 seconds. That is almost 11 days worth of ice mining sitting at a mere 250 hours. Most of this time is just sitting in the belt and dumping to your hauler.

Now lets cut this time into 1/3rd for a pure ice mining subscription. I can now afford to field 3 barges for the value of 1. Or 2 and a hauler. Or 1 booster/hauler/miner. We don’t need this kind of explosion in the market or the mining.

1 Like

The following is going to consist of extremely rough estimations, but they should serve to illustrate the point. (Also it looks like MinerArt beat me to the punch with a similar example while I was composing this. D’oh.)

As a for instance, I live around a system with ice anomalies to mine. There is another person with 20 accounts, 18 barges, 1 orca, and 1 freighter who can mine almost all of the belt by himself in a half hour or so.

A chunk of ice is worth about 300k. An ice asteroid may have about 100 units of ice to mine, so 30m isk per rock. There are about 20 rocks to mine so something like 600m isk. There are two belts in my system, so 1.2 billion isk for about an hour’s time spent mostly watching Youtube. A large sum of isk is required to plex all these accounts, about 30B, so about anything after 30 hours of game time a month is profit.

Decrease the cost by two thirds and what is break even today would be 20B in profit tomorrow, at least in the short term.

A common problem with well intentioned ideas is that people will not stop at the limits of your intent, but instead will abuse it to the maximum possible effect. If you’ve heard the saying ‘This is why we can’t have nice things’, it derives from this kind of reality check.

1 Like

Sorry… Also an ice rock regularly has over 100 block on it. Rocks spawn every 4 hours after depletion. My skiff (without my boosts from implants/skills) has a 128 second cycle. Can add a drone to it to make it slightly faster.

It’s merely 134 hours of mining a month for a plex or 5.6 days. Beyond that suddenly I can plex up a hauler. Beyond that I can suddenly plex up a booster. And now a freighter.

Tnx MinerArt & Qia Kare for taking the time to write down an actual argument so that i can actually understand the issue. The ‘hell no’ kind of comments are doing no discussion any good.

Do wonder a bit on whether ‘if it’s that easy’ why making it any easier would be a real problem. The idea was mainly there to have Alpha’s open up the game more in the direction they are going (enjoying the game) and create some revenue for the game. (and part of me wonders if it might also be a way to somewhat tone down alpha, as requested by some, while at the same time opening up Eve more (as alphas are said to request more and more), with just a partial subscription, beating two flies at the same time)

Sure people will try to abuse it, and as far as i can tell that’s perhaps the pan-ultimate goal of the game, given you stick with it long enough to develop all the skills, and payed during that time, then if you work hard the rest of the game time is basically free. It’s sort of like GuildWars f/e where you buy the game and it’s ftp afterwards…

Anyways, i get your concerns, just wonder if it’s really that much of a problem… if it’s dead easy already, making it easier seems like it’s not changing a thing.

The change would be that the practice would become even more pervasive. A multiboxer has to commit to making the isk to plex their accounts. The relative difficulty of that commitment determines who can do it and to what extent.

I already have a tough time providing lucrative mining opportunities to alpha clones that are not quickly mined up by people with several accounts. I would prefer, under the circumstances, to exhaust my own effort to make alpha clones feel valuable in lieu of further empowering multibox fleets to cheat them out of the same.

I am sorry for my tone. I mean to sound friendly, but I think I sound like Ben Stein instead. ^^;

1 Like

Not at all … there is a big difference in the way you come across when you actually give arguments and explain your point, as opposed to when you just respond to it with ‘NO Way, Never’ (in some cases followed by a couple of ad hominem) …

There is nothing wrong with not agreeing with something with arguments, it furthers the discussion and creates better understanding of possible issues. Sometimes from those opposing arguments new insights can come that spur on a new or even better idea. And the people that are in favor can and sort of have to come up with counter arguments if they want to press the idea forward, this leads to more detailing of the idea. There is no way to respond to a ‘No Way, Never’ comment, and as such those are just horrible.

So tnx again for disagreeing and putting some words and explanation behind the disagreement. Ultimately we have no say over anything, and it’s good this idea exists here and that some pro’s and con’s are formulated about it. :slight_smile:

Search ideas first. you will see your idea has been proposed multiple times and all these arguments have been explained repeatedly. Expecting us to type them out every time when you don’t bother searching us just rude.

Perhaps you can suggest me some search terms, because ‘partial subscription’ or ‘micro subscription’ yield no results. I’d be interested to read those discussions, so if you can actually find them please do share… though i think you will find it as hard as i did to actually come up with the words others used to describe their idea, even though it’s in some sense the same (which i have no doubt there exist, hardly any idea is entirely new)

So no, it’s not rude, i tried, no results, so i posted… (btw. accusing somebody of something without having any means to back it up, THAT is rude)

Start with beta subscription. Also try generally searching terms such as subscription and alpha.

I like the whole miner snowballing effect thing yet there’s tons of other non industry things a mid tier sub could open like t2 frigs/destroyers,t2 battleship guns,leadership skills,t2 haulers and few more.essential more firepower and utility but no resource harvesting.

It would have the same effect overall. Assume that we split the 3 pieces into Combat, Industry, Mining. A person who can plex with combat right now would then be able to plex 3 accounts with combat. This would unleash for them even more isk faucets. 1 becomes 3. 3 earns to 9. 9 earns to 27. That’s accounts btw. Not pilots.

Combat is harder to multitask for most part even if it’s afk vni u can get a dread and it pops one decently often

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahhahaHAHAHAHAH!!!

Seriously…WTF…
I am a disabled Veteran, i have my medical pension and Social Security.
I am also a multiboxer…
I also live Comfortably…

Get A GOD DAMNED LIFE son and HTFU!!

2 Likes

Good for you!

Like reading books to grow smarter? Or learning plenty of new stuff on the internet that increases your abilities?

In their defense, when suggestions like this happen as often as goons blueball fights, it’s understandable when people merely give irritable replies.

It’s one of the conundrums of EVE. Yes, it is that easy, but ramping it up to scale is a bit more difficult (income stays mostly linear, but effort required is not), thus not many people will do more than a handful at most. Alphas do also create revenue. When they finally earn enough isk to plex their account, that plex was originally bought with cash. And beyond that, you need to understand that alphas have no time limit on their account. They can ■■■■ around in the game, find what makes isk for them. Once that happens, it wont take them long to accumulate enough isk to earn a subscription. After that, the amount of isk they can generate multiplies. Or, they can take advantage of alphas being able to use a wider range of skills after lapsing back to alpha and just subscribe every other month or something.

Not “will try,” it’s “will.” Also, I’m going to correct you on something- with Guild Wars (all of them, in fact), you do not have a subscription model, there _is no “f2p” involved. F2P means just that, free. IE equivalent to an alpha status account to EVE. For Guild Wars, you basically pay for the game, and you have it, done deal (short of game closures). For EVE? You pay for access, hence being called a subscription.

That’s a fallacy argument tbh. “If it’s already easy, who cares if it’s made easier?” is a very slippery slope you dont really want to get onto.

Yeah no tnx, i will pass, rather spend my time in game …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.