Mining and production in WH from the beginning

Not worth it. Moon mining in jspace is no different from hisec. Meaning it is a waste of time. On another hand there is nothing wrong with mining the anomalies. They do have some decent ores.

yes it has 1 major difference … no random dudes apper to mine your belt ! does not mean its way mor worth and yes, i would also aggree its a waste of tim! be he askes because he want to mine in WH .

yes, and it can happen that you dont see a belt for 2 weeks. and if you want to mine then you can use your moons

Oh, the “easy” way to increase the chance of having a belt: always pop the anoms in connected holes. I do it even when I am just daytripping - because I know that if I want higher chance of ore anom being there in the next hole that connects to my area then popping the anoms in the one connected to my area is the way to do it. It’s no guarantee - just a small increase in the chances of ore anom spawning in the hole that may connect to my area. [it is less likely that the same hole connects to your area twice in a row, but even if that happens they won’t despawn that fast]

sorry but thats not how spawn mechanic works. as i remember correctly then you need to pop the anomalies in a system within the same J-Space Constellation. and yes ! J-Space has Constellations and Regions.

on the other hand, its take a lot of time to clear one full mining anomalie ! if you have a mining fleet with 50 ppl in it then yes, its a okish speed but if you do it alone with 4-5 mining ships its almost impossible without getting interruptet at some pont.

1 Like

I know how it works. The same way as for anything else - based on per constellation spawn limit. But it is still what you should do. If you have no anomaly in your hole then try connected holes. Same rule as with anything else. On another hand is there some rule that says you can’t daytrip mining barges and porp to another hole for mining?

Indeed. They have quite a lot of ore inside. In fact for daytripping b-type crystals are fully justified (as you won’t finish the anomaly before the hole closes and preventing waste in that case is a waste of time - better to maximize output).

no its not the thing you should do as miner. you never know whats inside the other WH or whats the conections inside it ! at first you need to scout and then you need to close the conections if you want to have some actions in your neighborehood. yes you can but your security are dropping very hard if you visit other wh´s with your mining fleet !
not only you need to have closed the neighbores conection ! you also should close your home conections because if someones jump into from your back you cant even run away !
and as you closed all conections you still ned for every WH you have ( best case only 2, your home and the neighbore WH ) at minimum 1 scout wich can scan as fast as possible.

i know you can argue that the same stuff happens with Ratting Anomaly but the difference between ratting and mining is, in WH you should have almost a prop mod installed on your ships to have more chances to run. Mining ships are not the ships known as often used with prop mods or even the fastest.
you also have mostly a spare high slot for PvE ships that you could use a cloak to sit there and wait until the danger is leaving !

now you can also argue that barges and exhumer are able for gas huffing ! yes they are … but there is the same problem ! yes you have to be scanned down first so it makes it easier to escape before the tackle lands on you. safest gas huffing ship is prospect because fast, agil and covert cloak ! things you never can get with barges or exhumers.

no its not, its just not the smartest way to earn isk in another hole

I can argue about barges, yes. I can argue about porp, yes [and if you run compression then only one cycle every X minutes; once every 6 full cycles (6 * 144s) in case of retrievers sounds about right].

You won’t find me arguing over exhumers or orcas. Those are far too expensive to use outside of your home hole - and even then only after fully securing it.

Mind you, I dive into holes with a multiboxed barge fleet quiet frequently. I very rarely bother securing them. I have arrived at a certain fitting that makes it work, and rarely do I lose any ship - so far lost only 2 barges, after many hours of mining / huffing in jspace. And it was due to my own errors. Yes, many errors were made by me on that day, and only all the errors combined did cause a loss.

its a diifference if you can warp to your HS conection and easy jump out and being safe or warp to your home WH conection and get stuck because they sit on the other side with bubbles and you die …

daytripping out of HS is always way easier because you have the HS conection.

HS static WHs.

You’ll thank me later.

you can mine and manufacture in the wormhole system of thera. it’s the only wormhole system with NPC stations. everyone can dock there so you can sell your items from the same station.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.