Mining Attacks

Care to put a figure on that, Felix?

I’m really interested in the difference between ‘less’ and ‘none’. Any attempt to reduce the incidence of ganking - in order to be effective - must at the same time both discourage and encourage gankers. A thorny problem, no?

Well NPC mining agents offer mission critical objectives and I feel that they should not include any possible outcomes if the pilot running said mission should be ganked!

What? If you can’t complete the mission, you simply fail it and try another one. EVE shouldn’t spoon-feed success, why can’t people live with the idea that not every attempt is a guaranteed win? Declining an NPC mission isn’t the end of the world. You know, it’s a video game, you can start over and over and over again and try better.

1 Like

It is, for the people-pleasers among us. Those of us composed of sterner stuff decline at will.

I agree, in a video game - even one as potentially unforgiving as EVE - starting over, replacing and repairing - are always possible.

Are you offering to pay for their mining permits?

It’s hard enough to be running a mining mission right before downtown. Then when the miner logs back in to find out that they need to mine the chunk all over again.

We are left wondering how did this extra fancy stuff end up in my hanger after I just finished the mission.

Polygupsum

He realizes someone scooped up his mining drones.

:smiling_imp: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :popcorn:

Did you take them? Yesterday I actually thought they got blown up mining too close to that Polygupsum ore as it explodes while laser mining.

I had warped back and then had to go buy 5 more just minutes later.

:smirk: :blush: :innocent:

rebuy

Pls stop stalking miners, it’s kind of creepy that you know this stuff.

:wink:

2 Likes

You know what would be creepy? Drones becoming sentinent then ganking, looting and podding the miner for making them smash rocks all day like prisoners sentenced to hard labor.

3 Likes

Maybe CCP should spice up mining a bit by introducing drone NPCs that are transformed mining drones and would lurk inside asteroids…

…people often suggest a mining minigame, this could be part of that too, if the miner is afk or even if not but fails the mini game then it triggers (or has a chance to trigger) a diamond rat spawn on top of them.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

1 Like