Mining drones should not be so passive

I think removing aggressive mode from combat drones wouldn’t solve problems, but create them, as most people who use drones for afk ratting now wouldn’t start to actively rat but would instead turn to bots.

Mining drones and combat drones are completely different.
Why would you want mining drones to automatically mine without interaction? So you can leave them running in the background while you do other things ?

This logic makes no sense because removing aggressive behavior option from player combat drones does not introduce new behavior - the ability to set drones to passive already exists, and if for some reason passive drones are “easier to bot”, then botters would already be using passive drones over aggressive drones anyway.

I don’t think you understood me - I don’t claim that passive drones are “easier to bot”. I claim that being able to set drones to aggressive and afk rat is what prevents certain types of players from using a bot.

Wait?

What?? Dude do you even play?

1 Like

Why don’t people just assign 1 drone to one rock?
You can 5 drones mining for much longer.

This is not a real thing.

1 Like

You suggest that there is a disconnect between combat drones and mining drones.

I’d like to highlight how you’re mistaken.

When combat drones are set to Aggressive, they will engage the nearest target that is aggressing you. If you want combat drones to attack something that is not attacking you first, you have to target lock that something and order the combat drones to attack.

Asteroids cannot ever aggress you, ergo mining drones set to Aggressive will not ever automatically mine asteroids.

QED.

3 Likes

salvage drones when told to salvage keep salvaging everything in range, just saying.

We should make that passive, too.

Something else to turn off.

1 Like

Now I’m going to have to actually see if I can get my salvage drones to do this - in the last five months, they have never automatically moved on to another wreck - either they return or go idle.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t ever recall them moving from wreck to wreck, but for sure that can and should be disabled if they do. All drones should be passive :grin:.

1 Like

you do it by pressing f without having any wreck locked, I do it when mining and npc rats spawn on me, recall mining drones, deploy combat ones wreck them and once every odd wave I send salvage drones to clear up the debris.

Mmm, interesting. Thank you for the explanation.

As a miner, no thank you. I like my drones the way they are.

to be fair, when I have read the topic of the thread on the list of threads I was thinking it’s a suggestion of hot to make mining drones more active gameplay as in instead of current fire and forget until rock die, making it into more interactive gameplay all together. Which sounded nice.

And then I have read the OP and realized OP wants to make it even more passive xD (fire once and not even care if roids die)…

as for salvage drones I suppose it makes sense for them to be like they are atm basically because A) they are crap for salvaging in the first place (salvagers can upgrade way beyond drones can ever hope for), B) they seem mostly aimed, and feature is most (imo) handy for, mission runners to do combat salvaging - as in salvage your own wrecks while you are still killing stuff. Having to actually lock those wrecks and press F on them would make it way more hassle than it could ever be worth.

Reason #5646903874039865409387640398647309 to nerf Orca mining.

The idea, lol, no.

1 Like

That makes sense to me, it’s a good idea to have intelligent mining drones in the game but don’t hold your breath, it’ll probably never happen.

Said while unironically asking for less interaction with the game.