Mining Immersion improvements (Cosmetic)

So before i go into this at all this is purely a cosmetic thing I’m proposing nothing to do with mechanics or additional features at all just something i felt would be a nice addition when the art teams got some spare time on there hands.

now that that’s out of the way lets dive in.

So as we all know as we are int he belt mining we just turn the miners on and mine until the asteroid suddenly splinks out of existence, just like that.
what id like to propose is having asteroids and Icicle’s gradually break apart as the yield inside the asteroids and icicles gradually goes bellow certain yield milestones until eventual the rest of the rock just completely breaks apart completely and just leaves an appropriately sized dust/ice cloud behind rather than just simply disappearing out of existence.

i know it doesn’t really do anything from a game play mechanic perspective but i feel this would add just a tad bit more satisfaction to mining watching the asteroids get decimated by your mining fleet as time goes by.

1 Like

While something like this might be pretty cool (visual indicators of remaining ore in a rock) I feel like it’s likely to be a bit too much work for the payoff, at least given all the graphical stuff CCP has on their plate right now.

Also rocks turning into dust clouds has some potential for performance issues, which is also a concern.

Overall nice idea though.

well the idea is that it would of course eventually over a very short time disperse and disappear it was pretty much just something to get rid of the instantly disheartening rocks from something about 15km in diameter to nothing in a second XD but yea i get the potential performance issues there i guess

None of these are deal breakers, just something to keep in mind. If I were CCP I’d probably do it as a sort of fade into the generally rock clutter of the belt.