Missioning tempest fit?

I recently acquired a tempest, and am wondering if anyone has a fit capable of lv. 4 missions.

pretty much same as the machariel fits, just ends up with less range since no falloff bonus.

I have never fit a battleship for anything, do you have an actual fit?

Here is an 800mm fit, I have sacrificed around 80dps of an optimal tank to get you an extra 180 dps or so out of the rapid heavy launchers. You could replace these for rapid lights if your drone skills are lacking and you are concerned about scramming frigates.

My recommendation is you keep the afterburner going and orbit at 30km. You will be faster than most NPC’s unless webbed so if they are grouped around a structure set to orbit that and they will just spin around trying to approach you. The control circuits are to recharge your tank, which should be used in a burst manner. Always use NPC specific hardeners until you are in a pirate BS or marauder.

At all 5 skills you get 965 DPS (without drones) and a 401 DPS tank against Angel Cartel with 408 m/s kiting speed.

[Tempest, Tempest PvE - Level 4 Missions]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-Processor II

X-Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Enduring Explosive Shield Hardener
Enduring Kinetic Shield Hardener
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Barrage L
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Heavy Missile
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Heavy Missile

Large Projectile Burst Aerator I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5

can you compare the fit with various ammo ?
you copy the fit, use the ammo in the name, and change ammo in the new fit. you drag the new fit in the graph.

In my original post I had selected around 30km out of habit as I knew it was roughly around that point you switch to Hail.

1 Like

thank you.

This is just my opinion : at this range it may be better to use a grappler and go armor fit ? Or go artillery ?

I don’t like the tempest because it lacks range, tank, tracking bonus. IMO with the maelstrom it’s one of the worse fits to use in PVE (meanwhile phoon is OP level among T1 ships)

I had tested something like

armor AC MWD
[Tempest, PVE trash MWD]
Large Armor Repairer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II

500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
Stasis Webifier II

800mm Repeating Cannon II

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Large Ancillary Current Router I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Republic Fleet Fusion L x720
Navy Cap Booster 800 x5

and the results were … meh.

you can add two RLML by replacing the MWD with a compact AB. then you don’t need grappler web and can go double LCB, TC and replace the ancil with another CCC.

armor AC AB
[Tempest, PVE trash AB]
Large Armor Repairer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
F-12 Enduring Tracking Computer

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Ogre II x3

Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x80
Republic Fleet Fusion L x2160
Optimal Range Script x2

This fit has lower peak tank, higher projection, but may struggle more vs small targets. And is slower to move ZZzz

Imgur

I don’t like the tempest because it lacks projection, tracking, tanking bonus. IMO mael and tempest are the worst T1 combat hull for PVE. While phoon is IMO the best one ATM.

1 Like

I agree with you, I just find the shield tempest is just about the only way to make it work and you have to pump the raw DPS up as much as possible because you have no utility as there is no space to fit target painters, webs, etc, and even then you depend on being moderately mobile and having an afterburner always running.

Unfortunately I think the tempest depends on its two missile launchers in order to get a decent amount of DPS out of it. It simply doesnt have the low slots to run an armour tank and get decent DPS out of its guns.

Because of its lack of projection I dislike using an MJD unless you’re arty fit but the ship really struggles to perform well in that without being a glass cannon.

I would rather use a tempest over the maelstrom as you can squeeze better damage out of it, and you’re slightly faster with an AB. Just have to fly it like a slightly slow battlecruiser.

You’re absolutely correct that the typhoon is king though, in fact I was tempted to just tell OP to sell the tempest and get a typhoon instead and prep toward a typhoon fleet issue. Its a shame that the tempest can’t loose those two missile/utility slots and have an extra low and mid.

1 Like

The Tempest is a hard sell for mission running as how ever you fit her she is all way the 3rd best choice.

Long range Arty Maelstorm is just a better choice.
Close range Mach is just a better choice.

I would recommend selling the Tempest and buying a Maelstorm or Mach you can make it work but its never going to be quite as good as the other two.

The Typhoon is a good choice if you have the missile and drone skills to get the most out of it.

[Tempest, *Simulated Tempest Fitting]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

100MN Afterburner II
X-Large Shield Booster II
Thermal Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Heavy Stasis Grappler II

Dual 650mm Repeating Cannon II
Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Inferno Light Missile x38
Hail L x960

I get just over 1400 dps but i have real good skills and a some implants but its good enough but you need to be careful as you lack cap and i am fairly sure you could likely get a Maelstorm to match it with a slight loss in speed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.