Typhoon Level 4 Fit

Ive had a good trawl through the posts an have seen some folk stating that the Typhoon is a great mission fit. Does anyone have fits they would share for missiles and shields. Ive been out of the game for a couple of years and recently lost my bling fit Gila. Is it worth looking in to a Typhoon or should I just stick with teh Gila. I have most drone skills at 5 and shield and core skills at 5.

I was going to ping Archer and mention his fits, but he is already replying.

@Mkikaden_Tiragen :stuck_out_tongue:

Co-Head of the United Standings Improvement Agency [USIA] here. We hire mission runners to service our clients, so we’re pretty knowledgeable when it comes to blizing low-level PVE (specifically L4 missions). The Typhoon is one of our preferred ships. Not at the top of the list, but definitely high up in there. (Our recommended ship is the Typhoon Fleet Issue, which is fitted somewhat differently.) At the time of writing, here is the baseline fit we use:

[Typhoon, Budget Blitz L4 (Active)]

Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Signal Amplifier II
Co-Processor II

500MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Sensor Booster I, Targeting Range Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I

Republic Fleet Valkyrie x3
Republic Fleet Valkyrie x5
Republic Fleet Warrior x4
Republic Fleet Warrior x5

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile x2866
Caldari Navy Nova Cruise Missile x2866
Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x2866
Mobile Tractor Unit x1
Caldari Navy Hornet x9
Caldari Navy Vespa x8
Imperial Navy Acolyte x9
Imperial Navy Infiltrator x8

It’s a speed/range tank, so as long as you know the principles of speed tanking (traversals, spiraling, etc) and how to fly manually (Q-clicks, free flight, etc), then you will never break shields. The only enemies in which it will need to hull tank against will be Guristas due to their insane range; however, if you prioritize the targets properly, you will not need to dock up for repairs or change fit to complete those missions (but you will need to repair afterward).

Our Typhoon Fleet Issue fit has far superior throughput - probably 3x or so. We affectionately call it “The Lawnmower”. If you ever want to graduate to that, it will be well worth it. You can check out that fit and all our other fits (and any updates we make to them in the future) on the USIA Fittings page of our website.

(Note: All our fits assume L5 skills and no implants, but can be downgraded and/or supplemented with implants to compensate for lower skill levels)

2 Likes

I ran a few missions once - drones were pointless - the rats just ate them. How do you make them worthwhile, Mr. Co-head?

Field drones smallest-to-largest and have them dispatch rats in that order so that at any given time the rats struggle to defang the current-size drones fielded. The missiles themselves might attack rats from largest-to-smallest though; that’s somewhat discretionary (esp. on the TFI, which kills things at a stupid high rate).

The TFI can just dive on top of BSes, deploy Heavies melee range, kill them in a few seconds, and THEN kill the rest smallest-to-largest.

The basic Typhoon would be much better the slightly larger dronebay NO way makes up for the worse ship bonus.

1 Like

Is a Halo implant set worth it? -20.7% sig radius for the high grade set.

False. Our TFI fit has at least 3x the throughput using RHMLs (which have better precision than cruise, hence does not “need” the precision bonus applied to cruise on the Typhoon keeping in mind that the Typhoon precision bonus doesn’t apply to Heavies). Our TFI fit further enhances precision with MGCs and MGEs. On top of that, it boosts both missile and drone damage. Both fits were thoroughly damage modeled using custom target profiles (sigs/speeds/ranges) in pyfa and both have been extensively field tested via literally over thousands of manhours in actual missions and the TFI has far superior throughput by at least 3x.

Kindly refer to the TFI fit on our website and try it yourself before making such an assessment.

3 Likes

It will not benefit you in low level PVE such as non-burner L4 missions. (It could in burners, however.)

1 Like

The fit you posted had cruise missiles so the reply makes no sense at all.

He posted a regular typhoon fit and directed you to his website for the fleet issue fit.

It made perfect sense. You needed to read it.

4 Likes

How do your projections pit a RHML Typhoon vs Armageddon?

Before I try this fit (I have never tried speed-tanking in a BS, but I’ve done level 4s in a AB Assault ship long ago), are there any missions I ought to be especially wary of? Obviously, the ones with scram/web frigates, and the ones that aggro drones can present some issues.

The TFI is capable of doing every single (non-burner) mission without problem or heart attack - provided you know how to speed tank and prioritize your targets properly. There’s a work-in-progress Speed Tanking guide on my under-reconstruction website you can look it. It’s fairly comprehensive and near completion. At the bottom are instructions on how to perform manual flight, as you will need to in order to survive (Q-clicking is a gift from the Eggplant Goddess herself). Pretty much everyone in USIA who has read the guide was able to fly the TFI afterward without problem.

3 Likes

This sound like something an insurance company would include to make sure they never had to pay out on a policy.

Tell that to Aiko

Gankers don’t have heart attacks from space combat - not even when they lose their ships.

CODE has bankrupted Pend Insurance

EVE insurance never made sense to me. Say your car’s value is $30,000. Would you pay your car insurance company $900 per month, only to receive $7,500 in case it was totaled? Of course you wouldn’t.

1 Like