Molea Cyno & requirements

Hello, I am supposed to go on a funeral in Molea tomorrow. If you don’t know what that means: Tribute to the Fallen | EVE Online

One thing that came up, is that Cyno’s don’t work in Highsec (for good reason). But in light of the special location, I would propose something to change it in respect to Molea.

First, I want to make clear that I want the visual compononent and not actual Cynos to work Molea.

Since there are probably a lot of coding/mechanic restrictions, let me throw a few different ideas around:

• Make it possible to activate Cynos in Molea (or if it is not too difficult only on grid with the cementery). With the explicit restriction - that they don’t work like ‘real’ cynos - no ships can jump to it.

• Make it possible to use Cynos in Molea without fuel or SP requirements.

• My favorite: Give everyone on grid with Molea a button to click that activates a ‘cyno animation’ or get some sort of item in Molea to activate this.

I know this is probably very low on the communitys priority list. But I think it would be very inclusive for everyone taking part in any kind of memorial.

6 Likes

CCpleeease! This would be an amazing gesture and give the playerbase a poinant way to send off our fellow capsuleers on their final journey.

After all, the traditional poem goes:

Eyes forward, capsuleer, the cyno is not yet lit.
Consider your modules, your rigs and ammo before you undock, for the cyno is not yet lit.
Break free of the station and witness the universe before you, for the cyno is not yet lit.
Set your ship to fly through the vastness while you wait, for the cyno is not yet lit.
Pay attention, capsuleer, for those who have gone before you call for you to join them.
The cyno is now lit.

6 Likes

You also have thr option of using fireworks

We can use fireworks but it isn’t the same as lighting cynos. I mean, y’all better do both when I die!!

3 Likes

+1 from me! Always liked the idea of a cyno vigil and the cemetry and never understood how they dont go together while they so clearly BELONG together <3

3 Likes

In a similar note, it would be nice if we could get a procession warp in addition to sphere plane wall etc. all the ships warp in a line with set spacing.

Ccp is aware we want some sort of memorial beacon. They have even brought up adding one several times.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.