Monthly Economic Report - April 2020

:red_circle:

Which means that market activity is down a lot or, as you suggest, stuff moved to structures. Either way, less ISK is leaving the economy despite ridiculously increased financial burdens. There is nothing wrong with my reading of the graph.

Not every month had ridiculously increased taxes, which means this fluctuation is not normal and indicates an unhealthy development. And in case of the taxes it indeed means ā€œthe higher the betterā€. The more ISK leaves the economy through the taxes, the better.

We just donā€™t have enough data to judge. In 2-3 months we would be able to make first careful appraisals of the result of the change.

Laffer curve in action

a group thatā€™s 1/3rd the size of goons is able to match nullsec bountiesā€¦
must be some solidly dedicated players in oasa who REALLY dislike npc rats a lot

2 Likes

Not one word from the Economic Council about the data. CCPls talk to us.

This is just the behaviour of our CMS unfortunately. Short of going through to each one, editing the source and adding a target=_blank HTML tag I donā€™t see an easy way of doing it. CTRL+clicking on the image should work, or the good, old fashioned right click -> open in new window.

How about poking team responsible for web to ā€œmodernizeā€ templates?

Weā€™re still figuring out if we can incorporate that into the MER workflow since providing analysis as well as raw data will significantly expand the scope of this task for our economic council. Please note that agreeing with the statement isnā€™t the same as committing to it.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback that this is still under consideration; my linked March comment was more understanding of the work involved. Iā€™d suggest picking just one or two areas for a few comments.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ I would hope youā€™d do an analysis for your own benefit as well though, maybe not every month but at least some as surely it gives good data on at least some aspects of the state of the game.

That said I appreciate reading these MERs even without analysis :+1:

3 Likes

CCP definitely uses and discusses the data internally, in order to balance game changes. When game designers make a change to broker fees or blueprint material requirements, they have to have a basis for the number they choose. They just havenā€™t taken - or been permitted to take the time to write any after-action reports for public viewing.

3 Likes

I felt very free when I stopped worrying about the world economy ā€¦ so I am not worried about the flow of the isk, but to be honest, some images were interesting to me ā€¦ seeing some graph is understood because CCP wants to diversify the space ā€¦ .for such a large space there are few flea markets

1 Like

I donā€™t have anything to add, except thisā€¦
:red_circle:

This is a result of the ridiculous modification tax and players being forced into liquid markets to trade or sell goods. The outer regions of high sec have really slowed down in market activity, which ever more solidifies Jita, TTT and Amarr as the only viable trade hubs.

As an example of how ridiculous this tax is regarding trade. Right now due to the pandemic, sales have slowed at one of my stores as well as my two competitors down the street. A small price war has developed on certain products between the three stores. Each day we each lower our prices at least once per day, twice or more on rare occasions during weekends. Amazingly enough, none of us pay a government tax to lower our prices! We just make a new sign with the new price.

CCP can change the market anyway they want, itā€™s their game, but itā€™s a load of crap to say it is designed to simulate real life markets.

I read a news headline late last week that said - Company XYZ lost 162% of their profit YOY. Anyone want to explain that and help me out? It sounds a lot like CCP economics.

Another educated guess gone right while the age of chaos continues. We packed out our stuff till the dust settles. WHā€™s should be dangerous like the old days now!

The issue is the money that comes from it is in blue loot, and even though Iā€™m sure they could find a way to track it i think its to much of a hassle as you could sit on blue loot for a month then sell it which would throw numbers off, and you cant really count it until its turned in to NPCs since it may get blown up.

Blue loot sales are tracked. And are in the MER. They are just a mixed category also including red loot and a few other things.

Maybe itā€™s first time in EVE history when Domain is 2nd in ā€œTotal Mining Value by Regionā€ diagram.

Alright CCP Convict. hereā€™s what we do with these reports. since its 1 region doing the most isk. put a localized field over them so they cant and let the rest of us NOT in goonswarm go back to mining. cause we dont have ā– ā– ā– ā– . and they dont care :3

1 Like

I know that, Iā€™m just saying they arenā€™t able to track which blue loot came from what region of WH space.