Monthly Economic Report - August 2019

Yes. What’s confusing about it?

Nothing. We just need to find better ways to lose more customers then.

8 Likes

fewer people = fewer pretty much everything.
Less money to CCP to run the game.
Less money to Dev’s to make the game better.
Less people making things for sale.
Less people to kill,
less people buying things.
Blackout has helped hide all the systems that are empty.

Less is not good in this case. Quality over quantity works in many places but running an online game is not one of them. Critical mass is important. At some point other people do see the PCU and feel it is too dead. What is that number?

4 Likes

My update for August (corrections welcome):

And summary:

1 Like

:rofl: That bounties slope.

1 Like

That’s a good thing, not a bad thing.

That is a good thing as well.

I thought that was since years beginning. But they seem to be back in HS with a vengeance so CCP needs to go clear out HS now.

EVE did fine for many years with a PCU around what we see now. In fact, many people will claim that these were the golden years of EVE.

EVE hit a peak around 2010-2013, but then a certain few devs made a certain few changes and things started to decline from there. I will not name names or the changes as we are all well aware and it doesn’t matter.

EVE has been sick for a long time. EVE has had cancer. Cancer cells are garbage and crowd out normal “real” cells. Sometimes the treatment for cancer involves radiation and powerful poisons that not only reduce cancer cells, but also make the patient appear to be even more sick.

We’ve had 30,000 cancer cells directly deleted from the host body of EVE Online, and still the tumors continue to bleed. This is a good thing. We’ll lose some healthy cells in the meantime but the great things about those cells is that they can always come back or regenerate and new cells can be proliferated.

A balanced economy = a strong game.

Balanced structures and ships = a strong game.

Balanced creation and destruction = a strong game.

More risk and less intel = a strong game.

EVE will come out better for this.

4 Likes

Not sure where considering almost every hi-sec region is down.

2 Likes

No no you see the bots went to HiSec where they station spin isntead of mining/ratting. /s

Have fun in your better EVE then.

5 Likes

I will.

I am looking forward to EVE returning to it’s roots, becoming a more difficult, more dangerous, and darker game.

2 Likes

Current PCU is at 2007 levels (and going down)

5 Likes

And people still talk about the events of those years.

1 Like

And look how high it went before Null sec greed destroyed it all. Polluting the Devs and CSM and threatening to quit at any hint of balance.

Fixing null is very long over due.

4 Likes

non sequitur

Or to be less twatish :slight_smile: 2007 events are just history, and irrelevant to health of game

1 Like

Sept and Oct are the really key indicators, Aug is a holiday month.

The only people who derive anything from summer numbers are Chicken Little and his whacko followers.

1 Like

Then we’ll say, but the cyno changes mean we have to wait until xmas, but thats a holiday, so lets wait until February, but but but… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not at all.

You’re saying PCU is down to 2007 levels (and falling). I’m suggesting that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and provided supporting evidence for my claim.

Every summer, same thing, the sky is falling, boo hoo hoo….

2 Likes