Monthly Economic Report - August 2019

Excuse the question but: What kind of fun do you have? You are inactive in EVE when it comes to PVP, your corp is PVP inactive. You keep talking about this fun that it makes someone think you’d be drowining out the stars with the blood of capsuleers. Yet, all you do is hide in a wormhole. What is that fun that you are having?

6 Likes

People who say “EVE is dying” do have one advantage - time is on their side. On a long enough perspective, EVE is dying.

1 Like

True, but PCU is declining more rapidly over last year or two - but CCP income is $50m, so not exactly dead yet :slight_smile:

Although still investing in other games that will die horribly…

1 Like

CCP needs to realize that EVE Online is their company.

1 Like

That is not supporting evidence though, just a game’s history - utterly irrelevant to game health - and I would argue (in part due to CCPs own actions) much of the lore and history (cultural inclusion) in the game is lost and/or forgotten - and relies on older players…

It is supporting evidence. It shows that a low PCU isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There was still plenty of content back in those days.

So unless you’re not trying to insinuate that a falling/low PCU is a bad thing… which I think you are. It is in fact a counterpoint.

Well, they have made eve echoes - slightly less fiddly eve for mobiles, but still complicated (non-user friendly) enough to never be a mobile success (or even a minor one)

And now they are advertising to recruit for yet another game project!

1 Like

OK, all in the nuance, which I misinterpreted - you are correct in that low PCU wasn’t a bad thing back then - I am not sure that is true in the current reality though - that said, PA have invested in CCP so lets wait and see

And I would go slightly further and state that there was ‘more’ content back then…

Agreed. I’m hopeful for the future and not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

If it is all so terrible, why don’t you go away?

On that we can agree for sure - although occasionally (more frequently) get the jitters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoosh… :dash::dash::dash:

Falling/low PCU isn’t a bad thing on its own. If the lower PCU are linked to less omega accounts then it is a bad thing also we would need to take into account plex sales

so the real question is how many omega accounts has ccp got how many plex are people buying to sell/use in game.

remember as well cost in 2007 where lower for CCP.

1 Like

On September 2, the Nosy Gamer took a hard look at publicly available August dotlan PvE and PvP activity numbers, broken out across security bands. The winner seemed to be: highsec, for an increase in PvE / NPC activity, as well as PvP. He deserves some clicks and likes for this work :slight_smile:

On Aug 23 he wrote “… we won’t know the real world financial cost to the Icelandic studio of the moves until the next Pearl Abyss investors call which should take place sometime in November.”

Had some fun crunching numbers and making guesses in another thread:

Although on reflection, I’d increase the 180,000 number to 200,000 or so

The great ISK deflation is upon us.

1 Like

Can’t wait for my 100b to actually be worth something again.

resession

3 Likes

Thankfully the Ostrich milk production was not affected by Blackout. That’s the most important stat.

1 Like

Difference between 2007 and now - 2007 didn’t have Super capital spam, Structures that take a week to kill, even if undefended, Sov that is the same everywhere so no need to fight for once you have it, It didn’t have 3 or 4 major groups dominating the landscape of Sov. Oh and the biggest difference - those who worked at CCP had a clue.

2 Likes