Monthly Economic Report - November 2020

Just ban Incursions from highsec, problem solved.

Already sort of done, Pochven broke a lot of travel, so navigating hisec for incursions is now a PITA.

Pochvenā€™s numbers are only scewed because of Niarja being camped like crazy momentā€™s before its formation. Poch is great as is because the majority of players are too scared to even step foot in it, making it a bit exclusive for people with balls.

I do not really care for the region, or its numbers, it was more to illustrate how a very niche part of the game must have consumed non trivial dev time in order for that area to exist. Thereā€™s a lot of stuff broken in eve that is not going to be made one bit better by creating a new system of wardrobes in space to a new land of sugar plum spaceships that have some very familiar details for anyone who read a certain Arthur C Clarke series.

Well, okay, Niarja being remove from the Stargate network was a blessing, its made the Amarr market relevant again and finally people have stopped talking about everything being traded at ā€˜Jita Priceā€™.

1 Like

Carrier ratting with one account is like 90+ million an hour, even if people spread out to 1 per system, what are they supposed to do the other 19 hours of a day?

Already been done, the number of active incursions was halved before blackout, I think just before triglavian invasions actually, no doubt to drive people to that content.

Then youā€™ll just complain about the insane payout that Null incursions get, which bypass the ESS and DBS anyway.

Really looking forward to next monthā€™s MER, bounty payouts are looking like a Blackout 2.0 disaster.

1 Like

donā€™t need a carrier. a RS worth 1,5B does 110 m/h.
2 of those in one system and after 2 hours the systems is depleted. not sure how this should encourage teamplay.

3 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  CCP will undo stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  for the ratters but wont give a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  inch to the miners? CCP needs to move Noxcium and Isogen back to .5 space and stop picking on the honest miners. We arenā€™t all ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  bots and afkers CCP, stop punishing the honest miners because your to dumb to stop the bot cheaters.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think so shallowly, Poch is a place where CCP is constantly testing and tweaking NPC AI every week or so they seem to act a little different, which will for sure bleed into the rest of eve.

It is also the only place in eve where npcā€™s fight with each other instead of only with players which is quite significant in terms of future eve progression.

1 Like

Oh great, doubling down on NPCā€™s that steal all the ore, to NPCā€™s that steal all the ratting.

Funny, which is exactly what the response was to dealing with wars for years until CCP looked at the numbers.

Funny you say that, some guy in a nightmare left their saftey on red and got Concorded in the incursion fleet.

Oh CCP Greyscale. There was a beta player in my corp who said every time that guy opens his mouth another part of the Eve dies.

Yep, bang on with those points. Fozzisov was a second attempt at the same thing and it was as big of a fail as well.

No idea. Thought low security space is where all the miners go?

The bus to hell isnā€™t any more pleasant the slower it goes.

Damn, thatā€™s good income in a subcap. Did this go up with the buff to torpedoes?

Miners dig their own grave when they sell ores for less than 60 million ISK/h.

All miners are dishonest when their PLEX gets due at the end of the month and they start 1 ISKing their product down to 0.

This is a great question, ISK value of ore mined is meaningless as the cost fluctuates, it would be much more useful to see M^3 mined every month.

CM

Using torps is to much of a fitting hassle and you need a bit more then 1,5B for ship and fit and very good skills to make it work. I think you will need a implant set to make it work really good. (preferable crystal)
In my opinion for torps better use a golem
CM is easier to fit, easier to skill and do not need any implants, but could also profit from implants in terms of more income. with faction damage mods or better you could do a 120m/h on a RS, maybe there more with a crystsal set orā€¦but this would mean investing a lot of isk. I payed for my CM-RS 1,5B half a year ago. Prices are not the same today
still, 110m/h is also the value for allV. thats less SP as for a carrier (I think 100+m/h with a carrier will need also allV), but still a lot SP.

in the end this is a dedicated and optimized PvE-ship. Easy target for any pvp-fit, but hey risk/reward, ya know?

1 Like

You say that, but after the wardec nerf the economy was broken, structure proliferation was a problem, npcā€™s had to be made to do players jobs,

And player logins went down.

Cost fluctuates with production and destruction too.

Using isk value makes production vs destruction comparable. Where as comparing volume ore vs volume of production is meaningless.

Are you postulating that the war declaration change are responsible ?

The m^3 is of interest as a separate graph, in the same way NPC bounties are use to see ( at least before DBS ) what level an activity takes place at. Without total m^3 mined tracking, measuring based on ISK value does not differentiate between twice the volume mined for half the value, or twice the value for half the volume.

I want to know how much raw mining power migrated from Null to High, if it is staying the same, or if its dropping like a rock in the same way NPC bounties are.

Get over it. PvEers never shouldā€™ve been allowed to operate in Null so freely. Null should be a PvPer controlled zone with PvPers doing small amounts of PvE to fund there PvP. Null SHOULD NOT BE a bunch of PvEers in a big blue donut nearly 100% safe PvEing with impunity.

You were lucky you got to be a carebear in Null in the first place, it should be no surprise that it couldnā€™t last.

I have no doubt they will have been a contributing factor.

1 Like

Other stuff?

EVE doesnā€™t have ratting as itā€™s only content, you know?

If you enjoy PvE, try out doing some Abyssal Filaments, as they are pretty good challenges imo.

If you enjoy PvP, go roaming around in low/null in something inexpensive, and as long as you spent less than the 500m you farmed on that day, you win, donā€™t you?

Thereā€™s exploration even more available with filamening now, and incursions promoting actual PvE group content, with good rewards to boot.

Pochven still seems to be an ā€œunder maintenanceā€ zone, so I canā€™t really tell you to go check it out as well, but Iā€™ve gone there, and it feels like an interesting place to play around if you got the standings to freely jump between systems without needing more filaments.

I donā€™t sell ore, I build with it.

I pay cash for all 6 of my accounts and I have never used a plex to pay for playing time. Skill injectors and plex are why the economy is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up. CCP wants to blames the inflation on bots and afkers but the real truth is, plex and skill injectors was the outside influence that destroyed the player driven economy. Anyting the players do in a closed system is fine, its once you have an outside force manipulating things is when the economy went to ā– ā– ā– ā– . CCP is punishing honest folks that donā€™t cheat. The ore changes was because of the market manipulation from the bot cheaters. The drone changes was becasue of the bots cheaters and afkers. The ratting changes was because of the bot cheaters and afkers. CCP cant stop the bot cheaters so they punish everyone.

1 Like

huh? Canā€™t build anything above T1 subcaps without massive industrial and deeply interactive and intertwinned PVE character/player base that far outnumbers PVP toons in the game. This is precisely why eve despite it not making the headlines has always been mostly PVEā€“NS included.

These numbers have to be put in perspective with the current war going on. Multiple regions are currently laid under siege which makes ratting safely hard.

you should get a ship and investigate. report back your findings.