More Alpha Mining Ships

It makes no sense for an armour tanked miner unless we massively increase the slots each miner gets, because otherwise you get no tank since it all goes to mining upgrades. Which then also increases it for the shield miners.

This pretty much covers the entire argument. Very few new miners are fitting for tank anyway - they are looking for max ISK for their mining and fit for optimal yield. Adding more lows for ā€˜new players starting in an armor-leaning raceā€™ wonā€™t produce a bunch of armor-tanked fits - it will produce higher mining-yield fits that still use shield modules, if any tank at all.

EDIT: forum keeps eating my quotes when I post via mobile. RUDE.

I meant by expanding in ships and tech

I was typing up a reply to your comment and to @Mkikaden_Tiragen, and I looked up the fitting stats for a few of the relevant items. In my head, there was a much greater discrepancy in fitting stats between an MSE and a 400mm plate, to the point where you could make a 3/2/2 armor Venture work by dropping the CPU and increasing the grid without leaving it enough room to fit two MLUs.

Well, turns out I was wrong. I guess Iā€™m just much more accustomed to fitting larger ships where the difference between shield extenders and armor plates is more significant.

MSE II: 30 grid, 35 CPU, +1,000 shield HP
400mm plate II: 35 grid, 23 CPU, +1,200 armor HP

Ouch. That difference is small enough that you could easily abuse an armor Venture for more yield.

So, yeah, Iā€™m giving myself a -1ā€¦

If it changes things at all, donā€™t forget how shield upgrades skill reduces grid cost of shield extenders.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.