ALPHA Miners Need More Than ONE SHIP!

ALPHA miners only have one bonused ship - the VENTURE.

I propose that CCP make/create a new ship between the VENTURE and the BARGES that ALPHAs can have access to that gives us larger ORE hold than 5,000m3, maybe more slots for mining lasers, extra slots in low for configuration for more cargo OR more extraction OR more whatever . . . Something like a CRUISER size ship that has mining bonuses that are better than VENTURE and not quite as good as BARGES.

Christmas 2020 is right around the corner . . . . CCPLEASE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

CCP seems to be toning back what alpha’s can do because of bot abuse. I don’t think they will introduce something that will be abused by bots anymore, I hope.

2 Likes

You have more than one mining ship, it’s called Battleships with miners.
There is no room between ventures and mining marges to meaningfully place a new ship.
As, you know… Barges are cruiser sized effectively.

I’d love it if my alpha could use expedition frigates…but that will never happen.

I’d also normally advocate for Alphas to be able to use expedition frigates, as they are a good upgrade for the Venture, require some decent training, and would be prime targets for gankers, due to the inability to use cloaking devices as an Alpha.

Unfortunately, with how many alpha mining bots there are, it’s impossible to support this idea, at the very least until CCP manages to deal with the automation issue, which might never happen at this rate.

First post for the character, makes an obviously dumb suggestion, uses “christmas 2020” as support. Yep, low effort troll post.

1 Like

Bot army detected

This has been brought up - and thoroughly debunked - numerous times before. Here was one notable thread on that subject: I think it's time you let alphas use expedition frigates

Here are my responses to that thread:

2 Likes

Alphas do not need more stuff. Buy a subscription like a normal person if you want to matter.

4 Likes

If alphas were any good at mining then we’d all have extra alpha alts to bulk up our mining gangs.

If anything we need to take more away from alphas.

Give Alphas access to Civilian Mining Drones… that way they get addicted to them, crave the real thing, upgrade to Omega… How do you get people hooked on drugs? You give them away for free :pill::syringe:

Can you imagine the devastation it would bring to the EVEconomy if Alpha Ventures started fielding Civilian Mining Drones or worse: mining Rokh + 5x drones!!? That’s 1.41m3/s for 5x unbonused drones with max Alpha skills (0.563m3/s for 2x on the Venture). EVEconomy goes BOOM :boom:

3 Likes

CCP already is very generous with what they allow trial accounts to do. If you want to do more, you’re welcome to buy a subscription. After all, it is a subscription-based game like most other MMOs.

4 Likes

You easily can use a T2 Mining Frig…

Just convert to Omega …

3 Likes

Alpha Miners need to remember they are choosing not to pay to play the game and instead are making a conscious decision to have limited access to many of the games features.

There is never a point at which your free experience needs to be a better free experience, or closer to my paid experience. Especially the latter. Why should you have anything that even comes close to the experience I have, when that experience costs me money?

Please remember, we are not paying to have more than you. We are paying to have the full game. You are not paying to have less than us. You are choosing to have less than the full game.

So no.

You are not hard done by. Alpha is a free meal. Complaining about the quality of your free meal, or comparing it to the meal others have paid for because it’s better than yours, is all kinds of wrong for reasons that shouldn’t need explaining.

4 Likes

CCP don’t want alphas to be producers, this is fair enough and you won’t get any arguement from me. However there are new players who like the industry track and when you look at how PvE/PvP alphas can progress it looks pretty unfair.

I’m not suggesting at all that alphas should have access to expedition frigates or barges but some kind of progression would stop these posts popping up (which occur pretty regularly).

IMO there are things that could be done to give mining/industry alphas a sense of progression and therefore they are more likely to up to Omega, but I’m not going to waste time explaining because once again it’ll just be shouted down.

And rightly so.

1 Like

Bro, you can get a Praxis and mine quicker than a Venture. You just have to not complain so much and open your mind to the possibilities of what other ships can do. I’ve been playing since 2005, we didn’t have Ventures or Mining Barges/Exhumers then, all we had was some Cruisers that had some traits that helped with either mining or cargo capacity.

[Praxis, Mining Praxis Basic]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Mining Laser Upgrade I
Mining Laser Upgrade I
Mining Laser Upgrade I
Mining Laser Upgrade I

Compact Thermal Shield Amplifier
Compact Thermal Shield Amplifier
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Compact EM Shield Amplifier
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Compact Kinetic Shield Amplifier
Compact Kinetic Shield Amplifier

EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization I

Hobgoblin II x10

2 Likes

I like the above Praxis.

What about a dedicated “mining destroyer”? Fitting something like 6(5 turrets + 1 utility)/1/1, bonuses, no tank. Maybe even a cargo hold smaller than the venture. Make sure it mines slower than barges/exhumers, but sucks gas and ice faster than the expedition frigates.

Key point- it is designed to be a super easy gank target that needs to work with other ships to be used effectively. Maybe even better if HS AFK mining is simply not viable, unlike the venture. Trival to smartbomb so an entire fleet of these ships could be wiped out without warning.

We do not need more mining ships with no fitting options.
Mining ships should have as much PG/CPU & as many slots as other ships in their size range.

This subject pops up every now and then (might need its own afk cloaky trash bin megathread :wink: ) and people suggesting such always ignore the fact that if they as alphas get access to better mining ships then all other alphas will do so as well and may result in even more people mining thus all they would achieve is devaluing their own mining efforts and earn even less ISK with mining than before as the markets would be flooded with minerals, but even the best case if the same amount of people mined afterwards everyone would use the better mining ships and they would earn the same amount in comparison and the mineral prices would adjust based on the increased supply so their ISK earned would be the same in comparison so they would achieve nothing even the best case. :thinking:

3 Likes