Moving to Sweden and leaving CCP

Dearest EVE Players

Due to family reasons, I’m leaving Iceland and CCP to move to my birth country of Sweden, where I’m looking forward to raising my children closer to the rest of my family. I wish I could be in two places at the same time - I am deeply passionate about EVE and the future of the game, and it’s with a heavy heart that I leave CCP, EVE Online and Iceland. But I also know that I’m leaving EVE in good hands. The plans you heard about from me at Fanfest belong to the whole team behind EVE Online - the many amazingly talented people working relentlessly behind the scenes to bring you EVE Online - and they also have the full support of CCP Hellmar. He’s overseeing a seamless transition of my duties, however we don’t have specifics to share at this time.

The EVE community is amazing and working for you and getting to meet so many of you has been such a journey and fantastic experience. I’m here for a little bit longer to wrap up and transition my duties, but by end of June I will have worked my last day at CCP. After that, I will be a lifelong friend and supporter of the game and this community. Farewell, fly well and thank you for everything. <3

/Andie Nordgren - CCP Seagull, Executive Producer EVE Online

121 Likes

Sad to see you go. Thank you very much for the work you’ve done with EVE Online and the community.
Best whishes for the path ahead.

4 Likes

o7

It’s been a pleasure, and good luck for the move back home.

2 Likes
4 Likes

She did some good stuff for the game during her tenure.

Best of luck in the future, Andie.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Farewell, you will be missed.

o7

2 Likes

Does that mean the themeparkerizing of EVE ends now? No more catering to the carebears, kids and idiots?

4 Likes

Always have a mixed feeling about Seagull, but it was Seagull I knew what to expect from her. Who will fill the position?

3 Likes

Fairwell Andie, you will be missed o7

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Seagull was the sexist grrl at CCP.

The thinking man’s pin-up.

Who will replace her sexiness and dry wit???

4 Likes

CCP Chair

darn

Guess wanting your kids to grow up near your family is a good reason…but still…darn

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face: That’s sad…

Best wishes to Andie! o7

2 Likes

Aw man :frowning:

All the best for her in her future endeavors <3 We’ll miss ya!

2 Likes

This saddens me to no end. I’m biting the edge of my shield… Góða ferð, Andie

1 Like

It saddens me a new executive producer has to be found. Especially with there being a chance of it going to a person who is less then passioned then we are. I am worried about a potential dreadful replacement

6 Likes

Good luck and have fun with your kids. I honestly have no idea how CCP employees put up with the shite they get from the players some times. I can only assume some form of self-medication…

4 Likes

If that happens I’d like to know what form of self-medication they’ll be using. I’d like to buy shares in it.

fly safe o7

and thanks for all the good things you brought to EvE !

2 Likes

Best Wishes to you and your family… Fly safe…

You have made Eve a good happy place :slight_smile:

1 Like