[MULTO] A message to the Ammatar Mandate and House Ardishapur

The matter of independence is not one of the issues that we bring to the attention of House Ardishapur and the Consulate Government. My calls for unity in defiance of the foreign occupation are aimed at demonstrating to Lord Arim that his choice of escalation will only lead to unnecessary conflict.

Lord Arim has the power to release those still in bondage as a result of the events of ten years ago so that they can rejoin the Nefantar Tribe. At the moment, they are precluded from doing so in a combination of slavery and coerced military servitude.

One day, perhaps, the Ammatar Mandate will be able to determine its own place among the nations of New Eden, free from the influence of the corruption of the Throne Worlds. But this specific appeal is not one for Lord Arim to recognize Ammatar independence. Nevertheless, I will do all within my power to unify the Ammatar against the ongoing degradations and racist insults levied against them by the likes of Alar Chakaid.

1 Like

So you’re apparently not a faithful Minmatar.

2 Likes

Update: The Ghosts of Kahah corporation is sponsoring candlelit vigils and processions in Halturzhan’s capital of Sandruez. These peaceful processions will be made on behalf of the men and women of the 1st Mandate Redemptionist Brigade who continue to serve in bondage.

The processions will originate in major squares, Ammatar Church buildings, and the spaceport in Sandruez and will follow a route through the old city to end in front of the Governor’s Palace from which Governor Ana Utulf Issued her proclamation nearly ten years ago. From the streets in front of the Governor’s Palace, a representative of the Ghosts of Kahah will deliver, verbally, our petitions as published here on the IGS directly to Consulate Governor Ekroz Salaf, whether or not he is directly in residence.

We encourage all faithful Ammatar opposed to the foreign occupation of Halturzhan by the Order of St. Tetrimon to join in this faithful and peaceful demonstration of Ammatar solidarity with our brothers and sisters who are still not yet free.

Similar processions will be sponsored in cities on Tanoo II, as two regiments—the 1st and 2nd Tanoo Redemptionists—bear the name of the system.

Candlelit vigils will be sponsored in Sasta, the Headquarters system of the Ammatar Navy, in remembrance of the fallen. Prayers will be offered for the repose of the soul of Admiral Einkur Aro and prayers of intercession offered for his family, who are still the personal slaves of Lord Arim Ardishapur.

Transportation to the surfaces of Tanoo II and Halturzhan will be subsidized through the Ghosts of Kahah-controlled Customs Offices above those planets. The embargoes as promulgated in previous posts will remain in effect.

The processions and vigils will be sponsored for the next 48-hours.

I will pray for their safety. However, I fear this will lead only to people getting hurt.

1 Like

We will be united in our faith. For as it says in the Book of Missions: “Surround yourself with the faithful, Stand together, for there is no strength like it under the heavens.”

1 Like

I truly fail to see what you intend to accomplish with all of this nonsensical indignation besides more strife and unneeded bloodshed. Ammatar nationalism? I have seldom heard of a more foolish notion. Full integration with the Empire would be far more beneficial for your people and the health of Dam-Amarr overall, as we come to exist united as we were always meant to.

Yet I must watch with mouth ajar at your attempts to jam an oddly-shaped wrench into the workings of the Reclaiming, despite the fact the House Ardishapur has treated the Mandate and its people with deference, respect and care, even considering what happened during the Elder Invasion. Your outrage directed towards them is some of the most empty-headed idiocy I could ever imagine coming out of someone’s mouth, though sadly knowing how most capsuleers find new inanities to spew seemingly out of thin air, it is hardly surprising.

Please, go take your ‘peaceful protester’ act to the Federation where some body-modded, overpriced coffee-guzzling youths will waste their weekends painting signs and sitting in public transport routes for your sake. At least there no one will get hurt.

8 Likes

I have said before in this thread but will repeat for your benefit: the petitions as written do not request that Royal Heir Arim Ardishapur recognize Ammatar independence, rather that he release from slavery and penal military servitude those who were suspected or convicted of aiding defectors. This is not only entirely within his power but a merciful act that would allow families to finally reunite after a decade.

1 Like

You know, in other nations they execute people who aid the enemy in a time of war. It is a high crime called ‘treason’. Perhaps you have heard of it? I believe they have received quite adequate mercy in this regard, and any further mercy is at the discretion of Lord Ardishapur alone, without your presumptuous needling.

If anything you should be serving within that very penal battalion after all the madness you’ve caused. But, instead, here we are, having to deal with another nutbag protected by CONCORD regulations and burn scanners. What a world we live in.

4 Likes

It is a “brigade” not a “batallion,” though perhaps I should not expect a naval officer to know the difference. But what attention did you pay to the 1st Mandate Redemptionist Brigade while it was tasked with rebuilding Ezzara to support the 24th Imperial Crusade? My brother died in the 2nd Tanoo Redemptionists while he was deployed in that system. Did the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris ever praise their service or did you just treat them as mere slave-soldiers?

The Lord Consort is correct. In the State, treason gets you a cup of tea. The Federation burns traitors alive in a huge show. I don’t know what the Minmatar do, but I am sure it is rather deadly.

To give someone a second chance, even in a role of a Redemption brigade, is grace and mercy.

4 Likes

While I am no expert in the legal systems of the Caldari State, the Gallente Federation, nor the Minmatar Republic, do the other three empires make a distinction between “convicted” of treason and merely “suspected” of treason?

Because the 1st Mandate Redemptionist Brigade is comprised of both convicted and merely suspected so-called “traitors.”

If they were given a punishment, they’re convicted.

“I think you’re a traitor!”
“I am not, promise.”
“Don’t believe you. Off to the penal brigade.”

See?

People must uphold their oaths. If they fail to do so, or cannot uphold an oath they have taken, there is an honorable way out. So many simply lack the courage.

1 Like

Those who were merely suspected of treason were not doled out a punishment, they were given a choice: slavery or penal military service tantamount to slavery. Many of those confronted with that choice were civilians, not defectors from the Ammatar Navy.

The 1st Mandate Redemptionist Brigade was constructed on convenience, not justice, coercion, not law. Its mere existence is a travesty. There are innocent men and women who have committed no crimes except that enough fingers were pointed at them, and so Lord Yonis gave them an impossible choice.

All personnel in the Brigade deserve to be discharged or are the Empress and House Ardishapur so miserly in dispensing mercy that the innocent and the guilty are condemned together? The innocent should be allowed to return to their lives and the guilty allowed to seek asylum. Forcing continued service without foreseeable end is simply cruelty.

This is, by definition, a punishment. The fact they got to choose was decent of Lord Ardishapur.

1 Like

The fact the innocent got to choose their punishment was decent of Lord Yonis? No, it was the height of arrogance—cast a blanket over everyone convicted or merely suspected of treason. It is never decent for the innocent to be punished with the guilty.

Of course, Lord Yonis may have found some inspiration from Lord Idonis in that regard when he created the 1st Mandate Redemptionist Brigade.

No.

4 Likes

At least there was evidence.

I am sure your government will also claim there is very good evidence.

It is no longer my government.

2 Likes

Traitors don’t deserve the Ceremony!
They shall be executed like cattle. Winds won’t weep for them.

1 Like