Muted Categories Showing up in "New" posts feeds

Seems to be an issue with the display function for “New” posts showing all content (including muted threads and categories)

I’ve muted the localized language threads and ensured alot of the threads are set to “normal” yet I am still seeing any new post under any forum showing up in my new items display.

1 Like

Did you mute the top level, or the sub categories?

Afaik, you need to mute the subcategories

That’s pretty horrible behaviour. I don’t see any options to change it in preferences, is there any site wide option affecting this @CCP_Avalon?

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. @CCP_Avalon Let mute apply to subcategories and New please!

I muted the entire top level of the language form. If I need to go deeper than that, then this is not a good path.

Bump @CCP_Avalon

You need to go derper, and deeper. Muting a parent category does not mute the sub-categories.

Thats pretty annoying for first time visitors TBH. I don’t need to see every new post created in every language sub I don’t subscribe to. It should be the inverse, unless we sub to a thread, we shouldn’t be notified.

This is really annoying. Especially since you have to copy them from a different tab if you want to mute something like the Russian forums. This ought to be changed and made more convenient. image This is madness. This not only defeats the purpose of the feature, it also defeats the purpose of the New Topics feed because no one is going to take these efforts and just has their feed swamped with useless topics from Char Bazaar or unintelligible Russian drivel.

Also, yet another point proving the uselessness of these top levels.

1 Like