Latest / New filter

I would like to be able to filter some groups from the “Latest” list.
No point telling me about languages I cannot read, and I have ZERO interest in player fiction or lore.
If you keep putting those in front of me, I will just stop bothering.

You have to mute the individual subforums that you don’t want to see show up in the Latest/Unread categories. You do that in Preferences -> Notifications -> Categories where you have to typ the individual forum names in the Muted text box, or by visiting the individual forums and click on the notification button in the top right next to New Topic and select Muted there.

1 Like

Would be nice if this were able to be done by clicking on the category and clicking a Mute box/button or what have you.

Of course as soon as I say that I discover you can do just that…

Click on the category… over to the right side, select the tracking icon and choose mute…

I wonder if this works. About a month ago, you could add the categories to the mute list but the forums in the category were not muted and you had to add them individually after all. Has this changed?

The button found by @Hakaru_Song is doing exactly what you (@Rivr_Luzade) described, only without typing. In order to mute sub-categories you would have to enter them as well and toggle them to the muted setting.

In other words, muting the main category still does not mute all subforums within. Good to know.