Mwd cloak trick

what the ■■■■ is this MWD - CLOAK ■■■■ bug using , why the ■■■■ does ccp allow bugusing this ?

It is not a bug. If it was a bug, CCP would declare it an exploit, make using it s bannable offense, and patch it out. There have been ample cases of this on the past.

It is simply players using game mechanics in an innovative way to accomplish a goal. Yes this is mildly semantic in argument. However, the big difference is that the cloak MJD trick has been in the game for ages, is well known, and CCP is fine with it.

If you don’t like it, lock faster.

5 Likes

Or get better at decloaking. :smiley: You have 10 seconds after all on a massively slowed down ship.

so why there are cloky howlers you have to skill for month if u just can use this bug ? why should ppl pay billions of money to make war in high sec if anyone is save using this ?

Not a bug, and specifically acknowledged by CCP as a legitimate use of mechanics:

If you aren’t good enough to decloak the ship while it’s aligning, then get gud rather than moan.

3 Likes

Cloaky haulers warp cloaked as well. That has many other uses such as remaining cloaked when you land in a bubble, letting you escape. Being cloaked while warped also prevents people from seeing you on dscan.

As for why, not all ships equip a cloak. Equipping a non-covert ops cloak imposes a penalty to your lock time even if the cloak is off or offline. So it is a trade off and few people actually use cloaks much less the cloak/MWD trick.

the penality doesnt give sht , becouse u can travel save with every ship and skills though highsec even in war , with every fcking ship without any skills , its bugusing , if ccp want to use it like this they would make a modul for it ,

i know ccp know it and they allow it , but i thinks its not fair , ppl using combat ships they should not use this to fly save with every ship , makes high sec war useless and everyone can howler free like they want if using this , i saw even a atron using this…

May I be the first to say…SALTY MUCH!

The MWD - Cloak trick isn’t easy to pull off.
If a t1 hauler is using this it becomes easy as f to decloak. Just burn in his directions and you will decloak him.

May I suggest you GIT GUD! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Came here expecting salt.

Was not disappointed.

4 Likes

Apparently, even though they have no skill, they have more than you if you cant stop them.

Nice tears. This is going to be an enjoyable thread.

4 Likes

I use the MWD Cloak trick every time I go through low sec, and even in high sec when hauling expencive stuff, and I have gotten a few laughs from comments in local by salty gate campers when I blast through in my Iteron Mark V.

Thank CCP that there is acctually a way to travel through low sec withouth getting ganked in every gate camp you pass. But it’s a little tricky to pull off, and easy to mess up if you’re not aware and use the right timing, and even then there’s no garante it’ll work.

It’s not only somewhat tricky to pull off consistently, but the ship must also have a propper fit to be able to MWD - Cloak sucessfully.

It acctually take some skills you can’t buy with ISK.

2 Likes

I’ve mostly used a nereus instead of the ITV if I want to MWD-Cloak. After some playing in pyfa, you can indeed fit it if you boost PG, but that leaves little space for anything else. Any chance you could share a fit?

Absolutely. I also use the Nereus and it’s a good choice, but I’ve used this Mark V when I had to move large stuff around. Atleast that is what I’ve used untill I could fly the Occator.

[Iteron Mark V, MWCT Mark V]
Expanded Cargohold II
Reactor Control Unit II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Reactor Control Unit II
Expanded Cargohold II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Core Probe Launcher II
Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Cargohold Optimization II
Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

1 Like

The game saves automatically.

5 Likes

with some ships and the cloaktrick they are unkillable , untargetable, thats broken , even you warp much faster with the cloak trick

Get within 2km and they will decloak. Very targetable then.

1 Like

It looks like you are frustrated that people use their brains and skills. Grow up and teach yourself how to deal with it.
Not everybody puts non-cov cloak on their ships due to some reasons, like lack of CPU, slots, money, experience. I travelled a lot with my vni through low sec and null and first time i was caught most of time and now i can trvell safely without cloak. And don’t forget that your ship is still not vulnerable to bubbles and HIC.

Drop cans around the gate to prevent him from cloaking.Ofc if you had half a brain you’d try it by now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.