My favorite sci-fi ship

Surprised it took this long too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I was still pretty young when they showed the Enterprise E for the first time, and I lived and breathed Star Trek. It was such a reveal! Special place in my heart

Ryker: “Tough little ship.”
Worf: “Little…!?”
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Riker: “You do remember how to fire phasers?”

Worf: :eyes:

I’m watching the original series. Such classics!
I love all the ST movies! My least favorite one is The Final Frontier. Still good but it could’ve been better.

1 Like

…:rofl:…

1 Like

I personally don’t like the new ones the most. Post 2009 Star Trek is just not for me. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good though, more Star Trek is always good :slight_smile:

I think my least favorite TNG movie was Nemesis, I wish they would’ve ended on a more happier note. The way they sailed off into the sunset at the end of Insurrection would have been great

My favorite TOS movie is probably IV. Loved whales when I was a kid.

Same here. I haven’t even checked them out in trailers.
And Star Trek Picard? No, just no.

True, but I love all of those in varying degrees. I love when they EVA on the hull of the enterprise and take on those ugly Borg!
Worf: “Assimilate this” Woo-hoo!

One of my favs as well.

1 Like

Thank you! I was so disappointed as well. Oh what it could’ve been…

There are rumors we might see Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer again in Picard season II. I don’t want my hopes up lol

unnamed
fe4050aa208b7254aa6968164e5d88d3

3 Likes

I’ll pass tvm. The last ST I liked is Beyond and even that one left a lot to be desired.

3 Likes

Okay, on to Star Wars now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Iconic!

No offense to Marvel fans but modern Star Trek to me is like appealing to that crowd :grimacing:

2 Likes

Stylish!

2 Likes

Doughnut, lol.

Mutters something about the kids of today…

1936, and the inspiration for so many designs, Dr Zarkov’s Rocket Ship from Flash Gordon
It’s the sound that made it: the electrical buzz of an arcing tesla coil.

5 Likes

:heart:
They should make a Flash Gordon movie. With the fx of today… it would be awesome. Depending on the director of course, but I think JJ Abrams could make it interesting… As long as he doesn’t try to “subvert expectations” :rofl:

I’m old school in a young body :vulcan_salute:

Perhaps they could give it a good rock sound track, maybe by someone like Queen. A good cast playing over the top characters, get the producer of Barbarella to do it…
What else can be said that isn’t already summed up by the line:
Flash! Flash, I love you! But we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!

1 Like

So you want old school sci-fi ships?

Here’s Jules Verne’s 1865 “rocket” to the moon:
(More of a cannon projectile, really :stuck_out_tongue:)

Problem is we wouldn’t get a new tune :confused:

Visually speaking, it all rests with the director and dir. of photography. Best scenario is if the producers keep a hands-off approach. Look what happened with the newer Rollerball movie. They tied the director’s hands and it came out to be doodoo.

It wouldn’t even have made it to the stratosphere :rofl: