My favorite sci-fi ship

With enough power and a long enough barrel I suppose it could have… but the people within maybe wouldn’t survive :roll_eyes:

:heart:
In the time of Jules Verne they didn’t have the type of fuel to launch anything further than a couple of kilometer at most. Gun powder… all they would’ve gotten is a big BOOM! And petroleum… they didn’t have the engines to launch either.
Surely wouldn’t have survived. The technology to sustain life in vacuum didn’t exist yet I think.
But he sure was a visionary. Definitely ahead of his time.
If correction is needed it’s most welcome.

As I recall from the novel there were two debates around the columbiad - was it a howitzer or was it a cannon? Also, their original design was for a ball shot rather than cylindro-conical. The latter only being adopted when someone volunteered to ride it.
You may find Verne’s Topsy Turvy worth your time: effectively “What the Baltimore Gun Club did next”.

I do like Verne’s works. But then I’m also rather fond of Wells and, while he’s not a Science Fiction author, Rider Haggard.
Science Fiction tells you more about when it was written, their hopes and fears, than it does about the future.

:heart:

I like to read Sci-fi in this genre:

51cToorFvAL.SX302_BO1,204,203,200
I read all of the Deathstalker books. They’re awesome!

Jar Jar Abrams could certainly make for interesting criticism articles and posts. Personally I wish he would find a new profession.

So…favorite two sci-fi ships…it so depends on “favorite for what” doesn’t it? I will assume its about what you want the most in general terms, and assuming all the lore of the ship works and is valid. Number one would be this and almost all for the holodeck:

tng

Number 2 for being practical yet powerful. I mean, what can’t this ship do? And it fits in a garage!

rcknmrty

But the first thing I might do in the holodeck of the Enterprise is recreate this, but you know, just me and Kaylee. :wink:

Fireflyclassship

2 Likes

Yes, they messed with Star Wars beyond salvage but J.J is a good director, there is no denying that.

Favorite for whatever you want: design, function, lore…

:heart: The Enterprise!

Can it clean my room? lmao

Sorry, I don’t think I know this ship… and who’s Kaylee?

Serenity from the show Firefly. The best sci-fi show ever cancelled by morons.

And seriously, every main female crew/cast member was smokin’. But I got to go with Kaylee/ Jewel Staite.

1 Like

/thread

2 Likes

This is really cool, what is it from?

:rofl:

Okay, Serenity. Good movie. Too bad the TV show got canceled. And I don’t blame you, Kaylee is pretty.
Thanks for the vid.

1 Like

Nice… That’s Battlestar Galactica, right?
@Rich_Darine

Ewww. No. Do not blaspheme against the sacred Gunboat.

XG-1 assault gunboat, originally from the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games and the source of many failed missions and dead pilots.

1 Like

Sowwy. My bad.

Here’s a classic:

From TV series Cosmos 1999

2 Likes

Are you a native French speaker? AFAIK Only in French was it Cosmos 1999.

I’m not originally but I now live in France and I’ve been watching TV series in French to learn it. Originally from the Netherlands.

2 Likes

To be honest, one early thought of mine was “Anything Gerry Anderson did”. And since this is Sci-fi ships not “space ships” I’ll go to the grave defending his work.

The Angel Interceptor.

Thunderbird 2.

3 Likes

Nice!! That guy came up with some awesome stuff!

affef369bfb63d50bea86501c4a005ec
ANDERSON-obit-articleLarge

2 Likes

Down on the boulevard, there was this place that served a great Philly-Cheese Streak. Closed in the 1990s.

“To Boldly Go…”

3 Likes

Oh you’re making me hungry now. I love Philly-Cheese Steak Sandwiches! Dip it in that sauce, yum!

…where no capsuleer has gone before, lol
Thanks for the vid. I haven’t seen that episode! Which one is it? I want to see it.
Scotty played by James Doohan is my favorite character :hugs:

2 Likes