I’ve been playing for a couple weeks, and until yesterday I was starting to think that all the warnings about Low-Sec were overblown paranoia.
I had set up some decent Low-Sec planets for PI and waited a few days while filling up their launchpads with materials. The system doesn’t see a lot of traffic, so I waited until Local was empty and undocked to go pick up the goods.
I spent a minute - maybe two - mucking around trying to figure out how to launch some (but not all) of the Aqueous Liquids. I eventually gave up and launched everything. As soon as I took the materials out of the Customs Office, my ship started taking fire. My first PVP encounter!
Anticipating this, I had equipped my ship with warp core stabilizers. I wasted a second or two trying to put the materials back into the Customs Office and then warped away to my station. I thought I was safe. I starting docking, but came under fire again! The docking process seemed to take forever. My ship went up in flames. I appeared in a pod, attempted to dock, and then lost my first clone.
So I have questions!
- Is there a way to launch only a portion of the materials from a launch pad to a Customs Office? For example, can you launch 60,000 out of 100,000 Aqueous Liquids?
- How did Ken Ozura, “Industry Interruption” specialist, find me after I warped? Did he guess where I was going? There are multiple stations in the system.
- Does it take longer to dock at a station when your ship is under fire?
- What happens to your wreck after someone kills your ship? My ship had 10,000 m^3 of low value materials which his Proteus could not have carried away.
- Can I go back and get the materials from the wreck?
- How long to wrecks last?
- How long do corpses last?
- Can you put materials back into a Customs Office?
Feel free to answer any, all, or none of the questions. Thanks!