My proposal for a new type of mining ship

You’ve paid to PLEX and you feel like it should be worth every penny of it in-game, thats fine. But giving Alphas ONE extra ship to mine in doesnt sound bad at all to me. Alphas dont do much impact in the mining sector anyway.

1 Like

Giving alphas access to the Prospect, with some limitations, is not something I am opposed to doing. Keep the cloaking skill an omega only thing, as well as ice mining. They would be the BEST at gas mining, something a lot of omegas may not be doing. I would also go so far as to allow them to train into the T1 Deep Core Mining Laser. It can be fit to the Prospect, and would open up mercoxit mining. Another valuable asset for nullsec mining - somebody to clean up the damn mercoxit!

But that’s as far as I would take it. No need for new ships. No need for new modules. Open up the Prospect and mercoxit mining, while continuing to disallow ice mining and cloaking, seems to me to be something to at least consider. I am willing to entertain others’ thoughts, the pros and cons, other than “alphas shouldn’t get squat!” mentalities.

1 Like

It’s not that simple. because it never stops there. If you give them access to the Prospect, then eventually they will ask for barges, mining drones, then ice mining ability, then cloaks. All of these have already been asked for by Alphas, by the way. Alphas. Give 'em an inch, and they’ll take a mile.

1 Like

^^^^ Is exactly what I was referring to when I said “alphas shouldn’t get squat!”.

Do you have something constructive to contribute? Flesh out your reasons for opposition, please.

1 Like

It can’t possibly be more fleshed out than what I just said. See for yourself. All you have to do is a search on this forum. Alphas have already asked for everything under the sun using the premise that “just a taste” will make new players want to go Omega…

1 Like

I really don’t care if they go omega or not. The daily skill injectors and increased skill point maximum is SUPPOSED to generate revenue for CCP, to offset people not going omega. At some point, if you want more, you are going to have to go omega. It’s not like anybody is saying give them everything. I am all in agreement with you in regards to barges, ice mining, and industrial command ships. I don’t see the harm in allowing a T2 frigate that only has a single use - mining - when you cannot use cloaking or a cyno, and by keeping the no ice mining restriction. That alone leaves out the Endurance as an option for most.

And I have read the opposition, almost all of it boils down to “alphas shouldn’t get squat!”. For the most part, I agree. But not in this one thing. So, as I said, I am open to constructive discussion. Just not abject dismissal because you don’t want it to happen.

You’re not getting my point. I don’t care if they get access to the Prospect for regular mining purposes. What I’m saying is it’s not going to stop there, and you know it. This forum will be lit up with requests for “insert module/ship/functionality here” the instant they get access to it.

We have, myself included, already posted numerous different loadouts for mining battleships and other fits that can produce more than the Venture. They don’t want it. Why? Because it can’t be AFK’d. All you’d be doing by giving them access to the Prospect is a bigger ore hold in which to AFK mine…

1 Like

Have you ever mined in a Prospect? Anywhere, be it hisec, lowsec, WH or null? You are JUST as vulnerable as in a Venture. It’s not an AFK mining ship, at all. I totally get your point regarding AFK play. I am opposed to it as well. But I have to disagree with you, if you are saying people are wanting something like to Prospect with which to AFK mine.

Bollocks. I have AFK mined with Prospect in high sec. Running with triple F90 with ECCM scripts. Because I could.

Firstly, the mineral market has tanked thanks to the flood of input from null-sec rorquals and high-sec moons. (insert comparison to third world sweat-shop for income level and dignity). Because that is what high-sec mining is now.

Secondly, courier missions for the right NPC/Agent will just be just as AFK’d (auto piloted). So convert the LP to isk to minerals, buy it cheap and manufacturer something that will have a price tag lower the original mineral worth. That’s the point?

Thirdly. Just no. You’re not the first and doubt you will be the last. Pay up for privilege or go do something else. And anything else is more isk per hour.

1 Like

Been omega for years, bro. I’m not the person you need to be arguing with over export of minerals from mullsec. I live in Delve. We don’t export. I forgot how weak hisec rats are, so yeah, that fit would suffice for a hisec AFKer. Won’t cut it in null. You COULD speed/trans tank by tightly orbiting yoru rock with a prop mod on, but you still can’t truly AFK, due to players. That fit won’t survive a hisec gank attempt. It won’t survive a nullsec hunter.

Ask yourself why CCP hasn’t given Alphas access to PI, ice mining, or R&D agents. For the same reason they won’t give Alphas access to greater mining ability, that’s why…

I see what you’re saying, but to me it comes across as “alphas shouldn’t get squat!”. There should be more incentive to go omega, across the board. I personally detest the industry’s shift to free to play subscription models. I would love to see game publishers go back to the old subscription method. But since it’s not going to go away, I see nothing wrong with sweetening the pot, to some degree. If you want the full potential of the expedition frigates unlocked, you have to go omega. Just like if you want the full potential of a battleship to be unlocked, you go omega.

I can see we aren’t going to agree on this. So, I bid you farewell, safe skies, and profitable ventures.

It would be nice if we could give Alphas just a bit more, but that simply isn’t going to happen, for several reasons. Virtual machines, VPN, and players trying to cheat the system ruin it for everyone. Unfortunately, that is the Pandoras Box you open when you go free to play…

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Skiff
Oh snap! Ask and ye shall receive!

You mean, like how the Procurer and Skiff used to be? Before they balanced the 3x Barges/Exhumers to each use 2 lasers and get different yield bonuses. Used to be 1 laser for Procurer / Skiff, 2 for Retriever / Mack, and 3 for Covetor / Hulk.

You mean… like the Procurer? 12k m3 Ore bay, 25 Mb drones. You’re pretty much just describing a Procurer.

Ohh… I get it… You’re a cheapskate and you don’t want to sub.

You don’t need a taste of higher tier mining. You know those tiers exist, and you’re clearly gunning for them if you’re asking for more. That’s your incentive to go Omega…

@CCP please nerf Alphas. They’re turning into a bunch of hobos on the side of the road holding up cardboard signs saying “please give me more free stuff so I don’t have to subscribe.”

3 Likes

I might change my mind if you could write the purpose of the suggestion too.

But It’s a No from me.

1. There is a Minerthron, to stay alpha and mine better.
  2. If you find your local mining group, they usually give free mining boosts from their ORCAs or Porpoises.
  3. Plus, the Venture can fit t2 miners, t2 tank, and t2 mining upgraded -
  4. Even a lowly venture miner can make “dank lootz” by upping their risks, going into a wormhole, low, null.
  5. As for subbing; the game survives by paying subs. To raise cash one can do jobs around the house, neighborhood, or online to earn real cash for the sub.

The Venture is nerfed because there is more to the game than mining. Although without it, every ship will be way more expensive. Each venture is relatively cheap to be earnable, and with a few cargo holds of compressed moon ore, you coulld plex a few months.

PS I love my mining in my orca, and I will be happy to provide boosts if I’m about.

2 things

1. It will be a juicy target for gankers in HS apart from the covetor.
  2. Its will be a mining berge for alphas wich is a big NO. The game producers will never allow it

After reading a LOT more types of posts like this, and after reading a lot of what is in the CSM forums, I now feel this is not a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.