Nanite paste not worth it w/ station access, right?

Just wanted to make sure I’m not crazy. All my nanite-related skills are at IV, and I am noticing that it’s usually 2x-3x as much to pay for nanite paste and repair heat damage myself, rather than just pay at a station where I have decent standings. (Assuming standings are even related.)

So - is nanite paste mostly for the null / WH wanderer who may go for quite awhile without reliable access to repair facilities? It just doesn’t seem cost-effective, but maybe that’s just my play-style. (Always close to stations.)

In a prolonged fight it is good to have paste. Nano small gang - paste is a must

3 Likes

If youre caught in enemy territory with no neutral citadel, its certainly a must. What are you going to do, burn 10 jumps back home and repair and then burn another 10 jumps back to join the fight?

its one of those things where you should keep it just in case, but dont use it until you have to. Kinda like a Condom

4 Likes

I even carry that in some PVE-ships. In a Gila for abyssal sites for an instance.
And in PVP-ships anyways.

3 Likes

i wouldnt waste 1 nanite on PVE, i gladly spend a ton on PVP if it means a win.

In abyssal space- absolutely have it and use it

Never not paste.

2 Likes

Whenever you have a opened citadel close by, don’t use it :sunglasses:

I play in lowsec with plenty of citadels around, but I still bring 20-30 paste.

If I happen to get stuck in a system with no structures, I can still rep.

I can also rep modules while in warp chasing someone, I’ve had to do this when I’ve almost burned out my point, I was able to rep while pursuing my target.

1 Like

I always carry paste even in Helios for strictly peaceful exploration of relic sites. Ability to repair MWD after overheating after going through a bubble is quintessential.
There is no reason not to overheat, and there is no reason not to paste.
Cheers,

You can repair ancillary shield/armor boosters and rapid missile launchers while they are reloading. Paste is for in flight repairs. If your mwd isn’t on and you just heated a cycle you should be repairing it mid fight until you need to use it again. Same goes with all modules. I recommend keeping passive modules visible so you can repair them if they took too much spillover heat.

1 Like

It’s like lube. Better have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

4 Likes

Its like the Fedo-colonies in Minmatar-ships…:fedo:

1 Like

One question when this topic is opened anyway: If module is burned out completely is it still posible to repair it with paste and put online again while in space?

Correct - once you burn it completely you can’t paste it better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.