Navy Destroyers

OMG not overlap!!! The world will probably stop turning if there is overlap.

Probably not but I don’t like to ask for things we’ve already got

Try and get a T3 Destroyer fitted and out of the dock for less than 15mil.

I know I can run DED 3/10s with no problem in a Probe, and 4/10s in a Herron.

Let me see a Svipul in Jita is going for about 39mil. With that I can build and fit 3 almost 4 Probes. Or even 2 REALLY blinged out T1 Exploration ships.

The Astero is going for 57.8mil in Jita, I can build 3 REALLY blinged out T1 Exploration ships, or 4 basic exploration ships.

I can buy a Dragoon, fit it out and have it ready to go with less than 30mil isk and I am talking REALLY bling that ship.

The Isk cost to Isk income is not balancing out with those suggestions you make.

Seeing as I can run WH relic, data, and low to Null sec data and relic sites and make WAY more in a T1 frigate than I can in that T3D, after overhead. Then when I factor in the inevitable loss of that T3D, it becomes an asset I would rather NOT use. For that role, when it is WAY better at other roles that it was designed for.

Exactly, why cant there be more ships?

Is it just me that goes to get a proper ship after I have scanned them ?

I mean really 5/10 in a T3D and 3/10 in a probe must take all day, some of us have got a war to fight.

1 Like

I actually would like a siege destroyer-class ship that could only damage Structure-level effectively (with maybe some E-War thrown in just so you can use the ship for something else).

Oh and make it T1 of course, gotta get those Alphas in!

What need is there for Navy destroyers?

Define what constitutes a need for a ship ?

I can see navy destroyers like a Corax Navy Issue - a 100 million destroyer with 2hp more shield hp than the regular Corax but 0.1m/s faster than the Corax.

I can almost see me buying that ship for only 22978401746134713461686523 gazillion LP.

You have a warped imagination

Reasons…it’s a video game…there doesn’t need to be an articulable reason.

There is only 2 reasons any ship in Eve exists

Reason 1 To destroy other ships

Reason 2 To provide the resources to destroy other ships

With the occasional exception of destroying something that is incapable of moving

Sounds like fairly good reasons for navy destroyers.

Oh I forgot pods we like killing pods too they move and are not a ship so that’s reason 3

And drones kill them too reason 4

Its called a dominix or a geddon :stuck_out_tongue:

What possible logic would you have for wanting a Navy Destroyer ?
I don’t need one and no one else does either.

Confused how we got on to exploration ships… but hey this is EVE. I would love to see Navy destroyers but instead of just making them more combat oriented I would like to see them get an applicable EWAR bonus based on there faction, a slightly broadened fitting envelope and a slight overall decrease to base tank. I think this would make a very interesting combat ship that could be fit into Destroyer fleets and really add to the fun. Frigate EWAR is very fast which can leave it out on its own in a frigate fleet, this would be a nice way to put something together for it. My only real stipulation is it should be for the EWAR types currently covered by faction vessels. I dont want to see a destroyer running around with turbowebs or Nuets for days.

adding EWAR navy destroyers would kinda take the point of the whole EWAR navy frigs tho.

navy battlecruisers are actually the weird of the bunch. so if there were to be navy destroyers it would have to be 2 of them and a second line of navy battlecruisers to keep the same order as the regular frigate -> cruiser -> battleship progression.

problem would be figuring out the bonuses. in general all the navy ships are more weapon bonused, a few have some personal gimmicks but they usually swap a tank bonus for something else that reflects the faction they represent.

so for example:

-Navy Cormorant -> 10% optimal range per lvl changed to 10% shield hitpoints per lvl (less range than the regular version but more tanky, bonus to hitpoints shouldnt compete with the Merlin/Moa)

-Navy Catalyst -> 10% falloff range per lvl changed to 5% damage, loose 1 high to get +1 mid (dont know much on why it has a falloff bonus so instead it gets a 7/3/3 layout so it can be shield or armor, or just go armor with enough mids to get web + scram and wreck at closer range)

-Navy Coercer -> 10% activation cost per level for lasers changed to 7,5% damage per lvl, looses 2 highs to get +1 mid +1 low (less lazors equipped = less cap eaten, in exchange it gets tankier and can fit web + scram). another option could be to swap the activation cost bonus to 10% optimal range (laser and armor version of the cormorant)

-“Navy” Thrasher -> 5% damage to projectile turrets per lvl changed to 5% rate of fire bonus per lvl, looses the launcher harpoint for +1 low (it basically gained an extra low while loosing that extra damage from a missile launcher, still gets the same amount of turret and the extra low means it can go either armor or shield)

of course this is just a proof of concept.

2 Likes

Yeah, a beefier option of a standard destroyer would probably be the way to go.

There is a huge price gap between standard destroyers and T2D, so there is a lot of play room there for an “intermediary” combat destroyer navy class.

Since it wouldnt have the versatility of the T2D, its unlikely to step on its toes in terms of performance.

Cant really fit a covops destroyer into a “navy” slot.

EWAR is a very dangerous option, and unpredictable on the meta.

PS: Navy Destroyers will have an impact on HS ganking. This needs to seriously be thought through, especially since Alphas can fly Navy ships.

Aye, because it makes sense to make a command vessel (A ship that is meant to command in battle) by upgrading a ship already purpose built for battle?

1 Like

Some of us go WAY out when exploring. I can honestly say my average run when exploring is sometimes 20 jumps from where I start. And I dont come back till I hit a certain fill of my cargo hold or run out of ammo.

And 3/10 DED sites dont take that long in a Probe. I can do them quicker in a Heron but only marginally. And I find it a waist of resources to use a Cruiser, or bigger to pop a bunch of NPC frigates that honestly arent worth the expenditure of the ammo and time for that size of ship.

I look at cost of ship vs income of venture. You know like old sailing captains did. Why go out with the most expensive thing possible when something cheaper can get the job done.

1 Like

Oo.

Why would you do this to yourself?
You can find 3/10s in HS and run em there with a proper combat vessel,

Why do you think a exploration desi would end up costing less then 15mil? Interdictors (which are the EWAR destroyer btw) cost around 50mil unfitted, the Sunesis cost around 40mil. Why do you think a destroyer specialized in exploration would be cheap? T1 explo frigs are cheap because they are balanced in other ways, primarily by sub par defensive capabilities.

Then when I factor in the inevitable loss of that T3D,

HAHAHA, lol thats your problem, you need to be either asleep at the wheel or a moron to loose a T3D in a PVE.

For that role, when it is WAY better at other roles that it was designed for.

The role of hacker are filled for the empires by T1 explofrigs (Heron, Imicus, Magnate, Probe) and cov-ops. What you apparently want is a cheaper Astero. Besides that, Interceptors for example where never designed for exploration, but they are currently by a huge margin the best (non pvp) exploration ships in the game. Bonuses are for newbies to compensate for the lack of skills, what makes a ship good for a role are oftentimes other factors.