Need a Dominix fit for level 4 mission running

I am not great with ship fittings, and could really use a tested dominix fit for running level 4 missions. Most of what I have found online is a couple of years old, and I was curious as to what people are currently using.

[Dominix, Dominix PVE Sentrix]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Large Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Sensor Booster II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Medium S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Medium S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Limited Light Neutron Blaster I
Heavy Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Large Trimark Armor Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

3 Likes

Practice makes perfect.

Fit up a ship.

Lose it.

Find out that it was a bad fit, try another.

Rinse and repeat.

A couple hundred billion isk later, you will be a master at fitting.

2 Likes

Just a comment about Dyver’s fit.

The Energy Neut in the highs is an odd choice for a PVE ship, since cap warfare does NOT WORK against NPC ships. NPC ships are effectively immune to having their capacitor neuted. A Nosferatu/Vampire will drain energy from an NPC ship, but a player CANNOT run an NPC ship’s cap dry with Neuting. There is however a secondary effect of a Neut, it has a chance to disrupt a shield or armor repairer, interfering with a ship’s ability to repair itself. The Neut in this fit is either to disrupt NPC repair cycles or is a contingency against being ganked by another player.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Capacitor_warfare#Energy_Neutralizers

Energy Neutralizers have no effect on NPCs, and they never run out of capacitor, so ships fit for PvE should never be fit with Energy Neutralizers. It is possible to drain capacitor from NPCs using an Energy Nosferatu, but there are reports that there is a limit to the total amount of capacitor that can be drained from a single NPC. Energy Nosferatu will always successfully drain capacitor when used against an NPC, no matter what its size.

The use of capacitor warfare in PvE is not common, and not much has been published on the matter. It has been reported that the use of Neutralizers, neutralizing drones, or nos on NPCs will result in a chance of disrupting both shield or armor repairing by the NPC. The chance of disrupting repairs seem to increase with the size of the modules and decrease with the size of the NPC ship. So using a heavy neut on a frigate NPC should have a very high chance of stopping any repairs. Likewise using a small nos on a battleship NPC will have little to no effect on stopping repairs.

Apart from that, it’s a decent fit for a Domi

1 Like

Yes, I use this fitting in NPC null sec for missions where it is sometimes necessary to get away from a ceptor if you did not pay attention all the time. In high sec, you can replace it with a Nosferatu (which only really works when you are very low on cap (below 30% usually in my experience) in very long missions like Blockades where you need to have the armor repairer running constantly. The NOS only really works on BS, too.
Another note from myself: The remote reps in the high slots are obviously for repairing your sentries if the NPC switch aggro or ignore you completely all the time so that you don’t have to pull their targeted drone in as soon as it gets attacked. Depending on the mission you may have to use more armor heavy drones and want to switch to remote armor repairers.

1 Like

Sorry, but OP did not stated, that he or she wants to use it in null.
L4 mission is all about ISK/time ratio. With more tank modules and less applicaiton modules you will grind through the mission slowly. Dominix is unique ship, that has drone optimal range bonus and that is why it is used for sentry drone sniping. Jump 100 km from NPC with LMJD and than burn them with 100 - 150 (wardens) OPTIMAL range 600 + dps with drones. Instant damage, no missing volleys like it is with sniping missile boats.
[Dominix, PvE cheap]

Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

Tachyon Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Radio L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Scope Chip I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Warden II x5
Curator II x5
Bouncer II x5
Garde II x5
whatever drone is needed for mission. 200 milions entire fit… Adaptive damage type, you decide what to shot according to info from eve-survival web page. Range tank allows you to kill small targets with large beam lasers cause they burn straight toward you. It is another 50 - 140 DPS with instand range adaptation (crystalls has zero reload time) Bling the fit to get rid of fitting rig and you can get 650+ DPS from wardens (150 km optimal) or 750+ DPS from Garde (50 km optimal, but 100+ km falloff)

4 Likes

Drone range, drone dmg, drone tracking, MJD, reactive armor, DC II, armor rep, cap rigs, sentries.

Fit rest to taste.

Land jump blap jump blap jump blap…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.