Need for Speed

What is the Fastest Ship?
M/S with either a AB or MWD
No Faction Mods or Implants, just standard T2 fits

Thanks

probably an interceptor if your skills are maxed out for the ship/mods

An Erebus if a dev is flying it and it gets tackled. So fast it’s like it just disappears.

2 Likes

Ha hah! Something similar to that was caught on camera. Now it’s part of the internet… forever.

3 Likes

thats… what they were referring to…
reasonable explanation why that happened.

I know. I was playing as unknowing. I liked how @Xude_Xu described it. So fast it’s like it disappeared. That “incident” will forever be etched into EVE history.

9753 m/s cold
14333 m/s heated

[Punisher, 2fast]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Overdrive Injector System II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
[Empty Med slot]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router II

1 Like

Last time i check it was Dramiel.
Claw has higher base speed but loose to dram due to slot distribution .and rig factor.
My answer based on parameters you gave. I do assume all skills are top , only t2 mods , no implants , no drugs

You need to consider your needs and check ships base speeds, slot distributions and rigs

People might tell you ceptors here but consider they have only 2 rig slots .

Fastest would either be a Claw with an overheated MWD (thanks to its overload bonus) or the Gold Magnate, a special edition ship. If you’ll allow the use of a single Navy MAPC (only 13.5m), an overpropped Claw like this can go 21630 m/s hot, albeit with literally nothing else on it:
[Claw, wee]

Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
[Empty Med slot]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

The fastest base speed ship, and the fastest cold (w/o prop mod overheated), is the Gold Magnate, which is a limited edition but is technically the fastest. This fit goes 13446 m/s cold, compared to the Claw’s 11153 m/s cold:
[Gold Magnate, wee]

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

There’s your answer. Hope that helps!
(And of course, things like Snakes, Zor’s Hyper-Link, faction/deadspace mods, mutaplasmids, and the Black Hole wormhole system effect would boost that massively.)

for what use?

you can make command destroyer with Rapid Response Command burst and 50MN MWD get up to amazing speeds

you could also run a specific Pirate Faction Frigate with 10MN AB that will outperform any standard MWD firgate fit.

but depends on what you want to use it for as to which is the best option. as where is always a counter to everything.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.