Need Help

Hi. I just started playing after watching a bunch of videos online. Eve looks really cool! So I bought myself an Omega account! :slight_smile:

I was watching a video where a guy was using Google spreadsheets to track his purchases in the game. I was wondering if someone could help me better understand this if it is correct? I tried to do some searching but don’t know much about it being I am 100% new to the game.

I want to make a spreadsheet to track my ingame action, so I can like track profits and orders over a period of time? I am willing to somehow compensate should a tutor appear to assit me, that would most ideal. I could maybe pick your brain for a week or two or maybe you just want to help build the project together?

I can learn by doing!

If there are already like services available, would you be so kind to point me in the right direction? I could save time and isk and avoid having to do a lot of work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just had an idea, if you make sheets and work with ESI really well, I would pay you to make videos I could DL or watch on youtube. :slight_smile: Something I can study and learn more about Google sheets and Eve ESI related specifically.

I am into trade and investing if anyone is curious as to why I want this inforamtion. Eve seems to have quite a nice market system from the looks of it.

1 Like

Put that effort into trading and investing in real life, play eve for fun.

1 Like

That is a very good idea, and point taken! But I want to practice here first before I loose real investments :slight_smile:

I hope you understand.

Is jEveAssets not sufficient for your purposes?

1 Like

Looks interesting so I dl it and extracted the files. I dont see a .exe file though, so Im not really sure how to use it, I will have to read, see if there are instructions. that sort of thing.

It’s javascript based, and you run the .jar file.

1 Like

Installing jre now :slight_smile:

Cheers!

So in a nut shell, what can this app do?>

There are a number of 3rd party tools to assist with the markets

https://www.eve-mogul.com/ has free and paid (ISK) tiers

https://developers.eveonline.com/blog/article/using-esi-with-google-sheets will show you how to pull the data yourself.

1 Like

It does a lot of things, like track your net worth, assets, journal transactions, market history, industry jobs, etc. I am not sure exactly what you want to be able to track or how, but this will pull most information from ESI and let you filter it according to whatever criteria you want.

1 Like

Perfect.

I assume its safe to use?

Thats great. That is what I am looking for.

I would not link you to an application that I didn’t think was safe. Do Little is a regular on the fourms and I don’t think he’d point you wrong, either.

1 Like

I mean no disrespect. It is the Internet though. I greatly appreciate it!

Can’t be too careful. Doesn’t hurt to ask. I hope you found what you’re looking for.

1 Like

This here has instructions so looks like I should be good to go. :slight_smile:

This is a very nice application!

Thank you!

You’re welcome. Fly safe, capsuleer.

1 Like

Thats your first mistake right there.

1 Like

Need information on jEveAsset. I load it and got my character loaded, but the corporation is not showing Assets.

You have to add a corporation separately from your character.

Change the authentication type as above. I am not sure the exact requirements for a person to be able to auth in this way, but if you are the CEO of your corporation there should be no problem.