Nerf Ganking Megathread

Hmm, 20 posts later, and still an unwillingness to answer yes or no.

I think I understand why that is so difficult for you Drac.

Why do gankers always make mountains out of mole hills, create a storm in a tea cup? One of life’s mysteries I guess…

That’s not true. The increased time meant that the freighter pilot had time to grab alts or bat phone -which could, theoretically, lead to emergent game play opportunities (including for AG’ers).

Now, it is true that solo players, who are completely socially isolated, and who made the choice to fly a loot pinata, had no counterplay options to them once the bumping started. Moreover, I’m sure that these guys having to suffer a drawn out death was a crappy experience for them. However, there were most certainly counter play options available. Not to mention the things that freighter pilots could have done to reduce the chances of gankers targeting them for bumping in the first place.

You know, unlimited bumping could have led to harrowing escapes and emergent game play opportunities. But, judging by the whines, I guess it mostly just resulted in slow deaths of hapless loners.

As I said earlier in this thread but I did not specify it on this answer but my focus is on single hisec hauler players doing contracts in freighters in hisec. Their option was to dock up and log out and wait the Macherial out, thankfully that is no longer the case… Which makes me happy. I abhor when the only option is to dock and log, it is why I hated AFK cloaky camping. Now there is no reason to dock and log on either, with AFK cloaky camping just wheel out an observatory and check if the fecker is active or blow him to pixels if he is not, what’s not to like?

In terms of tethering the act of removing this will enable the freighter pilot to have more chance to slip through and AG to react to there actually being active gankers by seeing them dock and knowing that they are active. What is not to like, down with AFK play. Leaving a fleet of gankers tethered is the worst kind of AFK play. Perhaps if CCP made kill rights remove tethering then we could have value from kill rights on ganking, maybe that is better?

It is just the opposite side of this debate, some are in favor of the Tether staying and some are all for it’s removal. The Standings once the Faction War takes hold would effect those pilots or perhaps every pilot in New Eden and this will only separate the community even more. This is my view on the matter.

Well, then why is Dracvlad sending JJ so many likes, considering that Dracvlad despises dueling with a passion and prefers to grind his enemies into dust to destroy them completely, and even goes out of his way to interfere in other players’ duels when they’re having them? It just doesn’t make sense!

Really? I mean, considering that this is literally your response to pretty much any sort of adversity…that’s the statement you’re going to make?

Someone gave me a title in game, I thought it was funny, but true.

So not wounded to the quick by your inaccurate name calling statement. :exploding_head:

Destiny being Destiny again…

FTFY :wink:

Incorrect fix because we have not noticed any account sharing going on with Destiny, but are you suggesting that this is the case?

Thought everyone was Aiko(s) alt… including you yourself. :upside_down_face:

You should be careful not to be misunderstood.

Anyone can misunderstand me all they want and it doesn’t matter even the slightest. :wink:

Can I quote you on that?

You have to pay for a quotation permit to do that. :stuck_out_tongue:

0.10 ISK sent

Request denied. :wink:

Ahhhh, shame, spoilsport…

Glad to see another satisfied customer. :slight_smile:

lol welcome to EVE. No one cares about “honor” in PvP. It’s about getting the kill. Cry about it some more.

I love clubbing seals!

3 Likes

I enjoy Seal Clubbing Online.

4 Likes