NERF the Rorqual

Really? From my experience the only missions I don’t decline are Silence the Informant (for elite drone ai) dread scarlet (dank money for low time) and burners. I find myself only once in a couple days having to actually do a low profit mission…

How many missions were you running in a row? You can only reject 1 mission without penalty every 4 hours, and you lose quite a bit when you constantly reject trying to look for the right missions.

Yeah but your faction standing barely loses anything when you decline missions. So if your faction standing is 8 and your agent/corp standing is -1 you can still take lv4s. Completing a mission gives a ton more standing than declining one because it’s so low. Like going from 1-2 is way easier than going from 4-5 for example. For every mission I cherry pick I can decline many safely. Of course sometimes you just get unlucky and get to -1.9 and have to do a less rewarding mission (if agent standing goes below -2 they won’t talk to ya) but it still pays and will usually put you to -0.5ish to allow more mass declining. The idea is my agent should be slightly pissed at me at all times, but upper management loves me so they gotta deal with my crap.

I find myself hovering around 3.0 standing for agent and 8.5 faction. Only taking the storyline missions that are blitzable (ie buy ore at station complete mission get 20mil implant). Recently I’ve even been declining burners that are too many jumps away, depending on how much standing buffer I have.

Oh I completely missed answering your question lol. I’m not sure how many missions but when I sit down to make some money I usually go for 3-5hrs. I try to make a bil asap.

Thats the thing though, there are only like a dozen missions, and out of that pool, youre only looking for like 3 or 4.

Declining the mission removes around -0.5 to -0.6, while completing a mission brings you up 0.3, 0.4, which means that if you get even a streak of 3 or 4 missions that you need to decline, which will happen quite a few times, youre already down -1.5 standing. More if youre unlucky.

Declining a mission doesn’t ever remove that much for me. The highest I lose is like 0.15 from extravaganza and normal missions losing 0.05ish, of course this scales up when my standing goes higher but you’re supposed to hover between -2 and +3 anyways. I’m curious how its possible that your declines are so severe, do you have the relevant social skills to V?

I just went to a fresh agent and tried declining.

Seems like the normal amount i usually get tagged for.

And yeah, most of my skills are at 4, some 5.

I’m gonna test this out myself and get back to ya.

Is a Nerf bad enough that people would consider going back to orcas but the big question how will affect the industry as a whole

Okay after re-reading your comment there is no way that you can Plex 20 I know a guy that has three rorqual he Plex of them all but he also spends about 8 hours to 6 hours a day on the game just to get those accounts paid for by the game could you do 20 you basically have to operate 18 hours a day with four or five rorquals rotating in a couple different systems could it be done probably what I want to try no that would be a full-time job if you’re disabled in real life possibly you could do 20 accounts but you would have to have a lot of rorquals you would have to have pride five or six per system that make it work the bigger question is how would you manage all of the ships one person can only manage so many things at a time

Dude I completely forgot about this reply. But yes I tested it, the numbers weren’t as low as I remembered but it was entirely possible and likely to go on for days without having to do a crappy mission. The standings losses get less the closer you get to -10, and the increases become greater. Visa versa for +10. So keeping at -2 to 5 is pretty easy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.