Nestor covert ops

Greetings, I’m a fairly new player (a couple months), and I would just like to send a suggestion that the Nestor gets a covert Ops cloak like the Stratios. This would encourage me to play more (focusing on PVE here), and not be too scared to actually fly around, currently I’m just sitting in a station and not really logging in much.

Thank you for your consideration of this feature of what is potentially a really good game

There is a reason no BB gets access to a cov ops cloak it would be pretty broken.

but why is that keeping you from logging in. surely there are plenty of activities to take part in. and there are a lot of other ships out there.

reading this back it sounds a bit more hostile to me than I meant it. Im actually wanting to know what it is that’s keeping you from logging in. if its because your having trouble finding motivation I would like to help. The best thing in eve is finding corps that can provide or facilitate your ideal form of content. I spend most of my down time in game trying to help players find corps that suit them I may know of some that could help give you a reason to log in.

If fly a nestor is your #1 thing i think they are still used a lot in incursion groups though the meta may have changed and removed them im not sure.

4 Likes

If you’re looking to fly expensive ships with covops cloak, you could try T3Cs.

Or take a look at the black ops battleships. While those cannot use a covops cloak, they do move much faster while cloaked and can safely travel around with a covert jump drive. You will need a friend or alt with cyno for that though.

Honestly, I’d like to see BBs with Covert Ops cloaks, especially the Nestor and the Black Ops ships. I don’t think it would be very broken, honestly. I think it would likely make it more common to see Blops used for something other than bridges. Nestor should either be Blops capable or there should be a variant of it that is.

1 Like

The lack of the cov ops cloak is not why you see them mostly used for bridging. Bridging is just their most useful trait and the rest of the cov ops line do everything else better and/or cheaper.

Blops are battleships, battleships just tend to be more of a hindrance than a help in small gangs.

This one I fully agree with particularly now that CCP has opened up t2 faction ships outside of AT.

We have t2 trigs and all the concord line.

Keeping the rr and fleet maintenance bay would open up some possibilities.

I don’t think CovOps cloaks are a good idea for Blops.

As Black Ops battleships, like bombers, have no targeting delay after decloaking it would be very scary to allow them to warp around cloaked.

With quick reactions it is possible to get away from most cloaky ships when they uncloak next to you, but not with a good bomber pilot. But at least a bomber has a paper-thin tank, so you have a chance to get away.

Other cloaky hunters may have better survivability than a bomber, but they all have a significant targeting delay after decloaking that allows a wary player to warp off.

Now allow battleships to warp cloaked and tackle ships without targeting delay (with sensor boosters) and it’s going to be really hard to get away from cloaky ganks.

I do like your other idea: I support either giving the Nestor a black ops jump drive, or allow it to be taken on a Conduit jump.

That’s why I like it.

Dang. 2 months and you got a nestor? Wow.

Anyways, sell the nestor and fly other stuff.

Fair enough.

Still don’t think it’s a good idea. :yum:

If you can’t stay alive in a Covops frigate, having a Covops BS isn’t going to help you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.