Neuroscientist makes amazing claims about Amarrian religious sects!

Technically, following the theory of such, all of evolution arises from a pattern of defects, which owing to their relative strengths, then becomes the norm. If a defect leading to the creation of a faith lent strength to its adherents, it would eventually become the norm and thus relatively uniform. Not that I’m supporting the original post but I find your counter argument to be flawed. There’s also the fact that for many, faith is not a choice of free will, but rather one undertaken as a result of coercion, misinformation or a lack of reasonable alternatives. Your own experiences do not constitute a template for those of others.

3 Likes

I imagine having an entire species follow the commands of an imaginary all powerful pack leader would do wonders to the weaving of the social fabric of society and its survival!

Of course we already evolved past that. Time to move on!

4 Likes

I enjoy the irony that we as a species strive for perfection, yet that would lead to stagnation and ultimately demise (In my opinion).

Ordered chaos is the thing that gives us life, that allows us to strive, to improve. Some order is required as unbounded chaos would lead to stagnation in total disorder. It’s the balance between the two that we should seek.

Oh, and I don’t for one second accept that it’s some sky fairy that gives us this glorious existence. Just to be clear :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What about an earth fairy?

3 Likes

I’m more likely to believe it is the Green Fairy, I have a better acquaintance with her…

3 Likes

Is that a euphemism for the indulgence of certain substances?

3 Likes

No euphemism, good absynthe is supposed to make you see the Green Fairy (my personal experience is that you don’t see very much after a few…). Hence why I’m more likley to believe in her than some omnipotent all seeing all knowing God.

3 Likes

Have you discussed this past time with Casserina?

3 Likes

I’m always open to discussion involving absynthe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Goodness, really? There is finally a subject you won’t turn into an irrelevant sexual one-liner, and it is…an herbal digestif? Wonders never cease.

Also, I’ve been trying to formulate a proper thought on this supposed discovery. My apologies for taking just a moment longer.

3 Likes

Article title is clickbait.

Hasn’t it been known for a long time that there are brain structure differences between the religious and non religious? Do they provide any links to articles from reliable scientific sources? Of course not! Honestly, the journalists at this site could stand to be less sensationalist and appealing to their readership’s preconceived biases, but I guess that they’d probably loose their meal ticket if they acted like serious journalists.

3 Likes

I take my absynthe very seriously. As for the inuendos it’s really hard sometimes, but if you take your time and work at it you’ll find it just comes naturally in the end.

4 Likes

The Sani Sabik heresy is Defective Software running on Defective Hardware.

Corrective Measures are Necessary.

2 Likes

I bloody well hope you aren’t thinking of sending a Sabik to your nearest engineer for the wrench-and-weld.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.