(New) Character Creation System is absolute garbage (Pictures inside)

They didnt do what people always wanted. They didnt enable all clothes. Big minus for that!

1 Like

Apparently this is out of your … uhm … reach.

Stupid people need their hand to be held …
… they get nothing done on their own …
… and they just complain about things most others have no issue with.

They don’t matter, otherwise this game would be turned into the same game for stupid people like all the others.

Intellect is an actual requirement to play EVE on a proper level.

1 Like

This is wrong.

The lower the bar of entry …
… the more people, who require the bar to be even lower, will be attracted …
… the lower the average IQ of the games’ population drops …
… and the less the intelligent people stick around thanks to all these idiots.

It’s not your place or anyone else’s place to define what a ‘proper level’ is. Some players are content running HS missions or mining day after day, year after year. Sure it’s low-IQ gameplay, but they’re having fun - that’s what matters. They’re also consumers/producers in the economy, which is good, and even if they end up being carebears who don’t chase PVP they’re still targets for ganking.

Fun fact: carebears might leave EVE because of high populations of/interactions with high-caliber vets, but high-caliber vets don’t leave EVE because of high populations of/interactions with carebears. These vets either shoot up carebears because they can, or they move on to play among their own kind. The gameplay experience for vets isn’t dumbed down because of the presence of low-caliber players.

2 Likes

Actually that IS what I say

m

2 Likes

Sure it is.

1. You have no evidence that it isn’t.
  2. CCP agrees with me.
  3. Try and stop me from speaking the truth, just because you don’t like it?

This game requires a certain amount of intellect. There’s tons of idiots around here who make it look like it doesn’t,
but these are just top level idiots. All the actual idiots don’t last long enough to reach the point where they complain on the forums.

2 Likes

Despite no one dialing zero, Anderson Geten responded to me in some other thread.

Perfect example proving me right.

Anyhow, horribly off-topic.

Edit: We’ll go find what’s going on here, but regardless, nobody needs to be freaking out about it.

1 Like

Uh … didn’t people write this is on TQ already?

1 Like

OP says:

Mike thinks:

You guys need to figure out if this is the case. If so: YANK IT

3 Likes

Hahaha we caught him not actually reading the thread from top to bottom. :blush:

It’s the sixth post! :blush:

1 Like

4 Likes

Sigh.

First of all, a lot of players don’t like making uninformed decisions that might have lasting consequences. And so they’ll stop and do research, sometimes never to return (that’s what happened to me with Divinity original sin -ended up getting distracted by Eve or something, and just never went back). True, the “this doesn’t matter” dialogue box helps, and Eve doesn’t exactly throw a wall of options at players. But why present players with choices that don’t matter, and that most people don’t care about, if it’s tripping people up?

Second, some of my favorite people in this game are incompetent Eve players. Some of these guys frequently cause me to break out in facepalms with the stupid ■■■■ they do. But they still have fun, and I still enjoy their company.

Third, role playing is basically make believe. You can make up whatever the ■■■■ you want -no toggle boxes required. Case in point, there is no hardcore mode in Eve, yet Komi Valentine plays a character that can permanently die, and I’ve recently seen a thread for a character that “died”.

P.S. CCP should get rid of the starting corp selection, and have everyone start in the same corp and starting area.

Exactly correct and I came with the same expectation. CCP markets this game as immersive and deep but is now also hellbent on taking away so much of the immersive lore and depth. I don’t get it at all. They can’t have it both ways. Either the lore and depth matter or it doesn’t. If race and bloodlines no longer matter then Eve is just another sci-fi MMORPG with a really complex trade system and economy bolted on, in my opinion.

Also, lord knows there are plenty of other issues in the game where unnecessary complexity needs to be tackled. Maybe some decent official documentation direct from CCP (as opposed to training materials from Eve Uni or Goons, etc) would be a good start?

2 Likes

Never going to happen, Eve players seem to have a far better handle on how stuff actually works than CCP do; CCP only knowing how it’s supposed to work, not how it actually works.

We used to have the Eve Wiki to document the game but it was rarely updated by CCP, with them outsourcing a fair bit of it to player editors.

Eve Uni have done a far better job of keeping their material up to date than CCP ever did. The Goon wiki is harder to access for non goons, which is a shame because from what I’ve seen of it it deals with stuff in detail that the Eve Uni wiki merely skims, if addressed at all.

5 Likes

SHUT UP AND BUY MORE CLOTHES AND SKINS!!!

…and all of you quit bugging us about stuff…we’re busy making it snow in space and such

2 Likes

They should swap all Concord ship models for sleighs and reindeer on the 25th :stuck_out_tongue:

Not disagreeing with you on the points you make but I’d like to reiterate (and my point still stands) that the GAME PUBLISHER should put out the definitive documentation on, you know, the GAME THEY CREATED.

3 Likes

ah the magic snow from outer space :woman_mage:
next event maybe magic mushrooms :mushroom: also from outer space, growing on asteroids, and you would have to gather them

2 Likes