New EVE Forum

Yes! DOWN WITH THE OPPRESSORS LOCKING GENUINE THREADS LEFT AND RIGHT.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

2 Likes

Step 1. Create uncensored forum
Step 2. People post unrelated stuff
Step 3. People post illegal stuff
Step 4. Your uncensored forum got taken down by the hosting site, forced by authorities

An unmoderated place on the internet doesnā€™t exist, or if it exists it wonā€™t exist for long. Some kind of censorship or moderation will always be required.

3 Likes

Ok bootlicker.

2 Likes

I donā€™t always agree with the moderation on this forum, but asking for an uncensored forum is just naive.

5 Likes

ISD is out of control.

#AbolishISD

3 Likes

Go make your own forumā€¦ with blackjack and exotic dancers

Thatā€™s all fine, but the fact is there are lots of sites like that and in most cases they are self moderating in that people arenā€™t posting illegal crap or whatever.
Making one is still easy, and more so that making ones with tools for moderation, though now I think we are sort of off the point of this thread which is about getting away from the ISD who have proven to be a bit overzealous at times.

1 Like

So the ISD used to be less vigilent, but then a segment of the forum regulars wanted more moderation.

So what do people want then? Cause it seems like people just donā€™t wanted their ā– ā– ā– ā–  moderated.

3 Likes

All I would like to see is the ISD not block anything till after 6:30 pm est so I have a chance to post before the lock!
IB4TL!

8 Likes

Because there are policies of hosting platforms and legal requirements to abide by.

Even in a situation where an extremely permissive owner started a platform, they are still governed by their legal system, by the EULA they agree too with whoever hosts their forum, what they can and canā€™t allow and what they must report if itā€™s posted.

Itā€™s just not possible to create a truly uncensored forum and nor should it be.

So in the end, the OP is asking if weā€™d use a different platform, not moderated by ISDs, but by her rules instead.

Apparently, the rules of Reddit (the other popular forum for EVE discussion) arenā€™t good enough.

What about SomethingAwful instead? It also has a long history of EVE related content tied mostly to Goons and is very permissive - but still has rules to abide by.

1 Like

Iā€™m responding to a poll about ISD and making a new forum where they donā€™t have control.

And to a this:

I simply wanted to know why he thinks itā€™s impossible. I donā€™t think it is impossible, impractical maybe but not impossible.

1 Like

Yes? And Iā€™m just responding that the forum used to be less moderated, but a group of regulars wanted ISD to be active in their moderation.

I mean, I looked at the thread that spawned this one. Like the rules or not, the hidden posts were indeed off-topic and against the rules. They should have made a new thread to continue their discussion instead of bloating a thread about something completely different.

The ISD even went easy on them by hiding it, instead of just removing the posts.

Listen here kiddoā€¦No. As Green Beret I was trained not to walk away from oppression but face it and fight for freedom and liberty.

Our motto is LĆØ Espresso Libido which is latin (an ancient language you probably dont understand) which means to liberate from oppression.

Now I might be a retired decorated veteran with multiple top scecret missions under my belt but just because I am retired doesnā€™t mean I dont carry the values with me anymore ok kiddo ?!

I graduated top of my class and as they say. Once a green beret always a green beret.

So I will always fight oppression such as the ISD.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen that, but I understand what you are getting at.
I thought you meant from a programing standpoint, not hosting. I run one for my customers, I run it locally from my own server and illegal stuff has never been an issue. It gets off color to say the least, but never illegal or even really offensive.
I suppose though if something illegal did pop up I would do something about it in a very big hurry.

2 Likes

Iā€™m drinking espresso right now and my libido seems completely unaffected. On the other hand fighting oppression is a pretty good thing to be doing. With or without fancy credentials.

4 Likes

This.

Make up your bloody minds people.

6 Likes

blackjack_and_hookers

1 Like

Considering you taught me what that massage wand is for I am not surprised

Are you talking about my cargo ship?!? The one named Hitachi Magic Wand?
I knew that would come back to bite me somedayā€¦

I can delete the postā€¦ literally too autistic to realize when I hit under the belt :wink: