New Gurista NPC (high DPS) attacking anyone in high sec

Outrageous!

The best Kestral loadouts on o.smium.org show DPS at 130, the FIRST hit of 6 simultaneous hits was 365 (as were the other 5). All supposedly from Kestrals?! Oh, and the attackers are WHITE! You get a warning about “Aggression against this peaceful…blah blah blah” if you try to fire back. All of this CRAP(sp) happens just after I come thru a gate. The hit rate is far too high for Kestrals sitting back, must have super-speed light missiles to go with that huge DPS multiplier fit.

Now compared to a player, the BS piles even higher, any player shooting immediately after a ship uncloaks from a gate jump gets a red flag, and right on top of a gate, everything blue is going to fire --> insta pop. The forever white Guristas Kestrals have an infinite number of local waypoints to be constantly warping around too, just sit around as a capsule to see that stupidity.

I’ve never seen a YouTube video for a null-sec gang doing anything like the **** I got, after more than 4 years in the game.

3 accounts cancelled CCP, KMA

3 Likes

Sitting around in a capsule will get you podded by the new npc’s. Don’t let your last Eve advice be to get some poor new guy podded in his plus 5 mining implants. I would suggest a few things to help you through this transition to a more active and engaging Eve universe but you are already on your way out. In the holiday spirit may I suggest you gift your stuff to people more willing to involve themselves in a constant and ever changing space game. They will need it according to your very detailed and thorough first hand account.

2 Likes

Oh no, some NPCs made you quit Eve. That’s horrible. Those NPCs should feel bad about themselves.

1 Like

Are you kidding. This is a great reason to have a second account. Having a scout move a system ahead to warn of nasty npc pirates can save you an expensive hauler or 7. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.

Well yes, they do have ~110-125 DPS each, but their salvo damage is higher than that because once they’ve fired they have to spend several seconds moving the next set of missiles into the launch tubes. DPS is not the same thing as alpha/salvo damage. One is the amount of damage done all at once and the other is the average rate of damage dealt after firing delays and reloads are figured in.

They use the pirate faction as their displayed reputation instead of the pirate corporation. Hell they showed up blue to me initially because of social skills.

And odds are they are set up based on player fits… which means they can also include stats to emulate running a missile velocity rig or two. Which can have an amazing results in just how fast missiles get from point a to point b.

Since you are canceling, can I have your stuff since you’re obviously not going to be needing it? Would love to be able to fund training up an alt or two faster.

Frankly nobody should be losing indy ships on the gate until the cruisers are in the camping squad. Between manual piloting and fitting a cheap but intelligently rigged tank you can have T1 haulers with 20-35K EHP depending on how many cargo expanders you reduce your tank with which should be more than enough to align and make the jump with a still living ship… because these pirate NPCs aren’t pointing you with warp disruption or scramblers. If you lose an indy to them its because you chose poorly… by either running a negative tank fit for max hauling or by being lazy and hitting that auto-pilot button you should absolutely never use for anything.

2 Likes

by this, you mean on any alpha account , even for a mission requiring to move 40 000 m³ ?
I want your iteron fit with 40 000 m³ and 35k ehp.

Nothing surer than carebears will whinge and moan about everything.

No new PvE, whinge and moan.
New PvE, whinge and moan.

Kill the FOB and the problem will be gone. Unfortunately effort is just an allergy to carebears.

2 Likes

Even L4 distribution missions stop at basically 8K m3 for regular cargo which can be easily realized with Nereus, Wreathe, and Badger. That 40K m3 oddity is a storyline mission which is both optional, and still allows splitting the cargo into several chunks. If you insist on moving it all in one run you’d be out of luck without a DST. While an Itty V can potentially move upto 38K m3 in one go… it requires 5 ranks of Gallente Indy and results in a paper tank that implodes when sneezed upon. Thereby it is utterly impossible for an alpha limited to a single rank anyways to move it all in a single run. False question based upon greed. TANK YOUR BLOODY SHIP! If it takes 2-3 runs from point A to point B to do it safely then so be it.

1 Like

I just want to know why they aren’t red like every other PvEable pirate in Eve?

why do they have a “dangerous act” window that pops up when you go to shoot these “non peaceful entities”?

It makes a player think they are non aggressive and/or CCP protected.

Is there a reason why all the normal indications of a free fire NPC have been stricken from these units? Almost like CCP is trying to hide or camouflage their aggressive nature.

Can we shoot them with out Concord involvement? every other time I’ve shot a blue ship in high sec Concord got involved.

perhaps the reason players are upset about this is because CCP didn’t follow the normally accepted rules when they changed things in high sec.

3 Likes

so, where is your iteron fit with 35k ehp ?

Just ignore them and they will go after drifter incursion.

I absolutely love this!

No longer can people sit in a belt being unsociable and shooting rocks while watching anime and doing whatever weird stuff they do while paying $15 a month to not actually play a video game. Miners will eventually have to find a way to defend themselves, or make some friends, or hire combat pilots to protect their mining operations.

Its like the NPC version of CODE and I love it. CCP should make the NPC’s harass you about buying a mining permit.

6 Likes

or leave the game.
Miners in HS alredy have the lowest isk/h. Now you tell them they also need to oganize more.

What a crime…

1 Like

It’s entirely down to the person paying the sub how he or she plays.

Nor should CCP be intent on pushing players in a certain direction.

2 Likes

Nor should you be telling CCP which direction they take the game.

See what I did there?

you did nothing and ware proud of it ?

reported for personnal aggressions.

Fed up of arguing with people who come here just to insult and do not dare to make any correct explanation.

Well if they white NPCs then that should be fix it. Also high risk no reward should be fix it. If you hire mercs to defend your mining fleet then they should be able to get some rewards from NPCs too.
My opinion is a bad move from CCP because of the above.

4 Likes

My issue with these guys is pretty much the fact I’m not allowed to fight back without dropping security. I’m all for harder enemies, be it while mining or otherwise, but at least let me fight back if I’m being shot at. At that point, I have no reason to fight back.

Hilariously, I launched my drones on my Orca and told them to have at it. Didn’t need to drop security, but it wasn’t going to go anywhere for too long, since the Bantam didn’t aggro the drones and could remote rep anything my Wasps can deliver.

A final thing though: Do these guys have perfect aim or something? All I see are 255 hits every single time, even while moving, no matter which ship I am using (Orca vs Vexor Navy Issue).

1 Like