New Gurista NPC (high DPS) attacking anyone in high sec

Loki w faction web and point works they cant warp off and web slow em down.

you should be invulnerable for at least 30 sec if not combat ready dock again or warp to insta BM or…fight if you are…i legitimately got freaked out when i landed on gate with them on it cant remember what i flown but it was dead on arrival if they haven’t already engaged with another pilot…

…i like it and want more.

Well then you’re the exception to the norm.

1 Like

To be honest, I like the idea of the Forward Operating Bases and their patrols. I think overall having aggressive npc’s in high is a benefit (afk miners for example).

However, the current implementation requires some tuning. The stat’s on the patrolling ships could be turned down a little and the frankly insane spawn rate from the FOB itself when you attack it needs the nerf hammer badly (especially considering the reward for taking it down).

2 Likes

I had read that killing patrols in an FOB system will cause them to despawn after several days. So, I’ve been killing all of the patrols that I can find in a Gurista FOB system. I spent some time testing fits and tactics, and thought I’d pass on what I’ve found out.
Gurista Kestrels and, often, a logi Bantam, only seem to loiter around citadels. I’ve never seen them around NPC stations. If you use a cruiser with strong resists and web them, you can kill them without too much trouble. For webbing the Kestrels, which only fire Gurista light missiles, I used this fit in my Vigilant:
[Vigilant, Blasters]
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Medium Armor Repairer II
Shadow Serpentis Energized Kinetic Membrane
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster
Medium Cap Battery II

Modal Neutron Particle Accelerator I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

These “station” patrols often come in groups of 5 and don’t drop loot or pay bounty. And, sometimes they call friends, but after killing them for a few days, they have run a couple of times after I killed the first few. The tactic is simple: set distance to about 4K, run up to them while still tethered at the citadel, target, web, and pound with blasters.

The response fleets must be dealt with differently. The “safer” non-cruiser variety that I encountered tended to have 10-12 frigates with a mix of Kestrels (missiles), Condors (missiles), Bantams (logi) and Griffins(strong damps). They WILL yield light bounty. To kill a minor response fleet, I used this fit:

[Vigilant, Vigilant-KineticRails1]
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Medium Armor Repairer II
Shadow Serpentis Energized Kinetic Membrane
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster
Medium Cap Battery II

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

I just stayed out of real damage range of the missiles and slowly killed them with longer range hybrid ammo.

Hopefully, after a couple of days of continued harassment, the FOB will leave.
Please post your experiences with this.
o7

5 Likes

Thanks Mina - I’m using a web and blaster/rails Vigilant to do the job.

1 Like

Did a little bit of cleaning up, mostly focused on the last dozen or so posts. All of removed posts were largely off topic and not contributing to the discussion.

Folks, grow up. Arguments and counter arguments for the sake of the topic is always welcome. Different point of Views and explaining them and WHY they are different is what progresses this game, comes up with ideas and suggestions for game mechanics. In this case, the New Gurista FOB’s.

What does not Help are petty arguments going back and forth and making a mess of things. Keep it civil.
I would also like to point out that abusing the reporting system is very much frowned upon.

~Buldath

3 Likes

There is a fob near Niarja.

With a vigilant I was able to tank and kill bantam+2kestrels.
Sure it is very annoying that the rats keep warping out and then back at perfect distance. Could we ALSO have perfect warping at distance on enemies ?

try ‘shooting at’ 6-8 nightmares - see how far that gets out here when just outside your station.

1 Like

lost my mining barge…in about 10 sec with no time to run away
this is my 2nd account Omega - useless 14m SP (will not risk again)

2 Likes

It’s not useless - you can get 10B ISK or so by extracting the SP and selling them.

But you could also just use in the future the Agency tab or do a quick scan to see if there are any FOBs in the system you are mining in before you go AFK, or semi-AFK in a belt. If there is no FOB then there is no risk these pirates will show up and attack you.

1 Like

That’s too much of an effort you propose, I think.

The FOBs showing up in the agency has been a huge improvement, not in engaging with them, but in avoiding them. It is now very easy to check your surroundings before undocking and deciding which system to go mining in.

If only the content was manageable for a fleet of ~5-10 T1 battleships, people might actually engage them too. But at least being able to not get blown up is good.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.