New Gurista NPC (high DPS) attacking anyone in high sec

Indeed. Burners are level 4 missions which easily can pay billions/week. But even regular L4s can be blitzed for 80-100M an hour meaning it is possible to earn a billion or two playing only a few hours per day over the course of a week.

Per hour, highsec still offers income comparable to the other spaces. There are probably marginally better options out there for raw numbers (and effort), but highsec is still plenty lucrative enough to support legions of veteran players earning top-tier incomes while under the protective skirt of CONCORD.

Huh?

That must be some dank LP store you are having. Mine does not have any items. And 3000 LP does not pay for much.

Does the following:

Make go 70 jumps deep into gank-online-sec with 5000 gatecamps because lowsec, make (not) kill unbeatable NPC, make go back 70 and get ganked 5000 times because lowsec.

Unless CCP makes all equal and increases the mission payout by a factor of 10, so that an Angel Extravaganza pay 400 million, I won’t be making enough to acquire the new age price tags of 500m for a 50 million isk recon ship or similar,

1 Like

What are you talking about?
A base burner mission is 2 jumps into HS. if it’s more jumps or low sec you can freely refuse it.

while pedro is right as you can make Billions per week, he doens’t consider the downside, as eg the time required to make those billions, the initial isk investment, the risk to get ganked, the constant attention that most burner missions require. People claim 200M an hour, I claim they actually do less. You can do a lot more in null, eg super ratting.

But if you stick with bad missions OF COURSE you will have bad isk at the end of the day.
I just made the epic caldari, took me 4hours, of course this is bad money for the time invested. I made ~50 jumps in null/low and was not ganked (lol).

But if you want to make money in HS you have the option to do so.

It requires completely min-maxing for efficiency, some investment and a fair bit of time set up to get standings and alts and the like, but such incomes are easy to achieve by veteran players. The economics may have shifted slightly, but almost everything in this guide is likely still true today:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub#h.myrc78pia6l7

It isn’t as easy as joining an Incursion fleet and pressing F1 or some of the PvE available outside of highsec, but it is near perfectly safe and plenty of veterans choose blitzing L4s in highsec as an income source. Just go to any of the best L4 mission agent systems and see for yourself.

I’m not trying to quibble here, just make the point that highsec isn’t the “new player” zone where everyone is poor and struggling to get by. There are plenty of veteran players and alts of veterans players operating in highsec, probably moreso than true new players, that are attracted by the safety and access to good solo incomes.

Same system… Silen… right? I tried to warn everyone in system by posting what happened to me… saw you were in system at the time… guess I didn’t post it right or many were not payin attention to local chat?

2 Likes

All agents age Q20 now.

“Slightly” is the understatement of the millennium. And I thought, I was the only one under- and over-exaggerating.
Have you checked the price tags of recons or HACs lately?

Recon ship base price: around 40 million
Curse price tag in Amarr: 300 million

HAC base price: around 40 million
Eagle in Amarr: 300 million
Cerberus: 260 million
Deimos: 280 million
Ishtar: 276 million
Sacrilege: 275 million
Zealot: 189 million (was 176 million 3 days ago but nobody wants one anyway)

Now let’s check command ships,
base price: around 80 million
Astarte: 470 million
Eos: 0.5 BILLION
Damnation: 0.63 BILLION
Absolution: 0.54 BILLION
Vulture: 0.56 BILLION
Nighthawk: 421 million (she isn’t very good)

Even the regular t2 modules like guns or reps have doubled in price.

I will not pay for any of those until the ferengi have come to their senses.

Just keep in mind, with one character you can only do so much and goons still haven’t paid me 5 trillion to join them and ruin the game with them more.

Curse is slightly cheaper in Jita.

As someone who used to run lvl IV missions I can say that I for one didn’t make billions of isk a day. In fact I probably made enough to buy and fit a RNI in about a week and a half if I tried. Hell I didn’t even bother with burners after me and some friends took 3 Hawks and two griffens with the racial counter and still lost everything.

So yeah let’s not also forget the fact that the lp store needs tags in which only fw and certain missions give.

1 Like

Mission payout increases with the security status of the system the agent is located in. Further, the geography of the surrounding systems makes some agents preferred over others. As a result, L4 mission hubs have emerged where highsec veterans mass to grind L4s.

What does any of that have to do with the mission payouts? Mission ships, which are almost never lost mind you, may have gone up in price, but the payout is largely the same as a few years ago.

You are a strange bird. Just keep playing the game as you want.

So do these FOBs and Officer fit NPC Pirates show up to beat up Nullsec ratting farmers who are earning a billion isk a day? Or is this feature designed for the newbie miner in hi sec?

1 Like

Yes the mining response fleets are supposed to be that strong. No you aren’t meant to try and solo them in your miner. The response fleets are meant to be in response to someone attacking their mining fleet. It’s just you have bad standings to them from the belt rats that periodically attack you while you are mining, meaning they call in a response fleet if their miners warp to your belt as well. It doesn’t really make sense in high sec atm to have their fleets casually mining just like they do in NPC null and calling in the same response fleets, but that’s what it is.
Yes the kestrals are meant to be like a blinged out max skilled player.
Basically you will need to call in friends to fight them in a belt. A couple of Porpises and a few skiffs and you should have much better odds.

Highsec only. Nullsec gets the Sotiyo’s instead with the Pirate capital BPC’s.

3 Likes

Ah, see I knew I forgot a sentence.

So what it has to do with payouts is that for the increased risk in highsec you get less that for zero risk in dullsec farmville land.

That’s why I proposed that this new “we only murder highsec miners AI” goes to null where it belongs.
Carrier and sooper dooper farmers get annihilated and the entropy with carriers and sooper doopers dying left and right in rally points is restored.

1 Like

I was under impression miner fleets are in all secs except wh space FOB roam fleet is magnitude less dangerous atm.

FOB are again less dangerous than pirate shipyards for once they don’t spawn capitals…from what I seen FOB can be neutralized with squad of vidis and some logis.

Hi all,
The most useful entries here are the general info from guys like Luigi and Abyss, and the brief but very interesting suggestion from Siegried RE distance over orbit.

This is what we need. How do we kill these little robotic pricks? I have seen some of the uber-Kestrels loitering around citadels and stations. I decided to try to kill them. Most of my gunnery skills are at 5, I have a few targeting implants, and I took a Navy Brutix with decently fast-targeting medium guns. I simply could NOT kill them - they orbit very quickly at about 35K, and warp to magical bookmarks and then back to reach their preferred distance. I tried different ranges, different ammos, and then left to repair 7 or 8 times before giving up.

Thanks to a just a few of the entries in this thread, I now have a better idea of what to try next. Let’s figure out a consistent way to murder these AI punks.

2 Likes

He’s not wrong, while 80-100m per hour is bit of a stretch, that is completely doable. Hell there is a 5 part faction mission chain reguarly given out in amarr space that is capable of 150m/h if you can repeatedly do it over and over. (Mainly due to faction tags instead of bounties.) Also your estimate of 3000lp a mission means your not doing the right missions, or something. (6k is the usual amount)

Excuse me? I do what I want. There are no wrong missions.

So here is what I do, I shoot zee red thingies with the price tag on and get a little isk every 20 minutes or not if I don’t shoot zee red thingies.

The FACTION mission you refer to is Enemies About 1-5/5 and if you never ever want to enter Gallente space again, you should do that all day.

Repeat after me and write it down 10.000 times : I haz no market bots!!!111eleven

Meaning, I don’t know how your market bots work but whenever I try to sell anything, a ROBOT makes it cheaper.
You are telling lies and your bed-time fantasies when you claim, you can always “sell” stuff with your BOT army for much profit.

Admit it, you cannot or you are cheating somehow.

And going to your 10 jump away mission makes not “pay” magic isk per hour or does the gate pay you per jump??

2 Likes

Ok, first off, take your medication.

Now, by “wrong” missions I meant your doing the wrong “level” or your doing the “transport” missions or something, as 3k lp missions barely exist for level 4 combat missions. (I’m not even 100% sure 3k’s DO exist, usually they start at 4kish for the easiest ones.) Hence yes… your doing the WRONG MISSIONS. Or your just wrong about the payouts.

Shooting the red thingies is good, your making progress there.

The faction missions are 100% doable without ever locking you out of faction space, you just have to rotate faction missions every once in a while. But yes this is “optional” there is a reason these pay vastly more than normal missions, fewer people do them because they are afraid to do them like yourself.

Glad to hear you don’t use market bots, neither do 98% of the rest of us, yet we all manage to sell everything with incredible ease on a daily basis. Bots are indeed a plague, can’t argue that. But they have weaknesses you can exploit.

Claiming I or frankly any of us have a “bot army” is making you “look”… no not the right word… “factually state” yourself as a moron of the highest order. The odds of anyone running a “market bot army” responding to this post is laughably low.

I’m not sure why I should respond to such an immature and childish ranting post as yours, but there are your answers. From here on out, you can figure this crap out on your own.

3 Likes

Then stop crying that things don’t go as smooth as you expect.

“I did nothing wrong with kicking the lion in the balls, I do what I want”.

If you have a goal, that is to make money when playing, you have choices to make in order to reach that goal. When your choices are sub optimal, then you are making the WRONG choices. if you chose a corporation with low lp store then you made the WRONG choice. if you accept all missions whatever be their payout, then you are making the WRONG choice.

Then when you are complaining that you have to make 70 jumps in null, you have the WRONG attitude and want things to change instead of you to learn and adapt.
“But I pay for this game”. Yes you pay to be able to play, not to be the best. Enhancement is up to you.
We gave you enough advices to LEARN for several weeks and come back and says “thank you guys, I was wrong”. If that’s not what happens then you are wasting our times.

1 Like

And this thread topic is another fine example of why player log-in numbers keep dropping.

4 Likes

And it was going in the right direction till the mission foolishness
came.

3 Likes

As a player I definitely don’t like the idea of being attacked right after undocking from a station, especially since the client hasn’t fully merged with the server yet. That’s basically exploiting the spawn point.

2 Likes