New Gurista NPC (high DPS) attacking anyone in high sec

Going against Gurista Kestrels remember missiles weapon system features, i.e. explosion speed and radius. No need to orbit them, transversal is not going to help you, but going straight away from them will. Don’t bloom your sig too much, thus AB is preferable.

Kestrels go 1000m/s and orbit at ~30km, you need somewhere around 800m/s, go straight away keep them at 40-50, this wont let them orbit you. This way damage received is easily manageable, and even flight of light drones is enough to deal with them one by one. They started targeting drones after latest patch though.

1 Like

Orbit is fine as long as you have the agility to maintain your speed.

If you let them orbit their trans is going to be 1000, going to be hard to hit with turrets. I use beam lasers from 40-50, doing fine. You can use missiles, but better use rigs for explosion speed and radius then.

1 Like

I have seen this argument used a few times now, that there needs to be more destruction particularly in High Sec.

The problem with it is that High Sec locals tend to be newer players. They have fewer skills and earn less in HS than Null, WH or LS locals.

I never have more than 1 billion isk for long. I always spend it on something shiny. Increasing entropy and loss won’t help players like me stimulate an overproducing economy because we wouldn’t be spending anything that we weren’t going to spend anyway. Nothing more produced, just less stuff in the hangar.

A more effective way would be to work out which players are sitting on hundreds of billions and even trillions of isk and what career paths they are in. Inflicting more entropy and loss on these types of players would genuinely stimulate an overproducing economy.

3 Likes

There is a much simple way to increase “entropy”. Make null anomalies get that highsec AI make much sooper doopers and carriers explode when they undock.

Overproduction killed. Goons cry. EVE saved.

4 Likes

Now THAT I would like to see, I doubt it will happen though, the null blocks like their easy to bot / farm npc’s.

2 Likes

CCP can simply add anoms with new AI, then reduce the number of non-AI anoms.
“forsaken sanctum” and “forsaken haven”

Actually, I thought about this as a possible idea, but perhaps in another way:

For any anoms in the area, they may come in and act as an additional hazard. This would give people who do them some added challenge. Further, I am not against their mining fleets and their defense fleets, but I think that may be an interesting thing to work with assuming that is the only thing players have to worry about. The older NPC mining fleets just left everyone alone. These could be used to find belts of ‘more value’ and effectively have it so players have to contest for these belts in order to mine them.

The bigger issue is the end result of what I’ve seen with the systems with fleets in them: people leave. People move. Sure, eventually every hi-sec system will have these FOBs and fleets, but until then, people are pretty much avoiding it (or if people who are holding true to their claim, just plain leaving).

If done right, I still stand these can help in teaching PvP in a safer environment, but until the BS is filtered out, these things are just best avoided than tackled. My PvP brawl? Lost, but was still fun. PvP with these things? Makes me wish I did the other, for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

I’m not sure where you get this idea. Highsec is stuffed full of veteran players and their alts grinding and trading large amounts of wealth under the watchful eye of CONCORD. Yes, it also has newer players, but the idea that “the new players” are moving around 10B+ ISK freighters, or grinding out Incursions or blitzing burners/Lv4s for billions of ISK a week earning as much or more than those elsewhere is a little disingenuous. They aren’t new players at this point, and should probably figure out sooner or later that New Eden is built around the idea of loss.

I’m not sure I follow. If you lose a missioning/Incursion ship or a hauler, you will need to replace it as you can’t do anything in your pod. You will have to forgo the “shiney” and replace your loss thus generating something for the industrialist to do and creating game play. Further, you will earn less resources without your “shiney” further reducing the over-production problem, and by making highsec less than 100% safe it allows for players better than you to you out-compete you in ways other than just grinding longer, and force trade-offs on you to balance defence and yield/income. All good things for the game.

I agree though, the game in general needs more entropy everywhere, not just highsec. Some sort of cost of maintenance or a degradation of assets would help take things out of the economy. Problem is, those mechanics don’t seem very fun on the surface so are difficult to implement in any meaningful way which will have a noticeable effect on the economy.

Still, adding more powerful NPCs that can be avoided by just paying attention and warping a way doesn’t seem very onerous to me. I can see it perhaps disrupting/annoying someone’s little cubby hole somewhere and forcing them to move a system or two over for a bit, but New Eden needs some differences in “terrain” and such disruption creates the opportunity for players to interact. Plus, they are intrinsically targets some players can farm/fight so it seems like wining all around.

This is all really nice… NOT… since when do you get podded by NPC’?

<url=showinfo:5//30000179 alt=‘Current Solar System’>Silen <color=0xffffff00L><hint=‘Security status’>0.5<fontsize=12><fontsize=8> <<fontsize=8> <url=showinfo:4//20000025>Otsabaira<fontsize=8> <<fontsize=8> <url=showinfo:3//10000002>The Forge

Ariasian > <url=killReport:67181653:dd8ca536e7718975997b54d85e5c297767f899db>Kill: Ariasian (Gila)

Ariasian > <url=killReport:67181659:bb260c02e680c36deb0f8f5dfec336284548efb7>Kill: Ariasian (Capsule)

and I don’t play every day and have never seen reports or anything about NPC SQUADRONS attacking miners scrambling. stasis, energy neuted, and antitargeted all at once in HIGH sec…

Ariasian > <url=killReport:67238502:50cc12a451d945caa4d9398d0efa2d6096e3557e>Kill: Ariasian (Skiff)

SO I am really PISED and even though I have over 10 years invested in this game I am EXTREMELY ANGRY over all this…

will probably cease my sub and walk away I am that PISSED over this! To me I got NO WARNING they changed such rules and if they’re gonna treat their players in this manner then I’m thinkin I’m in the WRONG GAME now!

rude and inconsiderate treating long time players in this manner with… from my viewpoint… NO WARNING/NOTICE just get podded and lose ships to SUPER NPC’s doing MEGA DAMAGE!

got a ticket in… thinkin waste of time… depending on the response… well we shall see…

5 Likes

This response is exactly what I’m getting at. Let’s all agree that New Eden is never safe. Hisec, Lowsec, Nullsec, Wormhole, whereever: you are not safe. However, the threat is typically other players. There is a complete change in how you can accept things when your defeat is from another player versus a robot (NPC). Before, if you lost a mining ship to say CODE or <insert your favorite ganking corp here>, there’s a different feeling from that loss. Yeah, CONCORD gets involved, but for most people, a lost ship is a lost ship, the difference being that it was against someone else, with equal ability and judgement as yourself. Sure, you may spew salt everywhere, but there is something collecting said salt. There is a receiving end to all of that.

Now let’s look at the heartless, thoughtless NPC variants. There is no reason, no soul, no equal ability or judgement. Just do as instructed each and every single time. Words fall against metal ears which do not care, do not get a rise or are lowered because of them. You lost to a machine, a lesser being. CONCORD doesn’t get involved because it was with another NPC, but as mentioned before, a lost ship is a lost ship, so that doesn’t really matter.

That. Is. Why. People. Are. Upset.

They aren’t upset on losing the ships. They’re upset due to who they lost it to. Hisec already had other players who would gladly purchase a cheap gank ship to make pretty space fireworks. And as a victom, even I’ll admit there is a sense of hype when you try to get away, success or otherwise.

What impresses me more is that those people, the people who do create those hoopla by the rocks and floating ice cubes, aren’t complaining about losing their jobs to these NPCs.

2 Likes

A: Several have confirmed they attack players that even have positive standings. (blue status with them)
B: Confirmed
C: Not so sure about this, not a single player has seen roaming rattlesnakes to date from these, hell not even roaming gilas have ever been reported, just frigs.
D: I can confirm that the navy forces npcs DO NOT return fire on the new pirate npcs, they just sit there and get slaughtered.
E: Confirmed on all STANDARD combat npcs, however the miners and haulers DO drop loot.

2 Likes

Regarding C, I have seen Gilas on D-scan, along with Caracals. However, we either had to cause a defense fleet or appear near the FOB. Just wanted to throw that out there.

1 Like

Cruisers will come in some of the response fleets if you poke the mining barges. Found out the hard way today just how much dps these suckers can do :exploding_head:
Gilas, Caracals, Blackbirds and Ospreys.
Damn Guristas ecm…

Speaking of ECMs… I had the STRANGEST thing happen!

So I was dealing with more crazy kids on my property (kestrels), and went out to chase them away (with drones). I decided to start using my Vespa EC-400s just for laughs and during my third outing on the third remaining ship, my drones engaged and the fleet NEVER attacked or targeted me. I actually was very confused and kept my orbit with no issues what so ever. The ship blew up, engaged my next target, and the kestrels woke up from their naptime wondering what happened to the squadmate who was supposed to bring the donuts.

So… no idea what happened there. Drones were fine, no engagement with them at all. They just accepted losing one ship.

2 Likes

Oh, we’re talking about the ROAMING fleets that attack players at stations/gates/in missions etc. You will see Gilas/rattlesnakes/etc on scans from defense fleets at FOBs and even see them in the Mining Expedition sites when they are on scan range.

But noone has reported above frigates actually hunting down players/targets yet.

The fun thing is you have to read patch notes and forums to learn about it. Since when a game is based on forums?

Since when a game is based on fan made third-party resources, tools and services? Oh wait, this is CCP we’re talking about. :neutral_face:

Please show me those level 4 missions that pay that much.

I do not run burner missions and I do not do incursions. So level 4 missions it is. But in order to make “billions” those payouts would need to be increased by a factor of 10 to even come close to “billions”.

Rescuing the damsel again earns me 5 million or so; a Duo of Death is below 5 million, Massive Attack around 15m.
Only an Angel Extravaganza, Dread Pirate Scarlet and a Blockade are netting at around 40-45m isk.
In case of the Angel Extravaganza and Dread Pirate Scarlet, it takes almost 2 hours to complete them and collect the wrecks and maybe you remember, you have to go to the mission area first.
How anyone is making gajillions as day with those isk, is lying to you.

1 Like

well, this explains that.

a single base mission nets 21 M in bounty only, for 10 min warp +mission max. plus around 25 M worth in LP.