New Gurista NPC (high DPS) attacking anyone in high sec

So much wrong in this thread.
Wrong assertions,
Wrong assumptions,
Wrong.

Get out and figure these things for yourself.
Kudos to anyone actually shooting them…

1 Like

Whats the point of a rigor in rockets fit?

I couldn’t remember if it was flare or rigor, but its most likely flare now that I think about it. I was trying to remember the entire fit was but could no longer find the link to confirm

2 Likes

Thank you for adding nothing of value to the discussion.

Now let’s go over thing we know to be true over the FOB forces.
A. They will attack anyone with low to negative standing which includes corps and there structures.
B. They will pod you if you remain on grid with them to long.
C. They get stronger the longer the fobs remain, meaning that eventually you will see Rattlesnakes on patrol as well.
D. The blood raiders do engage the Amarr navy forces, whether the Amarr fleets fight back is unconfirmed.
E. They do not drop any loot when destroyed.

Now let’s go over what we can safely assume then.
A. If the Bloods attack the navy, then the Gurista does as well.
B. If each Gurista Kestral is doing around 350 dps per volley, we can safely assume that the rocket fit linked above is close to what they are flying. If they are using light missiles then we can conclude that the vexor had a appropriate fit and was negating most of the damage from the kestrals and the only way to find the fit would be to ship scan them.
C. They still might be dmg locked so Gurista will still be using ken/therm, however there is no reason that any Gurista using missiles can’t change damage types to test your tank much like the mordos from the besieged sites.

2 Likes

Welp, I actually tried to scan both the Kestrels and the Bantam using a ship scanner. I also learned how much that didn’t tell me anything (no modules detected). Woops.

HOWEVER, new update! My Myrmidon had no added resists added to it and had 40% Kinectic and was receiving roughly 416 per hit from the Kestrels, if this helps at all. I also switched to Hornets (dear lord, why?) and took out the Kestrel menace while they did a very nice 30km orbit. They defiantly have some kind of shielding resist because their armor falls apart the moment I’m done with the shields.

While too late for the Bantam, I do see the kestrels’ capacitor are resting at 412.50 GJ the entire time.

Anyhow, sorry the ship scan was a bust. I was actually looking forward to it.

3 Likes

It tells you their volley damage, about 694 per volley.

2 Likes

They will attack regardless of standings. +2 doesn’t mean anything to them. They seem to follow miner fleet UI rules and that should be addressed (FOB and FOB miners are separate entities anyway).

Gave them an Alpha in a Tristan. They took Tristan and completely ignored the pod.

I’ve been hanging around FOB’s (2-8 of those daily) hunting haulers and haven’t seen a single patrol bigger than 5 frigates - day one to the day FOB despawned. Unless they escalate when killed, they’re managable. (I’m sure Jita would already burn if there were BS patrols).

After massacre at Algogille I’ve never seen a patrol at the gate. They just poke structures and patrol belts (I’m combat probing whole systems). Met 2 patrols guarding miner fleets and got attacked while blapping hauler. Stratios barely noticed damage but tbh I wasn’t sticking there long enough as the fleet was coming.

There was no loot from FOB defense fleet when i killed those before patch. Saw no point in killing a patrol so far but I’ll do it just for the sake of science.

2 Likes

I was given a lore/game mechanics reason as to why concord doesn’t fire on them, now lore/game mechanics doesn’t matter? okay.

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstand what you wrote, but if I didn’t, why does Lore and game mechanics not matter?

If those don’t matter, what does?

1 Like

…welp, the AI upgraded “How to really get one someone’s nerves” by targeting mining drones first THEN the ship itself. I’d be less annoyed if I didn’t give myself a late Christmas gift of augmented mining drones…

I swear, the AI, while very interesting to observe, is really beginning to lose its appeal quickly. It was 3 kestrels doing belt surveys, and now they’ve gone up to 5.

So unless people invest in big, hunky ships to destroy the FOB for barely anything out of it, this is what we have to put up with? Seriously, these suckers need to drop SOMETHING for all the hassle they’re causing (heck, do these guys have hammer space for their missiles?). I don’t mind bringing out experimental builds to see what does and doesn’t work, but even that is losing value.

2 Likes

Don’t fly what you can’t really afford to lose… I’ve seen several augmented ice mining drones blown up by a ganker in a cheap minimal fit destroyer because they can be guaranteed miner tears and trading a few million isk of destroyer for over 140m worth of drone is quite “worth”.

Same thing applies here. The FOB AI also most certainly goes after any and all drones because its targeting priority is only exceeded in targeting remote logi over drones and then ships because of the way the developers got annoyed by players running drones to kill their precious content from extreme range.

well logged on today and found… Red ships at the station and they weren’t hiding behind any Concord “dangerous act” protection wall any more.

perhaps someone is listening… now they need to drop loot, if they are going to fly and shoot like they are officer fit, they need to start dropping office loot. The problem with bringing this silliness to high sec is that we start pointing out your hypocracy. Risk vs Reward…

Lets see some reward.

3 Likes

rofl.

There is no “isk vs reward” in Eve.

This sentence made me lol and it brightened my day. Seriously, thank you. You have a well-developed sense of humor.

1 Like

NOT a happy miner or player right now! Lost 2 ships to NPC’s this week. Both fairly high value! With some rather expensive equipment that… sadly did… NO GOOD!

Got scrambled, stasis, anittarget and energy neut both times! Got hammered with Massive damage in a very short time! And my defensive equipment seemed like it was ignored by these NPC’s.

first one was a cruiser 2nd one was a skiff… thinkin real serious of canceling my sub… been playin since what? 2006? This new crap really pissed me off!

Know real actual warning that I could see telling us this was coming…

WTF is going on with game devs anymore? WTAF are they thinking?

Do they think players like this kinda crap? Been playin this game for a long time… but with this new type game devs that seem to be coming out… may be time to find a new hobby!

Getting fed up with this… don’t need the aggravation… may pull my sub and start doing things other then gaming…

3 Likes

Were you in an incursion constellation.
Because so far people have been saying that these ones don’t scram.
Or did you warp to the FOB itself?

I.E. More information less rant. Because you may have confused one thing for another.

1 Like

Nope was not in a incursion area. Was in Silen which is a 0.5. Went out to mine and found a large number of NPC red miners in the belt. They left. then very shortly thereafter a large number of NPC pirates warped in. 3 or 4 of em were cruiser class. Got scrambled stasis energy neuted and antitarget VERY quickly! Then watched my skiff die VERY quickly to massive damage! Skiff has really good defenses and I had level II shields and armor on it. Drones I had just put out died real fast as well. Was like there was nothing there NPC’s seemed to ignore my defenses.

Went back in a Gnosis to recover my wreck to find 3 standard rats… killed em… then went to all the belts in system and nothing but standard rats… killed em… still PISSED!

4 Likes

Ah. You got a miner defence fleet. Those have been out for months. You did get warning in seeing the miners. They got scared because you have bad standings to them. Warped off and called for a combat fleet. Which is what landed on you. They do high end player levels of damage so you would have been taking 1000-2000 dps probably. Skiff with passive tank might last 40 seconds against that?

The main issue is the regular belt rats in highsec are so crazy weak that these ones are such a huge leap.
Not that these ones are super strong and ignore your resists (they don’t ignore your resists).

3 Likes

Yep. Miner response fleet. But since latest patch you sometimes don’t really get a warning. If they are red to you they instawarp as you land in belt or undock (haulers go to stations), you might have like 10 seconds before response fleet lands on you. They got tacklers who web and scram.

If you’re lucky to get cruiser or BS fleet spawn, I think not much you’ll be able to do even in some bling t3 or BS. Especially if they catch you off guard. They respond much faster after latest patch.

1 Like

So I’ve been dealing more and more with these things and… to be honest, I’m really tired of it now. I’m spending money against a machine at this point and for what? To deal with it randomly again later on?

Earlier, I dealt with an actual match against a Sacrilege with my Myrmidon. Sure, I lost, but with no PVP experience behind me and the fact we were doing pretty good against each other, I’ll take that with some stride. I learned what needed to be adjusted and did just that. Overall, I wasn’t upset at all I lost. It was great experience and I’ll take the loss as an admission fee.

So then I decided to deal with a 5 kestrel fleet patrolling the area. I think I’d rather go round 2 with the sacrilege with the same ship. The DPS they dish out is more insane than the my earlier brawl, even after switching for Kinetic resistance. Triple reps going and everything, I can only do so much before I have to back off and reload, repair, and go out to take out another Kestrel.

It was not too bad when dealing with 2 Kestrels and the Bantam, but this 100% does-not-miss BS is really starting to show it’s flaws. During my brawl, there were some misses or grazes. Things that make sense. In this case, I want these mystical frigates because apparently they deal the highest amount of damage all the time, every time.

Also, one thing that also bugs me: While using the ship scanner some more, I tried to see if I could see how much cap the bantam needed to perform its reps. No matter what, I could not ever see its capacitor amount drop even by a small amount. If these are to help teach PvP tactics, it’s only going to teach people “Praise NOS” in situations where it always helps them.

Overall, I have to agree that they need to be toned down or be given the same rules we also deal with. No 100% accuracy factioned missiles and no unlimited cap (I can understand if you have to double their capacity since resource management AI would take a century to produce right). I dare say my experiences with these things has helped me get ideas on some PvP stuff, and even may have been a reason I went into the brawl confidently, but the fact remains: these new NPCs may be asking a bit too much from the people who typically reside where they are being placed.

4 Likes