New launcher... new Linux error?

I think it might have something to do with Ubuntu’s upgrade method. It seems it reverted my Wine installation. I was running the latest 6 dev before, and it’s on 5.0 now. I’ll upgrade Wine and be back with an update.

edit: directly

Upgraded Wine to 6 stable, same error. Reinstalled the launcher and let it update itself back from 13 to 17; same error.

That sucks…try installing in a brand new prefix maybe? What version of wine are you running now?

you might want to try to install msvcrt 2019 or later using winetricks before installing the launcher (this will use microsoft’s c runtime instead of wine’s built in version of the c runtime).

v6.0.1.

Cheers for the heads-up, Alpha. I’ll give that a go and post back.

I’m surprised you can even run the launcher with 6.01, the patch to fix the issue with cryptopp landed in 6.14 I think

From memory, if you run the MS visual C runtime then you’ll have the functions available, rather than the Wine C runtime from 6.0.1.

Gore

Oh I just remembered…can you try removing an account and re-adding it? I’m curious if you get a crash after logging in. If you don’t, I’m stumped because the launcher has always worked fine for me with the built-in runtimes.

Could possibly try wine-devel instead of stable if Gore’s suggestion doesn’t help. If its the bug I’m thinking of (and it may not be), the regression that broke it happened in 5.9 and the fix happened in 6.14, so upgrading from 5.0 to 6.0 would trigger it

Remove and re-add didn’t work.

Darn. Well let us know if native msvcrt works. My only other ideas are switching to wine-staging/wine-devel or trying a fresh prefix

so old msvcrt only works? cap some one past git commit

Erm, I havent updated my launcher… Im on lutris with wine staging and was working perfect yesterday night, today I tried launching my 5 accounts to grab the free daily gifts… but clients never showed up, I went to the launcher and stopped them all, and it stopped all of them with an unexpected error message, so decided to only try with one, and I get the green checkmark that the client will load and nothing, and minutes later Im still waiting :frowning:

I just hope that the announcement they put about the Mac X client… maybe they did something again without telling us before hand?

looks like the only way to play now is steam/proton

same - workaround already findeed but no - ■■■■ ccp
THIS IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME

tech support a minite ago seyz me - ur a usingng bad windows - ■■■■ u

There is supposedly a workaround for the Linux launcher on another thread, but I can’t get it working. Something to do with moving launchdarkly_client.pyd one folder up in its subfolders, but that didn’t help me.

Are any Linux users with local wine able to get the client running after yesterday’s patch?

Try setting the copied file to read only.

did that. No effect.

Then we’re possibly screwed in the next update,… then the next one perhaps…

update: I got it working, but only if I use the shipped wine client, not dev branch, and not the local wine. I think I have it working with Vulkan even, but I’m not sure.

update2: no, Vulkan won’t work. If I install Vulkan libraries the client crashes.