New market update potential economy collapse

It wont let me delete this post, so ill be brief. Im sorry if i caused anyone any panic. Tbh its pretty clear that i overreacted about the economy changes and tho my math was correct, my assumptions were not. I do however stand by the fact that this has made trading somewhat less profitable (but thats likely a good thing, since you could make well over 200m per few hours when starting from essentially scratch).

9 Likes

One day passed, did economy crash?
That’s just “there will be no mining” in new form.

5 Likes

We need to wait for ±3 months before we can see the real effect.

6 Likes

There is lots of station traders which have stock of trillions of mineral units,do not fear - Have a beer.
One will always get the isk liquid from traders and a place to dump stuff, rest assured.

In 0sec there is lots of daily ship trashing, demand for stuff is a common need since the beginning of EvE.

1 Like

That’s where you are wrong. Most orders won’t get updated at all. And what’s more, most orders are not made from BO - actually they are the same.

So most players won’t even notice a difference, except that they are no more cut by 0.01 isk and so their orders are gone faster.

1 Like

I hope youll be back in buisness soon. The hubs are a problem, since as far as i know the patch notes stated that all revenue would be cut by half. My large scale trading has also been disbanded for the time being.

Lol ?

1 Like

Perhaps i should rephrase that. What it really says is that half of the earnings of sail taxes from stations will be given to the npcs as a “isk sink”

13 Likes

I wonder Wich npc will take that taxes if someone decide to place a market hub in a wh for his alliance?

no one, that player corp decides

It was definitely either a complete lie or a complete mistake.

Also it’s still wrong as the structures that had less than 0.5% tax will all have more taxes for the owner by now.

1 Like

No I mean with current patch, half the earning from player owned market goes to an NPC. In hisec or low/null it can be the closest or the main territory the market is placed . But what about wh?

Make sure to leave a tip based on the product - not the service…

–Gadget prefers Cider

Im pretty sure the NPC isnt a person.

2 Likes

If you sell stuff that has enough demand it will be sold sooner or later even if you not changing the price all the time. If you were smart enough to figure out what you need to sell, there was no need of the 0.1 game in the past either. This change will make more wide range in prices, instead in past where you can calculate everything easily, and it will make harder for people who not know what to manufacture and sell and where to do it, and they just want to sell random stuff by listing items on other people’s market and play the 0.1 game.

5 Likes

Ok, by this point its kinda clear that english isnt my first language

Don’t worry about it was just a light hearted joke not meant to be offensive or anything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh no it was really funny :slight_smile: im not offended or anything, im sorry if it sounded that way

2 Likes

What should we do with a drunker poster,
what should we do with a drunken poster.
What should we do with a drunken poster
Early in the morning ?

Hay, ho, and up she rises !

4 Likes