New Project Discovery: COVID-19

Finally I have caught up with you!! :wink::smiley:

1 Like

Level 14!!! Woooo!

1 Like

From that news: “[…] and now we are hoping for phase three to contribute to the fight against COVID-19. We will be releasing more details as they are ironed out”.

There was no “more details”, there was no deadline announced for Exoplanets Project. We all, who participated in Exoplanets, expected from CCP some clarification about end date, how much time do we have to finish our goals. Really strange that you act like you don’t understand, where the problem is.

5 Likes

The lack of common sense communications from CCP is just amazing. It is almost appears that they are falling into the trap of since they are familiar what the final plans are for any change in the game, it becomes second nature for them to forget that the general player pool is left surprised or at least under prepared in regards to either accomplishing a long term goal or maintaining an accomplishment. They promise updates or further blogs/explanations and then either post a last minute blog or leaves the surprise in the new release notes.

The question is just who is responsible for timely informing the players about major changes and, more importantly, exactly when those changes are to take place? Even a week’s heads up could have removed most of the PD bile we are seeing. While I am fortunate that I wqsn’t effected by either the Upwell changes nor the removal of the exoplanet PD, I understand why so many people are upset. Just who is responsible for informing the players in a timely manner?

4 Likes

I don’t know if anybody answered this or not – the Exoplanets also had a limit to how many levels you could complete in one go. Relogging solved it, and was meant to. Just try relogging next time and see if that lets you continue.

I know it’s annoying, but CCP is on a crusade against botters, and is implementing all sorts of nonsense against it. Nothing we can do about it, so just relog and start over.

1 Like

Relogging doesn’t help, with the daily limit on new project discovery.

2 Likes

Well, ■■■■…

2 Likes

Exactly…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I said “Hard limit” not “Soft Limit”… It’s SUPER annoying…

2 Likes

why is there a hard cap?
i don’t understand

1 Like

Basically they said it’s to combat botting. However they also admit that almost all PD Botting is on Alphas… So I say just limit Alpha characters. Leave omega alone

3 Likes

oof… there goes the fun.
At least it was worth the while… kinda

1 Like

Exactly! I was able to get 3 Marshals out of the Exoplanets, and the last one I rushed through after they announced they were pulling it.

I’d like to point out here that CCP did say when they first announced relaunching the new PD (a little more than a month ago it was) that new information will be provided as details are ironed out. That’s what they said. They promised to publish new information about the new PD as it became available to them. As such, they never did, and just pulled the Exoplanets without a single word about it.

A very low move. I understand a short warning, a week, hell even a couple of days of warning would have been nice. But all these people who directly PAID to play the Exoplanets…and you just F them over like that… Not nice.

I would advise everyone who feels their progress was wiped unfairly to submit a ticket. Whether it will get you your levels back, I don’t know, but you have to at least hammer it home to CCP that it is not okay to act this way towards their own players.

3 Likes

Well, there goes 198 levels of progress. Quick question: would it be possible to have more than 1 PD with different rewards? So we could keep collecting stuff from the exoplanets, while also doing this one?
Or at least an actual notification about the change? Preferably in the game and not in some social media platform?

2 Likes

One thing I always taught about is, sure the reward level can be the same where in you need to be 500 to get that marshal but in all honesty make reaching it take less time and I mean let it take a week or 3 to reach it. Sure we will see more people with marshals and the price of it will be less than 1bill,

But if this ■■■■ is helping us fight COVID-19 make so that reaching level 500 goes faster so more people want to do it. The more people doing it the faster we can help. Also if you scared people will quit after getting that marshal well add another 500 levels and some more skins and maybe some new ships maybe some special Mining ship that looks a bit like a science vessel.

I was doing the exoplanet for over 1 years I managed to reach 150 but that because I only made it during Dubble XP because it was so damn slow reaching a new level I mean bloody hell oh you need 800k xp for next level and you get like 80-100 exp . The stuff was way way way to slow could get so boring I ended up hating it so damn much. If you want people to help make it take less time so it becomes less boring and monotone so that more people want do it. I mean if this is helping to battle COVID-19 then why should be care if the Marshal is a rare ship or a ship every one has the more people helping the better.

2 Likes

The two are connected. Most people are not gonna bother doing PD unless they get something really good out of it. If it becomes so easy, and the Marshal (currently still the best reward) drops below 1b, then you will actually see less people doing the PD.

The balance was just right with the Exoplanets.

1 Like

“Are you serious” is going to be Eve’s new slogan when dormant players return to their citadels. But practice is always good too.

I was wondering if they reset anything - and they did. That does indeed suck. I don’t recall anybody undocking their project discovery level and hence the victim cannot be blamed this time.

1 Like

Current EXP reward system for Project Discovery is bad as it has little incentive to achieve good results. Marking 6 clusters is literally 6 times the work of marking a single one (even more as you have to adjust the borders), but the reward stays the same. It is more efficient to just “skip” (mark incorrectly) the 3+ cluster setups and still maintain a passable 80%+ score than try to keep a high accuracy and mark everything. Which means that the data will be contaminated by those “skip” entries. Will the resulting quality of the analysis be of any use for the entities who commissioned it? Will this achieve anything outside of “feeling good” for Eve players and some positive PR (maybe money) for CCP?

I think that the reward system should be adjusted in order to provide more points for more accurate results and be proportional to the amount of clusters detected (true positives).

1 Like

Build cost is 1.25bil in materials alone so that isn’t likely to happen, so even if it took 3 weeks to farm a marshal you would still need to add on the cost of that 3 weeks worth of farming and boredom to the cost meaning its probably still not going to be much cheaper, you can make a lot of ISK in 3 weeks doing other things :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve tried this, and relogging doesn’t work this time round.
I mean, unless they patched it across today’s downtime?