New Server

@CCP_Hellmar @CCP_Rise

An interesting idea popped up into my head with the release of Eve:Echoes. I am thinking of something you should look into that could massively benefit the game, and ultimately the company and solve its retention rates.

Since Echoes will provide a “fresh start” on skill points you can monitor it. I suggest creating a questionnaire at the start of the sign up process for these accounts and try pooling data to see how many people are going to the mobile app for the reason of “a fresh start”. Be sure to include data for "if they are coming back to eve after longer duration breaks (>= 2 years). It may also benefit you to pool data on if people heard of the game and knew about it but did not play because of the massive lead in skill points.

If this is in fact one of the major draws to the game, or people are coming to the mobile app for this reason, you will have pulled data to validate my positions on the reductions of longer duration skill training.

Many times in the past on the forums i have posted a position that a large amount of the retention rate is loss due to the long tracks of time it will take to get into a new ship, and that with faster progression you will increase both the retention rate values, and competition rates. with faster training alliances mandating new ship types with ship builds may move from its unreasonable position to a more acceptable one.

If these validations are made to be true, you could start investing a massive reduction in the Level 4-5 skill training times. Alternatively, you may look into another server, where people can start fresh. This will also benefit income rates of the game as it will result in an increase of sales for boosters on the new servers.

-regards
naari

Stop posting terrible ideas.

EVE is not an instant gratification game for people who lack the attention span to invest in long term planning. People who hate this aren’t going to like EVE anyway and the last thing CCP needs to do is alienate its core audience in favor of pandering to people who want WoW in space.

EVE must never have a reboot/alternate server/etc. A core selling point of the game is that EVE is a single universe and everything you do has an impact on the game world. No alternate servers where your accomplishments don’t exist, no reboots that invalidate your work. One world, period.

But hey, if you actually had all those CSM votes you lied about you’d be in a much better position to lobby CCP for your terrible ideas. Looks like the reality is you’re just posting in the trash can and nobody cares.

4 Likes

That can be changed. We both know that. People may hate a game for one reason, and may stop for that reason, and as a result of many people stopping because of something, that change may be reversed or changed to make the game enjoyable to those people.

So their hate is not a constant thing.

Then we have eve echoes, and its core selling point
“get in on the action, on a fresh server”.

It seems ccp does not agree with your position (like usual).

Actually, I did have those votes. You need to prove i lied about that. It turns out i was 3 weeks shy of the active subscription requirement to quality. That is what prevented me from being a csm member, not votes.

Like you not caring about my idea’s, hellmar, I dont care for yours.

Not without compromising EVE’s identity and sacrificing its current customers. A supposed “prodigy game designer” should understand that it isn’t possible to please everyone because people have conflicting desires.

(Which is yet another point of evidence that you are a fraud.)

Then we have eve echoes, and its core selling point
“get in on the action, on a fresh server”.

Nobody gives a **** about a F2P mobile game that someone threw together in a couple weeks and will probably be dead by the end of the month. We’re talking about the real game here.

Actually, I did have those votes. You need to prove i lied about that. It turns out i was 3 weeks shy of the active subscription requirement to quality. That is what prevented me from being a csm member, not votes.

Uh, sure. So why haven’t you won an election since then? That’s sure an awful lot of excuses for how you failed to do something you claimed was effortless.

Like you not caring about my idea’s, hellmar, I dont care for yours.

That’s nice. Unfortunately for you CCP gets the final say and this forum is 99% a trash can for terrible ideas that CCP never reads.

That is a position of conjecture. You dont know they will leave with the change, but we definately know they are leaving now.

And an intelligent person should know that if a game is dying around 10% a year, trying to keep the current database is doomed to failure.

The end is coming, and you and i both know it, b ut you want to say “what ever, who cares?”.

You really are not that smart.

This is life or death for ccp, either they adapt and please the other players, or it dies.

As for those who are leaving (likely you and reject buddies), you know my position of “good luck, dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way out”.

Eve does not need you and people like you to live. The faster this position is adapted at ccp, t he faster the game will get to growing.

That is your opinion. For us real developers (even though i work specifically on pc games, and my company will probably stay in that generate pc-mac area) we know that mobile gaming is and has been growing for years, and the future of games is likely in mobile games.

Look at blizzards diablo app, eve echoes, etc for validation of this

So, professional game designer, you have two choices to fix a declining game:

1. Fix the issues the current customers are complaining about: stagnant endgame content, FW being broken, etc.

or

1. Blow it all up, destroy the fundamental concepts that EVE was built on, and hope to magically attract enough new subscribers to not only make up for the lost customers who aren’t happy with the changes but to also grow the game and recover from the decline.

The fact that you think that option #2 is the best one is yet another data point in favor of you being a fraud and a liar.

PS: you sure do spend a lot of time scamming newbies for someone who claims to be concerned about player retention.

That is a false dichotomy.

The other option is to slowly relax from your positions until you acquire more population.

Eve does not have to be rambo, it can go for a more harden version of justin bieber to please more population even if it is, young girls (or in this case, carebears).

We both know that is a lie, and anyone who clicks the link

Can read through the proof to see it, is a lie.

“Start a new server and break one of the fundamental rules of EVE” is not slowly relaxing until you acquire more players. It’s a massive and dramatic step, the kind of thing that can instantly kill a game.

Screenshot proof is provided in that post and your desire to hide the truth doesn’t make it a lie.

And yet it was done with echoes.

You screen shotted a bunch of eve mails and put false narrations on them.

For example, when i raised the tax to 100, and you did not tell people why that was done, that it was a form of trolling that was taking place over discord.

You guys are liars, you spam that link as if it some how effects me, who does not play eve, nor has intention to do so in the future. and if i did, it’d be on another account you dont know about (i actually have a few of them ;). I play eve to help people and the skill point training does not effect me at all

That does not mean in any way you will “scare me” away. Spam it all you want, i will be here to point people to click the link that explains everything in there, and why you are liars. In the mean time may your lives be cursed. You are evil people, greatly transgressing.

I am here to help this game, because it’s a good game. I hope that my positions will some how heal or better the game, but we both know what you and friends are after. a means to fulfill your psychopathic narcissistic need to fill your non-existent ego’s because statistically, you were unloved as children.

No it wasn’t. Why is it so hard for you to understand the concept of Echoes being an irrelevant EVE-themed F2P mobile game and not a new instance of EVE? Calling it a new server makes about as much sense as claiming that Dust 514 was a new server.

You screen shotted a bunch of eve mails and put false narrations on them.

Hint: I’m not the one who posted that. It’s just a useful example of you being a liar and a fraud.

who does not play eve, nor has intention to do so in the future

Then please STFU and GTFO if you don’t even want to play the game. I can only imagine what a sad state your life must be in that you dedicate so much time to posting about a game you don’t play and don’t ever intend to play. Clearly your “game design” business must not be giving you much work to do.

In the mean time may your lives be cursed. You are evil people, greatly transgressing.

Lol, now you’re going to resort to begging your imaginary friend in the sky to “curse” me? Oooh, I’m so scared…

It is not irreverent if ccp gains vital data from it, like that people feel like they will never catch up. Even if it is largely separated from eve’s original population source (either by mechanics like dust, or being on another serer).

Oh give me a break. You and reject friends did all that.

Hard pass bro. Im here as i said, to help fix the game, and make sure that you guys know you dont have any power over me. btw, thanks for making me get a bucket list item for life, namely, to have a viral internet feed.

may evil and hardship in your live cease you for that statement.

MAGIC MISSILE MAGIC MISSILE.

Actually, at least D&D players have the decency to understand that their spells are imaginary. And the sad thing is you seem to genuinely believe the ridiculous things you’re saying here.

It is not irreverent if ccp gains vital data from it

What vital data are they going to gain? It’s a trash F2P mobile game made by some random mobile developer that paid CCP to license the EVE IP. It’s a completely different target audience, a completely different business model, and completely different mechanics. Attempting to apply any lessons from the mobile game to EVE would be utter idiocy.

Actually, its more like
“lighting bolt, lightning bolt, Lightning bolt!!!”

Uh, sure, whatever you say. Cast whatever imaginary spells you like at me, they’re still just as imaginary as your invisible friend in the sky. But it’s still amusing to me that you take this stuff seriously.

EVE Echoes had made me realize that I actually hate the passive SP generation mechanic as a way to progress. I’m unironically willing to drop like $50 if that means I can skip all this crap.

Also, lmao, another one of these “new server” posts. I thought you were a game developer, guaranteed CSM member, and a long time FC for multiple high level nullsec blocs. Despite all that “”“experience”"" you still advocate for a new server, and all because of a mobile game? Lmao, get out of here.

Except for china, of course.

Then again, everything is wacky in china.