New Skins - Spectral Shift

I just want to know how the skin works, I don’t fly SoE ships but would love to better know how it works because just staring at the skin in the game shop doesn’t seem to help me.

You can view the SKIN in ship info window in game, by clicking the ship picture and choosing the SKIN you want from the left panel.

As for how they are working on technical level, these are patterns projected onto the hull. DEVs have editor and can do fancy stuff in it. Its a shame we cant.

1 Like

Yeah but the thing is, I know how to view the skin, I just don’t know how to notice what fancy stuff it does through the ship preview panel.

It looks fancy? I think it doesnt add anything else. There isnt anything more to it judging from description.

This color shift is just a description of a pattern. It doesnt shift colors, its just a pattern.

What stuff? It’s just paint it doesn’t add new hull bonuses.

I know skins are not supposed to make a ship strong, but the description claims it will shift colours, which is what I want to know how it works and stuff

preview doesn’t show it?

Unless I am missing something I can’t notice much by staring at it, rotating it, etc. just shows the same colours of blue half on top and most of the bottom red

It has some nice reflections but other than that no shift so far

Maybe check your visual setting, try to max it.

wtb ultra settings

Because its not shifting colors, its just a skin with a pattern named “color shift”.

It is shifting from red to blue, from bottom to top. But its not animated, just a pattern.

I need your machine, my graphic is melting on non switchable clouds. I’m playing on very low details because of that.

Its just a gradient texture with triangle pattern functioning as the “shift” they describe. Its just a type of gradient texture.

CCP loves gradients.

Bah, thought they came up with an actual color shift, it also makes it weird looking when you look it from below, looks like a red and blue zebra

Alright, thanks for the info!

How about going onto Test Server and Check it out there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s a good idea, but tbh too much trouble to check out something I won’t even bother using

well press Login and chose you Charakter go into Store and Buy is a very Hard Job to do.

I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU :joy::joy::joy::joy:

You can disable clouds without going into the lowest settings. I think its hidden under the “Effects” option in the “Effects” panel, on the left of “Graphic Content Settings”. But I dont know for sure as I dont really have to bring down the settings with GTX 1050 Ti.

2 Likes

but EvE is looking like Elite on that settings, almost vector graphic.