New T3 industrial ships for low, nullsec and wh

Why is the OP confusing Mining with Industry?

You know that mining got buffed out of the changes in this period, though, right?

Id like a ship that could do actual INDUSTRY on the move, that would be cool.

You know, the stuff that isnt mining or shooting.

But with some shooting slots too, you know, for fun.

1 Like

More capable mining ships = more ore coming to market = lower prices. Look for ways to use knowledge and skill to gain an advantage with the current mechanics. If CCP make an OP ship they simply wreck the market (Rorqual is the poster child for that)!

2 Likes

So you mean power creep? And then everyone has to switch to the new thing instead of the Orca?

3 Likes

Well balance it by making it so you lose all mining skills if it gets blown up

3 Likes

Some do. They just don’t talk about it.

1 Like

I can only speak for myself but I feel like my Orca in its current state is VERY gank resistant. Most of the time hi-sec gankers just move along to another target. It is a very versatile ship.

I can mine, salvage, kill trig fleets, support a mining fleet, support a combat fleet, haul freight like a DST, and all this while having high 70s low 80s resistances and 350k EHP plus.

Of course low / null sec is much more dangerous, but I was always told that is just the price of null / low sec.

An Orca is very capable of filling numerous roles and defending itself pretty well. Especially with a friendly fleet supporting it.

My 2 isk

3 Likes

WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS IS T3 RORQUALS IN HISEC! …or it will die…for newbie retention…

6 Likes

So you want solo ships.

EVE is not for you.

2 Likes

I’d argue for t3 barges. Configurations for tank,cycle time, storage. Cloak capabilities. Decisions between warp speed, max speed, signature, ect. Would be really nice to customize, maybe take a few through a WH.

I know the general consensus is that mining should be nearly removed, and if you want something better than a barge get a rorqual…and other statements from people who don’t seem to know much,about mining, or assume its just bitters pastime.

For the foundation of all that is eve it seems very ignored, other than making more difficult less safe less profitable ect.

Very real gaps in ship use and functionality exist. With the new changes getting a rorqual makes less and less sense. Reducing null safety and predictability opens the need for new tools that don’t exist and renders some options as somewhat obsolete.

I know new barges is not sexy and doesn’t excite the pvp focused crowd ccp seems to only care about…but it would improve game depth,

2 Likes

I know you are wrong

3 Likes

I think the general argument is that T3 ships, while seemingly attractive, are a PITA to balance. They shouldn’t be proliferated to every other ship class…

2 Likes

Unless it was better than Orca for AFK mining no one would use it.

And if it was, then it should not be created.

Ship creep is bad.

2 Likes

No, you shouldn’t. T3 are cancerous to the game.

1 Like

I think the only industrial ship that could truly use a buff is the Primae.

3 Likes

https://forums.eveonline.com/c/technology-research/player-features-ideas/74 is the section for game change ideas.

I would like to see a Ore Industrial Ship in the same class as the Noctic that is more or less a flying compression array… Let it only equip 1 Booster module insted of the Porpoise 2 or the Orca 3.

TL;DR Porpoise would boost better, and the new ship haul a bit better by compressed ore.

1 Like
1 Like

I think we’re already have a good variety of industrial ships, only upgrade I could wish for is to allow for a gas miner on the porpoise and a T1 stripminer on the Orca. I feel the Orca is still a little underpowered and the Rorqual still slightly OP.

1 Like

I am not sure what this idea could even flesh out into.

No matter what options you throw onto the ship, it should not be the equal of a combat ship and would be easy prey for a combat capable ship to take down without support. The T3 nature would change nothing but the cost of the loss.

In highsec, all options other than mining yield would be ignored, and people would end up complaining about how their ship, which should have magi-shields because it cost a lot of money, dies to cheap ganking ships.

Nobody’s going to be happy with this ship. The propoise does much of what an Orca can do for a fraction of the price letting you yolo your way into wormholes, lowsec, or wherever, and not be out a ton of isk if your adventure is cut short. You can fit a probe launcher to it already without upgrading it to a T3. You can move reasonably quickly for a ship of its size. You can even slap a cloak on it if you want to.

I like the ship. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn’t have a Rosada Dawn skin. You hear that, @CCP_Convict? Porpoise, Rosada Dawn skin. I wantz mah pink shipz! Will donate to a good cause to get it, too! *hint hint*

1 Like

You should hear my daughter…every time she sees me playing Eve she demands that I get a pink ship. She doesn’t accept any of my excuses about only cynabals and machariels coming in pink.

4 Likes