Newby friendly Punisher upgrade for LS ratting

Hi! I’m actually flying a Punisher to do Low Sec belt ratting (0.4 and 0.3 belts).

Normal rats and BS are not a problem, and i want to take a step ahead and start ratting 0.2 and 0.1 systems. The only problem i have is that i want to do clone soldiers too. 0.4 clones are easy to take down, but i struggle a little with 0.3 clones (Clone Soldier Recruiters). I have to micro-manage my shield booster a loot to avoid running out of cap, and if i keep my shield booster off more than 15-20 seconds i start taking damage on my armor.

Also, i can’t orbit them at 500 properly, since my ship is not agile enough, the closest i manage to orbit is like 1100m.

This is the fit im using:

[Punisher, PvE 1]

Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S

Small Energy Burst Aerator I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I

I try to maximize DPS while keeping my ship agile enough to avoid some shoots (i can avoid 2 of each 3 volleys aprox). With my actual skills, this fits give me 239 DPS and 950 m/s with AB on.

As i said, i can’t go to 0.2 systems with this fits, since taking down 0.3 clones is pretty hard for me right now (it takes like 3-5 minutes to break his armor with my DPS, and i need to micro-manage my shield a loot to keep my cap)

I was looking onto one of this two ships as my next step:

• Retribution Assault Frig (i have the skills, but seems fking expensive)
  • Coercer Destro (i should learn some skills to use it, and i really don’t like it, but seems cheap and effective)

Wich one would be better? Can i kill 0.1 clone soldiers with one of this ships? I also accept advices of using other ships, but i prefer to stay in Amarr ships and small sized ones (Cruisers and BC seems to big and clunky for me)

EDIT: Im killing Sanshas Nation rats, the ones that use EM and Thermal damage

Destroyer be better really, still small and nimble enough for fast travel and will put out more DPS and your tank should last long enough.

Or…I’d say fit a mwd to get in range quicker and that should keep your orbit tighter get rid of the nano fibre and stick either armour resist in there or more heat sinks. I’m not sure but your dps should be enough.

Hope this helps some what, fairly new myself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.