Next Step After Dom?

there’s not much i can see that could be improved from that situation. i mean, as far as dronebonuses go, what else could be added, drone BCs get an extra bonus for drone MWD velocity, drone destroyers get an extra bonus to drone max velocity, the Ishtar being an specialized droneboat gets several bonuses to all combat drone classes. and of course there’s logistics with logi drone bonuses. and then there’s the mining ships with mining drone bonuses.

the only thing that hasnt been tried in terms of drones is EWAR or Salvage.

for the battleships each one has got its own gimmick to differentiate it from all the others because they share the same 10% bonus to damage and hitpoints so they have to have a thing of their own. Dominix happens to be the one with the most usefull for PvE (cause sentries).

perhaps another battleship with a bonus to heavy drone speed and agility but with the Ishtar or the Myrmidon there, why even bother.

1 Like

If we’re talking sheer drone bonuses the Ishtar is the best drone boat in the game and far superior to the domi in terms of heavy/sentry drones.

A Rogue Drone Faction would be pretty slick.

1 Like

damn right, with that sweet dominix model. but there’s still the thing what would be the gimmick of those? we could get a skill for rogue drone ships (as we are getting new for triglavs for example). but there’s still the thing about the per lvl and role bonuses.

how to make those unique compared to other droneboats, that’s the main problem to tackle.

They do not need to be unique, they need to sacrifice active weapons (bar 1 turret for aggro purposes) for more drones. There, you got it, rogue drone boat…
But CCp will respons with usual “drones create lag” excuse they have been using for past 6+ years (after changing engine twice and server side god knows how many times).

that could be compensated by giving a 20% drone damage bonus instead of the 10%. why have more drones on field anyways? i advocated for it in the past but it seems like more unnecesary micromanagement. in fact, i was among the ones against the changes to the Gurista ships.

nowadays i would suggest changing drones into a system simialr to fighter tubes instead. perhaps that way we could have the 10 drone thingy, just that it would be separated in squads or something like that. whatever.

Consider this, someone tries to take a system from goons. Goons see “content” and engage.
2 hours later you have 5000 characters at one keepstar all pressing FONE and unleash 5 drones or fighters.
What are 5 times 5000 or more again?

Now you have about 30000 individual entities all making distance checks, turret hit roles, logi range calculations, vector comparisons and hp calculation to each other.

That system will be at 2000000% tidi and you see rapid jesus launchers become station artillery guns very quickly.

The Dominix is an incredible ship for what it costs. 750dps sniper from 150km where you dont even have to worry about tanking anything, just blap blap done, drop an mtu come back later for loot and salvage.

The Rattlesnake is an obvious upgrade where you can push 1200dps from 100km, but the thing is you’re going to spend at least 600m for one fully fit, while the sniper domi will cost you at most 200m fully fit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.